How in the FUCK did strength training on a deficit become such a meme?

How in the FUCK did strength training on a deficit become such a meme?
>You can get stronger on a cut, bro
>Lift heavy when you're cutting, bro
Fuck THAT. If you're obese, maybe, but not if you're just trying to shed a little fat for Halloween. Lifts that should be completely doable are kicking my ass. I can't hit 5 reps to save my life. 4, 3, but never 5. The strength is there, but I gas out way too quick due to the caloric deficit.

Who the fuck do I blame for wasting my time on this retarded strength while cutting meme? Why is high rep/light weight not the common wisdom for cutting periods?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ifNJ0pZpmx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do a lean cut.

Its so you retain as much strength as you can you fucking moron.

If you sperg out so much about deloading during a cut no one can help you.

>he wants to do high reps on a low calorie intake diet
>he wants to do low weight when cutting so that his previous 1RM -20% will bury him
Good luck

You want to retain as much strength you can while on a calorie deficit idiot. It's not a meme it's very basic shit and well known. Hypertrophy while cutting calories will just make you more catabolic. If you're gasing out quick you need to focus on when and what your pre workout meal is.

I am. 2,600 calories a day, down from 3,500. I'm 195 lbs currently at 5'11". I'm trying to figure out where maintenance is and my TDEE calculator says 2,800, so I'm getting 200 below that. I'll adjust after a few weeks based on weight lost, if any.

"Retaining strength" and "increasing strength" are very different.

I want to do whatever works. Veeky Forums said this works, but I can't see how I'm supposed to be building strength when I can't hit 3x5.

I understand the theory, but the practice feels like bullshit. I really can't see my muscle mass disappearing if I go high volume instead of heavy weight during a cut. Both will instigate protein synthesis, which is all you need. And my nervous system would surely bounce back after ending a cut, no? That doesn't just evaporate over night.

I don't have a preworkout meal. I work out at 4 AM. Which reminds me, I forgot my yohimbine. FUCK ME.

>shredding fat for halloween

Lmao are you a child?

Agree with everything else though.

never do this, cut as aggressively as you can without losing muscle mass so you can get back to productive training

youtube.com/watch?v=ifNJ0pZpmx0

cutting during a strength phase is fucking stupid, cut during a higher volume moderate weight phase so your body actually has some physiological reason to hold on to that muscle

If you lose strength or run out of "gas" on a 2600kcal diet then I assure you it's all in your fucking head.

I'm glad I have your assurance. Don't reply again, moron.

I assume another factor is being 30. Recovery is slower and requires more calories to achieve. The first week of the cut was okay, but by week 2 I was fried.

I'll check out the video. Thanks.

Do whatever the fuck you want then dude.
You're worse than the fatties that cry, "i control my calories but it's my genetics!"
It's basic fucking, proven science dude.
"but i FEEL like if i do this, etc, etc."
ALSO, you don't have a preworkout meal and complain that you're feeling burned out?
You're literally doing EVERYTHING wrong.
Go do some fucking research before you start complaing about how you "feel".

30 is the peak of male fitness

If you're gassing out on a five rep set, either the strength isn't there or you're desperately out of shape.

idk my mainetance cals are supposed to be 3k-3.3k and i ate half of that through last 2 days and i hit bench pr yesterday.

I want to shed last 8kgs of weight then ill hop right the fuck back up on gomad

I have done research. Been here for quite a while, read SS, read a bunch of Israetel's and Nuchols' articles, and watched a ton of videos.

I'm not talking about feelings. I'm talking about the bar going up and down.

Where is the science that says people other than rank novices can get stronger while eating at a deficit? Beyond noob nervous system gains, I am not seeing evidence of it in my own workout and I made the thread to ask whether anyone else has experienced the same or why people think lifting heavy on a deficit is ideal.

As for preworkout, I'm not going to wake up at 3 AM so I can eat an hour before the gym, one, and, two, I didn't have this issue when I was eating 3,500 cal/day and I didn't have a preworkout meal then, either.

I can do sets of 10 and that stimulates protein synthesis. So where is the evidence that lifting heavy is the way to go on a deficit? Where's the study?

You won't feel that way when you get there.

I'm not desperately out of shape. I've been working out for a while. As for strength, that's possible, but the strength was there one week and gone the next. What you're describing is very unlikely. Common sense says the calories are to blame, as the sole variable, not a miraculous disappearance of strength over night.

you can work on form and get more efficient with lift

>hurr my form is perfect
sure it is buddy

theorycrafting tells us it's possible to improve form and become more neurologically optimized for lifting, and that this can lead to strength gain on a cut

in practical terms, though, that neurological optimization and form improvement would have to outpace glycogen depletion to prevent a slight dip in your lifts as soon as you've been cutting for a few weeks, and that's not going to happen unless you're a rank beginner

Actually from 30 to 40. But you can keep nagging all the same like the weak faggot you are.

>you can't practice form with high reps

Finally, thank you. That's an actual argument, shows insight, and isn't just meming. I appreciate that, user. Makes sense.

Circling back, video was helpful. Thanks!

>>you can't practice form with high reps
not him, but its better to focus on few reps when it comes to improving neural adaptations. you arent as focused repping 15 squats at 60% of your 1rm as when you do heavy doubles or triples.
This is also the only reason SS and other beginner programs yield such amazing strength gains in the first few months. You are getting stronger because you learn to use your muscles more efficiently.
Once youve learned the basic movement patterns, its time to implement hypertrophy alongside your heavy days.

it works for me faggot.

There are very few tripfags anybody here should care about. You're not one of them.

I can see that argument, though it moves the goal posts a bit. Practicing form isn't the same thing as improving neutral adaptations. You're right that low volume/high weight is ideal for neutral adaptations. High rep is fine for form practice, according to Israetel.

Are you from Vancouver tripfag?

Don't know about anyone else, but I'll share a personal experience and I hope it helps people.

When I first started lifting, I bulked up to like 25-30% body fat just overeating and eating garbage. I made more progress than probably 90% of people on my lifts after a year. After I realized how fat I was, I decided to cut. I cut on a 1000 calorie deficit for 4 months while lifting the same. My diet was nearly perfect, but none of my lifts went up. I didn't lose any progress, but all of my lifts stalled. Now that I'm eating maintenance again, my lifts are going up. I don't really think it's possible to make strength gains on a big cut unless you're on roids or really fat

>strength training on a deficit
>how did this become a meme?
nothin' personal, kid

>too tired to do 5 reps
>better up the volume!

fucking moron

Not an argument.

you lack will