MFW I bench more than I squat

>MFW I bench more than I squat.
I feel like everything is backwards. What's the quickest way of fixing this? Every time I squat I'm sore for 3 days.

Will no one help?

Stop benching
Problem solved

i have the same problem

progressive overload man, also start with the bar

Squat more

Try squatting more than you bench you fucking mouth breather

You've been in gym for 1 month?

Try and squat 3 times a week and start low. You'll eventually only get as sore as benching. Its just because you never squat.

Youre gonna stall on bench for years soon and then your squat will go naturally. Things work themselves out

Switching from high bar to low bar helped me. I just couldn't squat high bar.

Now I squat 100kg and bench 76kg (I'm not saying these are impressive numbers) but at least they are better proportioned

>high bar/low bar
huh?

I'm not really a lifting rookie, I just barely pay attention to terms and just lift weights.

No. I just didn't care about squats until recently. There's also just something about doing legs that wipes me out in a way that an upper body workout doesn't (where I don't want to work out at all for 3-5 days). This is a problem since my sport focuses on cardio strength, so it's hard to progress on squats when I want to be able to run a lot.

It's the only thing I don't suck at.

are you progressing aesthetically?
are you performing well athletically?

>not really a lifting rookie
>havent heard the terms high bar/low bar
>lower squat than bench
you're a rookie alright

Post stats
Post program
Post form
If weak technique, squat more often
If weak muscles, squat more volume

>bench more than squat
>do the chicken leg walk
kek

>sore for days
Okay, found your problem. You're a curlbro and squat once every two weeks and post on Facebook about how you #crushedlegday and how you're #sorefordays.
Stop doing that. Squat more often and the soreness will vanish. You get sore because you provide your body a stimulus it isn't used to.

6'0" 200 lbs. My flatbench is 260 and my squat is 225. I don't follow a program. Most of my life has been participating in athletics, but now that I don't I've moved to mostly just lifting and running. I think both my squat technique and muscles are weak, but I think the problem is mostly coming from my hips and not my legs.

>2017
>giving a fuck about squat stats

I can bench 140kg for 1, deadlift 200 for 1 but when I squat I don't go above 100kg (for 8). I literally train legs like one of those instagram models.

I used to squat two-three times a week heavy with leg press and everything - and it literally became impossible to find jeans that would fit properly. What's the point in building a good physique when you look like a retard in clothes because your waist is 32/34 but you need a 36/38 because of your thighs and calves. Never again.

I like upper body workouts, but I'm also trying to pair endurance training with squats (I run 5ks as training regularly). The 5ks don't make me sore in the way that squats do, but I realize I should have both, but it's hard to navigate.

>mfw i row more than i bench

who /big as fuck wingspan/ here?

>mfw I curl more than I squat

>I don't follow a program
Fix that. Texas Method could be good: the 5x5 sets allow you to improve technique as do the 3x5 sets.
Elaborate on why you think the problem is with your hips. Is it flexibility or weakness?

Squat more, eat more.

just follow the 3 squats per week meme of SL or SS. start with bar, add 5 lbs. per session.

You seriously needed a thread to figure this out?

Of course aerobic and anaerobic exercise aren't the same. It's two different systems.
I repeat again: increase frequency and you won't be sore.
You'll need to eat and sleep more to compensate for the cardio. If you're really willing to improve your squat you could also lower upper body training to do more leg work.

>Elaborate on why you think the problem is with your hips. Is it flexibility or weakness?

I see a lot of people with smaller legs doing squats with higher weight, and I find that I'm moving my knees around as I come up, so I think its my legs compensating for the hips. Just intuition as I've been doing sports for along time and have had all kinds of injuries—I'm OK at spotting where issues are coming from.

I tried doing hip strengthening exercises (adductors), but it seemed like it was making my hamstring act up (possible imbalance between the hangstring and the quad/adductors).

>I see a lot of people with smaller legs doing squats with higher weight,
That's lousy argumentation.
You need practice it sounds like.
Initiate the movement by pushing back your hips, not pushing your knees forward.
If "moving my knees around" means what I think, you're working with heavier weights than you should. Max sets don't make your form better.

>If "moving my knees around" means what I think, you're working with heavier weights than you should.
I mean I'm kind of swiveling them out or in coming up from the squat.

I've been trying to do 5x5s but at about the 3rd set I start feeling like I'm bending forward a lot coming up, though I can still come up. Even doing weightless squats my arms and shoulders don't come vertical very well and I lean slightly.

warm up longer for squats

>not ohp more than your squat
hahaahaha

>I feel like everything is backwards.
Do you press more than you DL?

HEEEEEIIYP HINGE

No, but pressing feels less uncomfortable than dealifting. Whenever I diddly I feel like I'm asking to blow something in my back out, whereas with bench I feel like maybe I'd just drop the shit on myself.

right here fampai. broad as fuck shoulders. back day gets me to have the posture of adonis

shame about my crippling gyno though. shouldnt have fapped every day since age 10

>mfw i lateral raise more than i squat

Squat 3x a week on a full body. You don't even get DOMS anymore and you'll make actual progress.