Can we finally get past the idea that intermediates need to make weekly progress...

Can we finally get past the idea that intermediates need to make weekly progress? If you've ever done a program like the Texas method, you'll know that you had zero work capacity, conditioning, and lost your 'strength' in less than a week. That's because the premise for 1 week progress is retarded. It keeps you stuck in the realization phase of training, so all you're doing is peaking to a new 5rm rather than actually building strength. Show me a Russian or norwegian prescribing such retarded training to intermediates. You won't find it. Doesn't exist. Fuck rippletits and his drones.

Texas method is garbage, Rippetoe's programs are not. You are all retarded here

>new 5rm
>not building strength

What did he mean by this?

>weekly progress
people do this? would be nice but i've never seen it IRL

rippletits has literally said that you shouldn't do TM unless you're a young male dripping with testosterone, eating 5k calories a day, and sleeping 12 hours a day

Talking about intermediate lifters here, not novices, you dummy.

clarence said he added like 2.5 lbs in each side every workout at a point, and ive been adding 1.25 kg in each side on my ohp the last 3 weeks

Got my squat from 155 x 5 (after ss) to 180 x5 by adding 2.5 kilos every week on the Texas method. Bodyweight went from 103 to 108.

>what is cns efficiency

Strength.

>cns efficiency
>not strength

What happens when you stop lifting for a week? It disappears. Your strength is your base. Not your peak. If you build your base, you'll get a bigger peak. That's why most training blocks are accumulation blocks. Peaking is literally the shortest block of training.

It doesn't disappear. Have you ever actually trained with anything approaching seriousness?

You're not weaker after competition?

I did TM and got great results for a while. It definitely gets hard very quickly and requires you to take your rest and diet seriously, but other than that it's definitely possible to squeeze out some relatively rapid progress for a few months before you change to a less demanding routine.

what weight to what weight?

i mean that just sounds like you learned to squat, i don't think you gained that much muscle in those weeks

>but other than that it's definitely possible to squeeze out some relatively rapid progress for a few months before you change to a less demanding routine.
That progress isn't going to be faster than doing canditos 5 week program or something similar.

>3.75 kilos in 3 weeks
You would have added more doing a 4 or 5 week program with a proper accumulation and potentiation phase.

how much do you add during 5 weeks on canditos routine?

No, just unrecovered. The entire point of the TM is that 1 week is sufficient recovery time for a young man at that level who makes training and recovery a priority.

TM works
canditos routines work
the russian/norwegian routines work

this shit really doesn't matter. they will all pretty well at that point in your training career, and none of the coaches who train competitors care that much about "intermediate" training since it's pretty much baby level anyway. if you're a dedicated lifter you'll get out of the intermediate stage relatively quickly and go on to more advanced routines. I think most people should just shut up about routines and spend their time lifting heavy and eating a lot instead. once you're advanced you can worry about optimizing your routine.

In theory. Reality is a different thing. You will be accruing fatigue.
Biggest problem with TM is that you can't regulate volume (the main driver of progress) in a 1 week system like that. You're limiting hypertrophy, conditioning, technique.

Depends on you, expect 10 - 20kg depending on the lift with increased work capacity, hypertrophy, technique, conditioning. Also take a look at Greg knuckles 4 week intermediate programs.

>TM works
>canditos routines work
>the russian/norwegian routines work
Some work better than others. Going to the gym and lifting without thinking will make you stronger and built some muscle if you're untrained. Doesn't mean you should do it.

>You're limiting hypertrophy, conditioning, technique.
I'm not the user you replied to but in fairness, it is a STRENGTH program. Rip is kinda autistic like that. No difference from gamers who always have to min/max shit.

Hypertrophy, conditioning, work capacity will lead to better strength gains assuming you're doing a proper program.

What are these Norwegian routines you guys mention? I want those icy viking gains

Dietmar wulf

>STRENGTH program
>power cleans