Whats the cheapest I can eat without becoming malnourished or developing some health condition...

Whats the cheapest I can eat without becoming malnourished or developing some health condition? I can get >2000 calories of rice for $.50 a day, but Im worried it will cause problems due to lack of macronutrients.
I could occasionally add chicken or eggs, but Im trying to keep cost as low as possible.
Im only taking in 2k calories because I do not lift (can not afford the extra calories to bulk), but I do walk about 10 miles a day.
Thoughts/ideas? Thanks Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

bangordailynews.com/2011/03/14/health/pork-still-a-healthy-choice-but-no-longer-‘the-other-white-meat’/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lentils and sardines, nigga

Add beans the occasional spinnach and tuna and you are set

Rice, beans, ground beef, some mixed berries and frozen veggies. My grocery runs are like $50 for two weeks.

I have never eaten either of those things. Recipe ideas? Or just heat and eat?

Thanks user, didnt think about tuna/spinnach.

Are you trying to get gains or just maintain/possibly lose muscle?
For gains..
Bulk oats/rice/sweet potato for carbs
Peanuts/olive oil for fat
Chicken/eggs/tuna for protein
I pretty much live on this diet right now, but also include lots of produce and red meat from time to time. And almonds instead of peanuts.
If you're talking about just living without dying..
Bulk white rice for carbs
Peanuts for fats
Eggs/tuna for protein (but only need minimal amounts)
The latter can be healthy depending on how you approach it. Assuming we're looking for healthy due to this being a fitbessboard..

Buy chicken thighs instead of breasts.
Lentils.
Bag of dried black beans.
Eggs.
Try and eat some fresh or frozen veggies.

Oats
Lentils
Spinach
Peanut butter
Bananas

You can hit all your macronutrients with these foods on a 2500kcal diet and sit on 150g protons.

Don't bother with empty carbs like rice.

I dont have much to lose right now, Im 5'11 and about 123 lbs. Im trying to maintain/improve my current health, and start lifting once Im stabalized and have more money for food.

Also, pick up a generic bottle of daily multivitamins for dirt cheap, add one of those and you can live reasonably healthy (probably more healthy than 75% of people) for cheap.

Lentils need to be boiled, but rule of thumb with canned food is that the canning process involves cooking them by its natur

What's part of the world do you live in? Reason for no money?

Sardines you can just eat out of the can or cook on (wholemeal) bread. They dint taste the best but are a fucking miracle superfood high in omega 3 and protons and cheap as fuck. Look up fishermans eggs for a tasty sardine recipe. Lentils can also come out of a can: drain and rinse or they can come whole: boil.

Just steal food from the supermarket and eat like a king, fag.

how do you even reach 1g prot/lb with only minute protein in any of those ?

He said he's not trying to gain. 1g/lb is building or maintaining on a cut my
Friend. Most people get around 50g protein a day if that.

Go fishing at your local river, catch dinner, cook with rice and roadside veggies

hum... i'm cutting and the sticky insists that high protein (well, 1g/lb) is proper for cuts. Won't you lose muscle if you get 50g of carb per day on a cut ?

Get a book about foraging the wild edibles in your area. If you're walking 10 miles a day you're probably walking past lots of edible greens.

All of those except for bananas are protein rich

Reread my post. 1g is for bulking OR if you're on a CUT (meaning calorie deficit). Due to calories being low on a cut your body is in a catabolic state (meaning it wants to pretty much eat itself) high protein diet prevents your body from using your muscles as protein. But,if you're on a crappy diet like everyone else in the world BUT are hitting your maintnence calories, and have say, 50g of protein a day, you probably won't lose the little muscle you have(assuming they have little muscle because they eat like shit). Make sense? Like for example a lot of chicks that eat "healthy", only eat around 50g protein a day maybe.

get a multivitamin with your rice and add some seasonal fruit depending on where you are, bananas are cheap for me

Fishing seems smart, but Im in a populatuon dense area and I dont have a license

Im homeless in America right now. Next week Ill be starting class at a local college and am using my refund check to sustain myself until I can find a job.

Recommended vitamins? All the ones Ive found have been in excess of like $40/mo

wut? a bottle of multivitamins is the equivalent of like $5 here

Gotcha, well my adivice is to stay drug/substance free so you don't get kicked out of the shelters, also, instead of starting class.. I'd be looking for a job and save some money for a place. Look at night stocking at grocery stores. Not trying to lecture, just sounds like you could use some advice,been in some tough spots myself. Anyways..
Like everyone said, rice or oats, peanuts, and canned fish/eggs and a generic multivitamins. Your best bet.

Butter for cheap fats. 40g a day is plenty.

my poverty "i fucked up this months budget" bulking diet consists largely of nuts, fibre cereals, frozen veg and nut butters

J E R U S A L E M A R T I C H O K E S

Read properly but the lack of punctuation made me misunderstand. I'm fat/fit (can accomplish stuff around the gym but fat around the midsection) so yeh...no bananas for me.

Protein-rich RELATIVELY speaking yes. Meaning that if you need to eat carbs, you might as well eat PB.but to get 160g of protein from those you couldn't possibly stay under 2500....Or if you can list out the proportion, i'd be happy to check as i've grown tired of chicken and eggs.

Smart choice on the fiber, but be careful because it seems that you are getting a lot more fat and protein than you are carbs (besides veggies), which isn't too good for a bulk

How is it possible to be a functional adult and never eaten lentils before.

i know, but pulses and oats give me horrible indigestion

sardines on wholemeal toast is another staple

eggs and canned tuna, whatever veggie you want most are cheap as fuck.

I spend about 60 bucks a week on groceries. I dont buy anything frozen and next to nothing that is a branded item. Fresh fruit veggies, meat, and carb staples.

Am I getting scammed though? Should I just simplify my cupboard/diet?

Sounds reasonable to me. If you want to save money wait for sales and stock up on the cheap good stuff that lasts, like beans.

Same here, living at about $40-50 a week. I get chicken breast, tomatoes, onions, spinach, wheat bread, eggs, block cheese, almond milk, etc. Sriracha is a good choice to spice up meals when the same old makes you wanna kys

>college kids from eastern europe go to work to US
>then travel a month or two across US
>still end up bringing back 5-10 thousand bucks
and you, you skinny shitter, decide to go to college while being homeless... get a freaking job

Gta 4 reboot looks good.

POTATOS ALL KINDS AND ONIONS AND GREEN LEAVES

6-12 scoops

Chicken cutlets, frozen veggies.

is there any dollar store type of buildings local? Dollar tree here has generic multivitamins for 1.00 a bottle.

Better, eat for free at your local homeless shelter.

All these niggas saying chicken/beef for cheap protein, com'on, bruh.
PORK
Pork is the cheapest lean meat you'll get here in the west.

>pork
>lean

U wot m8

>Many cuts ofporkare asleanor leaner than chicken.Porktenderloin, for example, is just asleanas skinless chicken breast and meets the government guidelines for “extralean.” In total six cuts ofporkmeet the USDA guidelines for “lean,” with less than 10 grams of fat per serving
bangordailynews.com/2011/03/14/health/pork-still-a-healthy-choice-but-no-longer-‘the-other-white-meat’/?

apologizes, that quote is all fucked up.

brown rice, beans, lentils, mixed frozen vegetables, bananas, oranges, EGGS, chicken breast, ground beef
just eat eggs every day man

Oats/Rice/Sardines/Milk/Eggs

You can manage 2k calories without having to eat rice only m8, that's a silly idea to begin with.

not to mention pork tenderloin is about double the price of chicken breast

Fair enough, then don't buy tenderloin. Pork has more fat than chicken yes. Factor it into your diet, like anything else.