What's better for 5/3/1:

What's better for 5/3/1:

Triumvirate
or
Big But Boring?

I prefer triumvirate personally (although like BBB, I find it benefits from switching the assistance work around so that its press work on bench day, squat work on deadlift day and so on).

5/3/1 is a powerlifting routine.
Jim wendler is a fat asshole and makes a new book/routine/post every week trying to sell you gains.
5/3/1 BBB assistance is terrible. (lol 5x10 dead for no reason)

>hur muh acessories
People add so much accessories on this shit that doesnt even resemble the original routine.
Also, Jim DELETED the 5/3/1 "for bodybuilders" from his page, yeah, go figure.

Now, if you're powerlifter you'd probably know that this program is simplistic on the %s, stick to the main idea of periodization on main lifts and do whatever else you feel you need.

>stick to the main idea of periodization on main lifts and do whatever else you feel you need.
Hell yeah.
Shit advice for noobs, but once you get some experience you'll know what accessories and rep-set schemes work well for you

>5/3/1 is a powerlifting routine.
This is not true.
>Jim wendler is a fat asshole and makes a new book/routine/post every week trying to sell you gains.
You can easily find most of his book for free.

what sort of routine is it then

not that guy but its a general strength routine without specificity required solely for powerlifting. the fact that ohp has the same priority as bench should tell you that.

anyway OP, im on my 3rd cycle of building the monolith and its the most fun and effective program ive ever run. its mostly geared towards building mass but ive made very good gains on squat and dl and skyrocketed my bench whcih i attribute to the absurd volume of dips

Nice arguments there my friend.
How is not true? read the name of his book:
>5/3/1: The Simplest and Most Effective Training System to Increase Raw Strength

I read all his books already, most of his advice is for powerlifting, for bodybuilding he just say "do acessories, lol" .You can suck wendlers dick as much as you want, that wont make your muscles grow.

He's a fucking sellout trying to cash in on the 5/3/1 fame train, look at his forum and check for yourself how much of an asshole he is. He comes up with a "new" 5/3/1 that barely no changes every fucking month.
He just published a new book, and guess what? There's only hard copies of it because. Hes probably pissed of because of piracy.

Literally none of the advice in the basic 5/3/1 book is about powerlifting. Strength training and powerlifting are not synonyms.

>How is not true? read the name of his book:
So every strength program is powerlifting specific now? Are you retard?
>You can suck wendlers dick as much as you want, that wont make your muscles grow.
Nice projections, but I never wrote that I like his programs.

Sure dude, keep lying to yourself as much as you want.
I'm not saying 5/3/1 is bad, I've done it for months in the past and had PRs, but what I'm saying is that you souldnt expect to build size on any of his routines.
If you're doing any of his "building mass" routines you should just stop lying to yourself and do a proper hypertrophy routine.

he literally implied nothing youre arguing against you braindead imbecile

There's a new 5/3/1

It's called double 5/3/1 where you have two major lifts per workout, 4 days per week. Makes the program actually useable.

He thinks strength routine = powerlifting routine

>laughinggrills.jpeg

Just do jokers and varying levels of FSL for the main lifts and whatever you want for assistance.

>What's better for 5/3/1:
>Triumvirate
>or
>Big But Boring?
Actually reading the book and doing 5/3/1, HIIT hill sprints on off days included.

either 3X5 first lift then BBB for 2nd lift, then accessories
or you can check out Nsun's , which is more volume, faster progression and yields much better results for people that focus on strenght/easthethics and are not advanced powerlifters that have very slow progression margins

>lol 5x10 dead for no reason
He also suggests to do 10x5 which is legit.

Are you doing the pound if ground beef a day and well as the hundred rep pullups/dips?

BBB until you hate it, Building the Monolith until you hate yourself, whatever else advanced programming you want afterwar until you hate life

Link or summary plz

No?

531 is shit because its low volume and has low frequency

its better than any brosplit tho

yea BtM is legit

BUMP for interest

>5/3/1 is a powerlifting routine.

Imagine being this clueless

The frequency and volume can be as low or high as you want you slug

its one of hundreds of programs under the 5/3/1 name. so many more that have more than enough volume

out of those 2 id chose triumvirate

but my personal fav is:
press chinups cgb db row
bench pullups dips bb row