Thinking about doing a water fast

Whats up Veeky Forums I am currently 230 LB at 5 foot 10 in and I am looking to lose some weight. I am planning on going to lift weights every day, while water fasting. Any tips on how to do it? Any other recommendations? How do I end the fast without fucking my metabolism? Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHlvKQwZFSI
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

take sodium, potassium, and magnesium to avoid fatigue, cramps, and headaches after your kidneys dump a bunch of salt in the absence of insulin

What mode is this bros?

don't fast you fucking retard just eat less

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHlvKQwZFSI

Bellysgonnagetyamode

Yeah man I was thinking of doing that to the point where Im not consuming anything at all, got any suggestions on what else to do

if you want to water fast, then it would be strongly recommended to actively monitor your serum values through a healthcare provider, or whatever 3rd world alternative is accessible, for the entire duration of the fast.
otherwise, you're likely going to induce organ failure and/or permanently cripple yourself.
alternatively, you can just plan your meals and eat ~1500 calories a day, without even working out, like a normal, well-adjusted person wanting to lose weight.

>induce organ failure
Doesnt sound nearly as good

What would you recommend for a 1500 calorie diet
Should I do cardio or lift weights as mentioned in post

you can eat literally anything you want, dumb nigger.
no exercise is even required.

What's the point if you're going to lose mostly muscle?

Both. 140g of protein (560 Cal's)
Rest with whatever . Lift and do cardio.

You prob won't find 140g at 560 Cal's (as whey and chicken have fat) but that's just to show how much you could cut.

It won't work. If you try to work out while fasting you'll feel like absolute shit.

You'll lose weight, but it will be water weight as your sodium intake drops off.

You'll regain all the weight in a week or two.

On my third day of fasting, the hunger is becoming quite annoying. Going to end at 10 days.

Do you prepare yourself with a big meal? Do you do any sort of physical activity during these long fasts?

What would be the point of the body storing energy as fat if we burned muscle during famine? Fasts aren't scary and you won't die doing one. You'll lose about two pounds a day through the duration of the fast so if you're worried about your "metabolism slowing down" then don't worry that isn't a real thing.

Not OP, but can you still use tobacco and alcohol on a water fast? I'm guessing alcohol no but tobacco is fine?

It burns both muscle and fat.

I would definitely recommend starting here
>leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
as a jumping off point. Then go on and do your own research, there's plenty of info out there and pick a fasting regime that sounds appealing.

Also fasting has really been trending on Veeky Forums lately, so take advantage of this and ask questions in the fasting generals:
>>

Not really

Please don't do your fast. You WILL burn out and give up. Furthermore any weight you lose will come right back on when you go back to your old habits and over indulge.

You need to read the sticky and make some lifestyle changes. Go to the gym each day. Try and eat at home. If you need a cheating way to lose weight take adderall.

Assuming your moderately healthy beside being fat, a water fast will be fine.

Something I suggest that can help you control your weekly calorie limits and can become a healthy habit is to do a 24 hour fast once or twice a week. Rather than prolonged fasting just once or twice a week mixed with intermittent fasting daily.

OP will probably do a 2 week fast at most. If his fucking organs shut down, then I'm pretty sure he had a condition completely unrelated to the fast. If he goes like 2 months without food then yeah it's possible, but he should be fine.

Did you by any chance read the STICKY?
T
I
C
K
Y

Man, early 2000s commercials were actually pretty entertaining