Is 30 too old to improve your physical fitness if you're a severely out of shape skinnyfat...

Is 30 too old to improve your physical fitness if you're a severely out of shape skinnyfat? Like so out of shape that I have to stop to catch my breath and lay down for a while if I walk up too many steps. I'm 6' and ~165 lbs.

It's not

I think I actually might have a legitimate heart condition though, because if I do just slightly exert myself like that, I actually feel completely out of energy for the rest of the day and can barely even sit up.

Then you should definitely see a doctor before you use that as an excuse to stay in bad shape for the rest of your life, until you possibly die at 40 from a surprise heart attack.

You could improve your physical fitness at 60.

>until you possibly die at 40 from a surprise heart attack
I would kind of be ok with that tbqh. My life is complete shit anyway, so I can't imagine even wanting to live past middle age.

>30 “old”

You’re supposed to be 18 to post here, Zack.

Finish junior high and high school then come hang out with us.

Sounds like you've made your choice. If you don't have any motivation to get fit you definitely won't

>30 isn't old

well, that's that
/thread

it's not, you can still be in your athletic prime at 30

Have fun at /r9k/, you fucking loser.

Are you dead? Then it's not to late.

I'm 31 and getting back into lifting. So no, it's not too late. Goals may change from when you were younger (I for one am aiming less for the "Classic Arnold" and more a "Rugby Player" physique as it fits the sort of training I enjoy doing more) but so has just about everything.

I mean hell I just learned about creatine blends that are way better than when I was younger, and generally the nutrition game seems to be better than back then too.

Pick a goal, find a routine that fits that goal, run with that shit like a madman until you find it no longer meets your demands and change that shit up to better meet your goals.

Adapt. Improve. Overcome your skelly self.

Then do the only thing you've ever done in your life that requires any kind of commitment or testicular fortitude, and just off yourself.

you can always lose weight

You're already busy with a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Somehow you already believe it's useless.

Im 36 and turned my life around at 34. Started Couch25K and went to the gym after completing week 5 of 8. I traded in watching tv when the kids are in bed to hitting the gym hard.

It sucks so hard the first months, but when you start to notice your posture changing and your stamina increasing, you'll regret not changing to a healthier lifestyle sooner.

Do it now, or suffer the consequences of your actions when changing or improving becomes almost impossible. You're on a crossroad now. Decide. Now.

plenty of people start at 30 or older.

Calisthenics and light cardio for now
after some months introduce weights

I turn 30 in a few weeks. Never too late breh.

Currently lifting 5 days/wk and doing cardio on off days. It's delicious.

I just started going to the gym at 36, obviously not the biggest guy at the gym, but it's done wonders.

Then fuck off m8. What did you come here for? Sympathy? It's reserved for people who actually care

This is not a good mindset to have.

even the small gains you achieve will help changing that perspective, start now

It's hard to have a good mindset when you're permanently stuck in a shitty dead end career that you hate with a passion and you're past the age where you will ever get an opportunity to improve your life again.

why wait?

I had that kind of mindset when I was in the Army due to doing HR which feels like running a wheel and never getting anywhere.

My advice? Get a hobby. Something where you can track your progress and see that you're accomplishing something. Lifting fits into that really well because you can watch numbers go up overtime, but really anything physical can do the trick.

Also consider a career change. I work in a grocery store these days and while it doesn't make tons of money, my needs are met and I don't hate life like I used to.

the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. the best time to hang yourself on one is today

W-what about 35?

>comes to Veeky Forums expecting to get told its okay to not workout
>hurr its too late for me
>gets told hes a retard
>decides wont work out anyway because of undiagnosed "heard condition"
good thread faget
next time kill yourself or post in the QTDDTOT

why wait then? kill yourself right now and be done with it

28 to 30 in pic
Consider I had never done any kind of physical activity in my life and I had a nearly fatal car crash before stepping into a gym for the first time in my life

I have damaged the right sciatic nerve among other things so lifting is not easy, progress is slow, but it's a process.

Get out of that shitty mindset, you're the only real obstacle that's keeping you from bettering yourself

Even if the heart condition should be real, consult your doctor and and get told what you can do.

That's a nice progress.

>two years for that
dyel

Not much, but it's better than before.
The key point is to make today better than yesterday, I don't care too much about short term results as long as the process goes.

I mean this is fit so people are gonna shit on you for not benching 3pl8 after 2 years but good job.

You have a long way to go, kid.

He's built a nice amount of natty mass. He's shifted his bodytype.

well done, user. keep it up

I can 100% guarantee you look like garbage

He went through a bad accident asshole

post physique fatass

Many wizards start lifting at 30, my nigger.