This whole time I haven't been counting the weight of the bar

>this whole time I haven't been counting the weight of the bar

Um, bar weight doesn't county sweetie pie

dont forget to count the weight of the clips too

The two last replies seem quite sarcastic. Are you guys seriously implying that you DO count the weight of the bar? 2pl8 = 80 kg (176 lbs)

do you not realize how badly you just fucked yourself?
if you were unaware of weight that means it technically didn't exist.
now that you know the bar has weight your normal lifts are now 45 lbs heavier. this is why you always pretend there are no weights so you get hench
good fucking luck making gains stupid bitch idiot.

Olympic bar is 20kg ish, it counts don't listen to retards here

Yes, that's the standard kind of Eleiko bar I use. I don't use the shorter 15 kg ones. I've lifted for ~2 years but never counted the bar.

You need to count the weight of the air you're lifting as well. If we use a troposphere average height of 50,000 feet, and estimate that you're moving 1 square foot of surface area upwards with the barbell (1 cubic foot of air is .0807 lbs), you have...

50000 foot^3 x 0.0807 lbs/foot^3 = 4035 lbs (1830.245kg) of additional weight than the bar.

...unless you're inside, in which case you can only count the ceiling height of the air mass. This is the reason park and beach lifters are so much more fit than you. If you lift inside, you might as well be using a smith machine.

>not subtracting the weight of the bench itself
do you think you're up that high in the air by magic? the bench is pushing you upwards off the ground

Are you lifting the bar? Or are you somehow only squatting like 6x 45 plates with nothing attached to them?

The bar counts, fuckers.

You honestly didnt take the foam padding on the bench into consideration holy shit you are retarded. If you think you can just subtract the bench without determining the firmness of the padding along the bench where your body comes into contact you SHIGGYDIGGY

>not lifting in a vacuum

does it really matter if you aren't competing in lifting?
all that matters is improving

Congratz OP. All your main compounds are now 20kg higher. How's it feel?

>Inb4 a bunch of neckbeards start whining about how you shouldn't count the bar
>They never needed to because they can't hit 1pl8
>Inb4 somebody posts the air resistance image and I laugh my fucking ass off

Bro I'm a 22pl8 bencher at the most elite alpine benching academy and we do not count the bar and consider anyone who does to be very ungentlemany

epic bertstare bro

haha remember 2010 misc? haha!

>counting the weight of the bar
>counting the weight on both sides of the bar

If you're benching "2 plates" you're benching 90 pounds.

Prove me wrong

>Prove me wrong
Can you give me a pro tip first

You can't

So you're telling me that when I warm up OHP with just the bar I've actually been lifting 0kg?

What a fucking waste of time. What have I been doing this whole time?

Daily reminder that counting the bar is for ego-lifting faggots who want to inflate their numbers. Why not include the weight of your arms and the collars too?

Because your arms aren't external weight load, and the collars weigh next to nothing.

Not realizing you displace air, not lift it, so you would actually need to subtract weight from the bar.

>when will the brainlets learn