Does Veeky Forums do deadhangs? How long can you do it?

Does Veeky Forums do deadhangs? How long can you do it?

Anything less than 2 minutes is a weakling.

>t. 130 lb twink

i'm 75kg. my best is 66 seconds. will start to do them weighted soon.

I haven't gone for a max, but I usually do about a minute between sets at the end of my session, when I'm doing accessory work.

t. Excuse making weakling

Why at the end when it is one of the best overall mass and strength builders for forearms?

what's the use of these?

grip strength. also it just feels good

no it aint thats farmer walk

interesting that would be like farmers hold but without compression of the spine

Yeah. Pretty cool thing.

Just tried, lasted 70 seconds. If my life depended on it I'd probably endure like 20 more.

I was once at a party and someone challenged everyone to last 1 minute, prize was a bottle of booze, nobody managed to do it, I was afraid to try. Feels bad man, I could have won that bottle :(

>gloves
for what purpose

>How long can you do it?

50 seconds kek

Quite the opposite actually. It opens up the body and that's arguably the best thing for it.

Why risk arthritis or carpoltunnel in the fingers from holding on like that?

Just for stretching aftwer working out. Like 3 sets of 30 seconds. Don't take the time actually.

>at a party
>for a challenge
....and sometimes I wonder what makes you Murricans so identifiable...

You didn't deny his claim

I'm from Poland good sir.

I don't do them in my workout.

But I they used to measure those in high school. 1m was an A.
I could do around 1:30, average was around 40sec.

I've read it's good to alternate the tension in your shoulder girdle as well -- from full dead slack, to keeping it packed/organized, and also pulsing between the two states.

>The only thing that George Michael was good at was hanging motion-less from the monkey bars, which the President's Council On Fitness ranks as "slightly easier than the slide

można było się tego spodziewać

last time i tried i did 1min 30 secs
only time i train grip is while doing pullups
how do i train for the carneval scam with rotating bar challenge?

Hang on a rotating bar

I'd say around a month before neighbours start complaining about the stench.

theres no rotating bar in the gym :(

Put the rotating end of a barbell on two racks set on the highest possible level. Illustrated for your convenience. You're welcome. Might need to fold your legs tho

Also I'm not responsible for when the entire thing falls together and hurts you

175 lbs for 150+ seconds. I do a lot of pullups being in the military though.

is it shitty illustrations time?

thank fampai thats pretty good desu but my gym does not have any place to do this.it only has squat rack and only one at that. maybe i could get some isolation foam and put it around the bar and hang from it?

The ammount of time you can deadhang depends a lot on your fiber male up

If you are fast twitch dominamt you may be good at weighted pull upa but you wouldnt last more than 2 min max even if you trained

Now if you are slow twitch you may last a lot of time but adding 40 kg on you would nearly kill your arms

Manlets BTFO

will this actually make your forearms swole or is it just a contest

they're really good for shoulders

Oh...wait.....no, please. I'm half Polish and I though we smarter.

Then why do pull ups
Or why do deadlifts
Or why do bb rows
And why do bench press
And why do anything that ever requires grip strength or closing your fingers around something

How the fuck do you prevent carpal tunnel syndrome from doing deadhangs by wearing gloves?

just hookgrip it and stay hanging for 5 minutes.

Sounds like a fun thing to do at a party
You must go to some dry places

I do them sometimes because I cannot do pull ups or chin ups yet but have a pull up bar at home. I can't do it very long before my fingertips start to slide off.
It's hard!

I hang one arm at a time for 30 seconds, I feel like it helps my shoulders recover

Just imagine this little nigga in three months...

>inb4 skipping leg day

I do them sometimes. Best is 70 seconds at 77kg bw

i'm 200 lb and I'll do it at the end of a pull up set sometimes, usually for about 30 seconds, if that.

Sometimes I'll hang from one arm, then hang from the other arm.

I used to. Use to hang from thick fucking towels and do one arm hangs. Shit is awesome.

But remember to train both sides of your hands and grip. Fingertip push-ups are great compliment to grip training.

Don't be a handlet.

Dont know. Guess i'd do 45~50 sec.

Gonna try that after chest day. Which begins in 30 minutes.

will this help me grow grow grow?

Scapula retracted or not?

>why lift if theres risk involved?

never gonna make it

yes, uuh forever? i just do it to stretch. i dont get tired of just hanging wtf? im 190lbs btw

just add weight whats wrong with some people

why would i want to progress in dead hang? just do weighted pullups.

whats wrong with some people?

I can do it for 70 seconds the last time I tried. I got a savage forearm pump and I got some serious DOMS.

Might do more of these.

Yeah breh, just do them with your neck for max length gains

Hmmm

Because dead hangs are better for forearms you retarded ape.
>Why do planks when you can do crunches?
End your faggy life.

>How long can you do it?
it depends A LOT on the bar. you can't compare times.

at home i have a doorway bar that turns slightly and is kind of slippery, my best time is 1min 48sec, and my forearms were destroyed completely when i set that pr. at the nearby park i can easy go 5-6minutes without any real effort.

What's ur rationale here? Wondering because I do a lot of these now and they actually don't always feel great one the fingers and wrists

>you have arthritis in your fingers, sir
>damn, doc, what could have caused it?
>have you been doing deadhangs without gloves?
>shiiett

Like im not getting sufficient forearm work from rows hammers dl and pullups. idiot

also i do planks AND crunches wtf is your point?

Fucking what? Arthritis is causes by joint wear, and this is a wear less exercise. On top of that, Carole tunnel is caused by friction with the tendons. Again, no repetitive movements to generate this.

manlets do it to try to grow taller

lol @ this thread

i r8 b8 8/8 m8

You basically just admitted your first argument was retarded

I've never done it at the start of a workout so I don't know my true max, but after a few other forearm workouts and accessory work, I can deadhang for 1 minute bodyweight. I once did 40 seconds with 45lbs strapped on.

>cally just admitted your first argument was retard

how so? i get the feeling you havent been lifting for very long

oh wait i just realised, you dont lift. you hang, kek

Did a 110 pound weighted chinup at 180, kills your forearms.
Thinking about doing weighted deadhangs for grip strength training.

You're saying dead hangs are worthless because you do weighed pullups. Both of tthese are completely different movements, cuck. One isolated the forearms in a static movement, and on is concentric movement of the forearms. Two totally different exercises just like planks are different than crunches

Doo doo and pee pee are different. Doesn't mean they aren't both seeping through your pants right about now.

Feels fucking amazing, the longer you hold it the more pops your start to hear too.

>Doing static excerices for gains

never gonna make it

There are lots of plank positions in yoga, are you telling me i should not do them because i do crunches? im confused

>cuck

>cuck

You're a total idiot no joke. Consider suicide

You are arguing with my point you understand that right? I wait, you don't understand because you're literally retarded. You have been trying to argue my point this whole time, but you agree with me looool

I was joking, but you got surprisingly upset. Do you actually push your waste out directly into your clothes?

> implying i do yoga for gains

I'm 205 and can do over 20 pull ups. Deadhang is nothing in comparison. Cope more you fat weakling.

lmao

damn dude you old

This whole thread is full of fat dyels who thinks hanging feom a bar is working out

I'm 240 and can do 23 chinups on a good day.

o.o um no dude....its not a work out. use red tube to get some good advice for working out

Thats great user! Would you consider hanging difficult?

having skele legs makes dead hangs easier breh

You there bro? Thinking hard for a good reply amirit?

It is, monkey.

It's for people who can't do pull ups, dude. No bully.

> hangs from bars
> calls other people monkey
Fat dyel spotted

I guarantee my lifts are higher than yours and I can do more pull ups than you. Not sure why you're angry. Too embarrassed to do dead hangs because your fat ass gut will hang out?

shoulders, straightens you up

Pretty funny desu senpai

your lifts dont mean shit. hanging motionless from a bar is stretching at best.

also i lift shirtless so my gut always hangs out.