How do I get motivated to workout?

How do I get motivated to workout?
I'm extremely depressed and can barely motivate myself to do laundry. I can't focus on anything and really can't commit.
Having said that, I feel like if I can motivate myself to work out, I can get the discipline to change my life.
Also I know diet is the hardest part. The big problem I have developed recently is having a massive carving for sweet drinks. I drink almost 1-2 cans of coke everyday. I never had this problem before but ever since I became severely depressed, I can't stop myself.
If I stop, I feel low energy. Also I sleep 12-13 hours a day when I'm not working
Note, I'm not fat or skinny. Average build and body. Around 70 kg at 178cm.
I'm just depressed.

stop typing on an image board and go to the gym

not kidding

go right now

Go to the doctor and get some tests done. You might have some sort of deficiency.

Just got to get off your ass and do it user. I lift 3 days a week and im doing fucking chemotherapy.
There is no motivation, there is just the act of forcing yourself to get off the couch and go. Once you're there the rest of it is easy.
For me the hard part is not vomiting up all my gains.

A couple cans of soda isn't the end of the world. Don't get so down on yourself.

What's your reason for going to the gym? Maybe you need a better reason, if your mentality now isn't working.

If you don't have the motivation to lift weight then just go for a walk. That's perfectly fine for right now. Do what you can and be happy with that. The most important thing imo is that you be happy, then everything else will come into place.

My motivation is to feel good about myself and get rid of weaknesses.
I feel like if my body is better, I will generally feel better. It used to be that I wanted to impress girls and etc but now, I feel like I need it for discipline.
Honestly, I haven't been able to complete anything properly in my life. I was one of the smartest kids but I can't get even a diploma because I keep giving up half way when the workload increases. In fact, everyone is surprised at how badly I did in school. No one could believe it.
This is a massive problem that I have had. I just can't get anything done and always feel inadequate. I keep missing assignments and postponing things. I can't multitask and feel pathetic all the time.

>thinking getting fit is about motivation

NEVER EVER gonna make it.

That's the problem, how do I escape requiring motivation and change it to habit? Motivation is temporarily but habit is permanent.
However the issue I have is getting started.
As soon as I go to the gym, I keep thinking about all the time I'm wasting and how I could have used this time for school or work stuff.
Deep inside I know that even if I wasn't gyming, I won't do my school or work stuff anyways.

There are countless ways to change your habits and improve your life, but you can't do any of that when you're this depressed.

A perfect diet and exercise habits alone would not bring you peace. That comes from within you.

Meditation helps.

Force yourself to go to the gym every night. One day a week off. You have no choice. Eventually you'll need the headrush to feel good and look forward to it.

Further down the line your body will start changing and you'll take more pride in your appearance. The first months the hardest.

Imagine yourself hitting up the gym and getting fit, getting.
Imagine yourself lifting more than you did last week, beating your own personal records.
Imagine feeling good all the time and having others compliment and look up to you. See them in your minds eye.
Imagination is the root of motivation AND discipline. It fuels desire for goals and actually taking action towards achieving those goals. Even during those times you don't feel like doing anything. It takes imagination and focus to see, feel, touch, and TASTE the end goal. Imagination fuels emotion. And emotion fuels action.
Stop imagining negative things in your life and start imaging yourself taking action to make your life fucking amazing.
It's not going to be easy. However only you can motivate yourself. And it all starts within your mind.

1.) Practically everyone’s depressed. No one gives a shit about you being depressed. Stop talking about it. Nobody wants to hear you talk about it and it’ll make it harder to get people to give a shit about you.

2.) You don’t cultivate good personal habits through just motivation, you do it through discipline. At first discipline is hard, but after a few days the hard work stops being so hard and just becomes part of your routine.

3.) If you need some short term motivation, take a bunch of caffeine and listen to heavy music, then go lift weights. Get angry.

I believe in you op

Focus on dieting right first. I didn't stick to an exercise regimen until after I lost excess fat.

>I feel like if my body is better, I will generally feel better.
OOH, boy.

Transforming your depression into anger is no long term solution. It might be more dangerous than just being miserable.

Get a hormone panel done. I was tired all the time with no sex drive, couldn't concentrate, brain fog, strated losing all my gains after lifting for 2 years. I had pretty much 0 estradiol and a the test of an 80 year old man. Went to a doctor and they did another blood test which made them want to get an MRI. Turns out I had a tumor in my pituitary gland, surgeon took it out and now I'm on hrt, feel fine now except for some short term memory problems that should get better with time.

eat healthy
take phenibut

Pop the pills your doctor gave you. You did have a psychologist confirm you're depressed right?

Workout to release endorphins that make you feel better until you feel motivated enough to workout.