Come to Veeky Forums to get help with your squat

>come to Veeky Forums to get help with your squat
>get turned into a meme instead
Is this better? A very wide stance.
I had feet surgeries at a very young age so that severely limited my ankle dorsiflexion. It's much worse in the left ankle so I'm actually going to stretch it exclusively until it becomes as flexible as the right one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GwTQMaUA_hU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

are you trying to make the same thread again?

ohh no no no no noooo

No haven't you read?
I'm asking if this is better. I've widened my stance by a lot.

did someone save the pics

That's one chill looking Panda.

Its sad the amount of attention some people need baka

LOOK AT WIDTH OF HIS STANCE!

OHOHOOHOOOOOOOOO

LOOK AT HIS LEGS!

I just want to have a correct form. Is it better at least? I should probably take a pic with weights and plates under heels.

working on your mobility is fine and all but you may want to look at other ways of increasing your leg and back strength. machine exercises, sumo deadlifts (if your mobility permits), etc

Why sumo deadlifts? I can do normal deadlift just fine. Are you saying I shouldn't bother squatting? Weight + shoes and plates under heels makes me go lower.

DO GOBLET SQUATS

What do you want? That's a shitty squat. You need to go lower and you need to not bend over so much. You're gonna snap your shit breh. You need to work on your hip and ankle flexibility. Try yoga and goblet squats.

I know but as I said the weight makes me go lower, plus shoes and weight under my heels help too.
I think it's still a big improvement from pic related, no? (I had a rather narrow stance in that one)

just move your ass more down nigger its not so hard

I literally can't because my knees won't go past that without heels raising and if I lower my ass without moving the knees forward I just fall backwards.

just stick to leg press jesus christ lmao

if you have a medical condition you're better off asking a professional, nobody on Veeky Forums knows anything deeper than
>stretch
>do roids
>drink whole milk
>become vegan

I still don't know what you want. I told you, do yoga and goblet squats. Sure there's improvement between the pictures. You're still going to hurt yourself. You have the solutions, you need mobility work.

this helped me a lot
goblet squats very low tempo, reaching into hole, nice and slowly. then stay into hole and go back up

just kys
Yeah will look into goblet squats and I'll be working on my mobility. Doesn't low bar squat involve that much leaning forward though?

low bar squat involves leaning forward but not that much, in your current state you're on the express train to snap city.

Just fucking watch squat form videos on youtube dude, christ, are you troll

hey op
another mobility retard here.

i got 2 styles of squatting
low bar - very wide stance (massive load and stretch on adductors, you wont be able most likely to get into this position right away (DONT do drastic stance width changes, you can get groin tear)

This stance width allows me to get to parralell, keep the bar path very straigth.
Im not saying its optimal, but works for my lanky proportions.Notice how laughably small requirement on ankles there is.
This is what i use for heavy squats, like powerlifting style. Its not beautifull, and like i said stressed groin a lot

mirin those joocy quads

And this is shoulder width. Basically impossible for me to utilize with lowbar.

I squat like this during front squats, or in daily activities.
Note that i have arms in front of my body as a counterweight on both pics, otherwise i would fall.

i get deeper than this when i have actual weight on me, BUT i need to pull my body in, not like it falls into place myself.

This is more athletic squat style, better carryover to sports and life in general.
Wont be able to use much weight tho.

If i would try squatting this narrow with low bar, result is totally fucked bar path, hips shooting up, good mornings, all kinds of deal.

where is your BBC dildo?

youre mom stole it when she was coming over

Another suggestions regarding assitance exercises and stretches kind of
Tiger squats (the ones where you kinda stand on toes, heels up, and you try to force knees out, very narrow stance, try to rest your ass on ankles)
Cossack squats, those are absolute beast, very hard at first.

Also you can look up release techniques (look around Chris Duffin yt channel)
Basically it revolves around manipulating tissue near joints, which causes surrounding musculature to relax and gain some range of motion.

my 2 cents

youtu.be/GwTQMaUA_hU

I know this looks like shill video, but im sure op will be able to find fix to his ankle problems with same method if he looks good enough

>Sorry about yesterday. As I was saying, here's my son's roo...

bravo

You and OP really need to work on ankle mobility. Every single day at the gym get a bar and put on 25s or 45s and squat down and put the bar on your thigh toward your knees. This should press down and stretch your ankle a lot, hold for at least a minute preferably do it multiple times a session.

why the fuck can't you guys put your knees in front of your feet?

i don't know why you're asking or giving advice on squatting when you can't do something so basic. if you're so immobile it's impossible no matter how much you stretch then just don't squat.

You don't look like you have mobility issues in this pic. I can do the first one (wide stance) but not the second so I guess I will be doing the first with low bar, thanks.
As for mobility I'm currently doing wall foot stretches as well as putting my foot by the wall and touching the wall with the knee.
I also have a massage device and I'm using it on my achilles tendon and ankle joint, perhaps it'll help.

Tbh that's more like a good morning than a squat dude. If you can goblet squat alright, maybe you should do zercher squats for a while and see how that goes, until you have the ankle mobility. Anterior loading always seems to require less ankle mobility. Try it out and if it doesn't work, then just stick with mobility work. Hack squats are a pretty great quad builder if that's what you need, and you said you can deadlifts so you should be able to hack squat too.

bru look at this dude

Put your feet at shoulder width apart and tilt your feet out to 45 degrees or more then squat

you motherfuckers cant put knees foward so you lack ankle mobility

fucking focus on getting your ankles less tight

idiots

knees forward is gay anyway

anyway op got good hamstring/hip mobiltiy for deadlifts lmao

Grab onto something and do it.
Elliot hulse made a very good video on this

what do you mean? My ankle mobility is pretty much the only thing that's really lacking because of the feet surgeries, I used to train martial arts so I think I'm pretty mobile otherwise.
I do feel like I don't bend the knees too much while deadlifting.
Yeah I can go all the way down while latching onto something, but I still lean forward. Will check, thanks.
But they told me to squat very wide.

You basically have the same form as layne norton

You know these guys say this form is bad but I also have ankle problems and I've been squatting like this for a while.

I haven't been injured.