Why isn't the history of the Khmer Rouge Killing Fields taught in schools?

Why isn't the history of the Khmer Rouge Killing Fields taught in schools?

Attached: killing-fields-baby.jpg (900x634, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allthatsinteresting.com/cambodian-genocide#25
youtube.com/watch?v=uEQgi48ElfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Cambodia is largely irrelevant to most people and to world history at large.

This. Why should kids in America or Europe learn about this outside of a class focused on Asian history, or modern history?

Can you imagine if they did?
>Dem damn SJW liberal fascists forcing us to learn about wars we didn't fight in!

Completely insignificant tiniest country in a galaxy far away. If it would be learned, you would have to only study history, and study it for 20 years.

Literally who?

Because it wasn't REAL communism

It is though.

Holiday in cambodia

Because no one cares

because their are marxist intellectuals that dont want that

Because nobody wanted to admit that evil communist Vietnam was the good guy here

>implying it's not

Why isn't the history of the US bombing the living fucking shit out of Cambodia taught in school?

Attached: cambodiamap.jpg (444x360, 31K)

>I have a vague notion that there are a lot of "ignorant rednecks" in this world, who are the personification of bigotry and stupidity. I have never met someone outside my gated community in real life, but the news media I consume assures me that they exist and are (along with the Russians) the cause of every failure on the part of my preferred political party.

they weren't jews

It is taught. Not everyone is an American.

Way too sad.

Because eurocentrism.

>Why isn't the history of the US bombing the living fucking shit out of Cambodia taught in school?
That's nothing, check out Laos.

>only white people can do bad things
>ethnic tensions were caused by Europeans creating artificial borders
>communism is great
This is the reason we have some many SJWs out there.

Yeah, fuck those flyovers reddit! I m-mean Veeky Forums!

because the US doesn't want to bring up a party that it both created and supported.

It is. I learned about it in high school and I went a run-of-the-mill public school in US

Those heavy concentrations are all in jungle. Cambodian population lives mostly along the Mekong or the south coast. USAF was bombing NVA regulars and VC in the sticks.

Damn those fascist Americans for killing peaceful north vietnamese and chinese communists

They were helping out the Cambodian nationalists by killing off PAVN faggots who operated out of jungles in bumfuck eastern Cambodia.

>Laos
Tony Poshepny is my personal hero.

>Tony Poshepny is my personal hero.
Because he failed at everything he ever tried, just like you?

Why isn't it taught that commie Vietnamese defeated Pol Pot?

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png (2000x1333, 11K)

Most accounts still record severe damage to the country overall.

What exactly did he fail at? He was BTFOing Pathet Lao for more than a decade even though both the Laotian commies and North Vietnam tried their hardest to kill him.

>What exactly did he fail at?
...You know Laos is still commie, right?

And this is Tony Poshepny's fault somehow? You do know that CIA ordered him out of the country in 1970 as a part of general deescalation even though he literally won every engagement he ever led?

>Laos stays commie
>"w- we won guiz! U-S-A!"

>Tony Poshepny was the president and foreign policy about Laos was created by him

>fails to achieve victory
>"h-he didn't lose!! ;_;"

Look moron, when someone only fails at their task because someone else orders them to stop working on it then the person giving that order is at fault.

Commies only won 5 years after Tony left so how is that his fault? The government was still non-communist in 1970.

They propped them up in the first place and did nothing for years until Khmer Rouge started taking Vietnamese territory. Still better than China who went to war over their little genocidal friends getting outed, but still.

Attached: 1484982111790.jpg (251x242, 14K)

>because the US doesn't want to bring up a party that it both created and supported.
Vietnamese communists created the Khmer Rouge, fuckface.

The US only ""supported"" it because Cambodia was China's buddy in SEA and ergo anti-Soviet.

Why do 56%érs run away and bury their dark history?

it was in two different classes in hs we were taught about the bombing of Cambodia and the genocide

>A Thai border patrolman finds a dead child that was killed by Khmer Rouge soldiers.

>Thailand. 1977.Bettmann/Getty Images

allthatsinteresting.com/cambodian-genocide#25

>A young girl and her baby, inside of Tuol Sleng.

>Phnom Penh.Wikimedia Commons

Attached: tuol-sleng-baby[1].jpg (600x718, 24K)

we learnt a lot about it in history class here in Australia actually

naturally, you were involved

Because no one cares?

youtube.com/watch?v=uEQgi48ElfM

I did in mine, what kind of backwater town did you live in to not learn about it?

I'd figure the people who would say that would love to hear about Commies being savage murderers.