RIP

abc.net.au/news/2017-09-28/gym-accident-teenager-fights-for-life/8995340

Look like he should have kept that weight down, under 50 kilos at least.

>100KG

is that counting the bar?

Yes. Why wouldn't you count the bar, it's weight you're lifting

Not him, but do i need to count the collars?

No, just the bar, that weight is negligible compared to the plates and the bar.

are they weightless?

yes but nobody counts the bar since everyone lifts the bar you dummies

not all bars weigh the same.

the collars I use probably weigh less than half a lb... I have used some others that were 2.5lbs.

>not counting the bar
>being a retarded dyel

pick both

Anti gravity plates too.

>counting the bar

Do you count the barometric pressure too you autist?

>well you see since we're at sea level this is actually 2pl8 not 1

holy shit I actually should measure this

thanks user

wtf theyre all 20kg unless youre gay
youre not gay are you?
but if you are call me pls

>all bars are 44 pounds unless youre gay
wut

45 you stupid Ameriburgerfatheartdisease56%white

>tfw only lmao 3pl8 DL @ 350 SeaLevel

Who the fuck counts the bar? So many dyels in this thread

lmao

keep in mind if you're not in Greenwich you have to account for nonstandard temperature and pressure. the weight printed on the barbell is only applicable in Greenwich.

20kg is 44lbs you elder dingus

Wrong.

Ok smartypants if you're so smart tell me how much does 2pl8 weigh?

you have to be a special kind of retarded to not count the bar

>yea bro I bench 60kg
>wtf dyel
>well I mean I'm not counting the bar I guess that's another 20 fucking kg aka 1/4 of the total weight I can lift
>wtf dyel

>inb4 it's a meme you dip
bullshit, I'm sure half this retarded board actually bought into it

HE ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

i love this meme it actually caught me in real life occasionally

Cringe.

Most bars are rounded up from 44lbs (22kg) so by not counting the clips you get pretty close.

>not counting photon moles falling on your reps
Lmao never making it

Lets be honest
He was not trying to bench over 100kgs
>well all know the code
He failed 1 pl8 then gym staff put on the extra pl8s before calling the ambulance

This is why I don't promote weight lifting. They are heavy and dangerous. Everyone should to calisthenics.

Brutal.
Top kekking from me.
>nice work

>be twig
>think you're hot shit
>think you can bench 100kgs
>lmao
>turns out you can't

I don't feel bad for him, it's his own stupidity that has got him fighting for his life.

Fucking he looks like a twig anyway.

this thread is a fucking mess. No board on Veeky Forums can ever fucking stay on topic, retards.

literal darwinism

The bar is made of metal and weighs like 45lb/20kg, which is significant so we count it. If your collars are the metal ones that weigh like 2.5lbs each, then yeah, add 'em in. If they're those plastic ones that are something like 700g, then don't bother.

Who the fuck tries to bench more than their body weight and then instead of rolling it down your stomached you drop it on your fucking neck?

I actually don't count the bar and tell people the plates. They think I'm weak but I guess it's low expectations. My bars are big maybe the 35 lb ones so I guess I'm around 150 lb bench/squat/dl

a soon to be dead or paralyzed spastic

i bet the reporter felt sorry for him and added a 0 to the end of that 100

You're correct my dude. There were literally threads years ago when a bunch of joke images were created and we agreed to troll the shit out of people with them. Now it's gone too far and the summerfags believed it and passed it on.

Definitely started as a Veeky Forums meme, but a lot of people sadly believe it.

It must have been so fucking heavy he wasn't able to control the descent. Think about that for a second. THe bar was so heavy relative to his strength that his arms couldn't even shift it a few degrees down.

Home gym user here. Why don't people bench in the power rack?

Why would you ever bench without safety bars on either side? That sounds fucking retarded. Do people really do that?

LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!

ded

44 lbs is 22 kg, but 45 lbs is 20.4 kg? The metrik system could never handle this much freedom

He couldn't roll of shame himself to safety so he died

Don't listen to him folks, one day someones gonna ask you what you squat/bench/whatever and when they load the bar so you can show them you're either gonna deload and get laughed out of the building or give into the pressure, try the lift and catch the 5 o'clock straight to snap city.

>Benching without someone to spot you
Literally asking for it

How did he even lift the bar up in the first place if he cant even handle the descent of it?

Lifting it off the holds is a lot easier than lifting it off your chest.
Also muscle weakness sets in as you go.

calisthenics is way more risky, if you want to reach the same strength levels. i do both, but let's not fool ourselves

probably came to Veeky Forums for advice and we told him 1/2/3/4. he tried doing it.

How far above your max do you have to go where this could happen? 2x?

Or if you are using a fat bar for dem fore arm gains some of those are 50-55

maybe he should of taken off some weight

>brisbane

that poor Nigerian, Indian, Chinese, or Thai boy

>cityfags
no one cares about human trash

Kek this is why i never put clips on my barbells this and the fact that im not a retard and can actually have balance so the bar will allways remain horizontal.

Kek

Even with clips you could still push the bar aside on the floor and slip away

how does it feel to be wrong?

>
>It must have been so fucking heavy he wasn't able to control the descent.
and he tried to lift it anyway.

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY

HA I GOT IT FIRST YOU FAGGOT