Good night Veeky Forums this is my first time posting on this board...

Good night Veeky Forums this is my first time posting on this board. I’m joining the military and leaving for boot camp in 30 days. And I need to be able to run a mile and a half in 12:30 and do 50 push ups. Currently I can run a 21:09 and 20 push ups. What can I do to get a faster run time and do more push ups? Are there certain foods or exercises that can help with this? I’ve been try And before you say anything, no I’m not a fat fuck, but I am out of shape cardiovascularly, and for some reason my arms tire out after 20 push ups.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iPoE9rsT3Y8
youtube.com/watch?v=q8MU-WjZ5nE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

greasing the groove

I can literally run twice that distance in 21 minutes. Your form is probably disgusting, both for the run and push ups. Seriously, 21 minutes for a mile and a half is insanely slow. You're either heel striking, swinging your arms all over the place, or running like that kid in the OP. As for your push ups, again, I'm going to blame your form and also your pace. You're probably too far out, if your bring your arms in to about shoulder width and angle your hands slightly so that the digits are at a 110-130 degree angle from your shoulders you'll activate more of your chest muscles.

t. army fag

>Currently I can run a 21:09

What the fuck

I joined the Air Force while being incredibly chubby and out of shape at the bottom of my flight PT-wise and still ran the initial mile and a half in like 13 minutes

That's a 14 minute mile time. That's barely a brisk walk. You can't run a mile and a half in 21:09 because you can't run and move that slowly.

You've got a long road ahead of you m8

I can run the mile and a half in almost one third of your time, how the fuck are you so slow?

Do you even run the whole time?

Mirin dat natty naruto run form tbqh ladpais

>1.5 miles
>21 minutes

Did your school have absolutely no physical fitness requirements? Did your recruiter not help you at all? How the fuck do you get through MEPS and the entire recruiting process without someone pulling you aside and saying "lets hold off until you can go down the block without passing the fuck out".

>that feel when you are also terrible at running
I run a mile in 14 minutes and maybe at best 11 to 12 minutes. Any real tips? This is just me but I get insanely red at the face, so I get really warm and its embarrassing to keep going because every points it out.

>Actually asking for advice
We don't make fun of you if you do this.

The biggest tip I can give is also the most obvious but just run. I got my way down to a sub 5 minute mile by just running a couple of times a week. Don't buy new shoes or technical fabrics, don't use supplements, just run as hard as possible a couple times a week. Make sure you have good pacing, you should feel slightly tired halfway through and like you want to throw up at the end.

I asked for advice, not to be picked on you fucking bullies. I know my run time is shit. For some reason I get out of breath quickly and my chest gets tight and I have to slow down. Can you just give me some god damn advice and stop flaunting your dicks in my face about how you’re so much faster than me? Some of y’all are some rood sons of bitches I tell ya..

Do you smoke? Are you overweight? Do you have a serious vitamin deficiency?

I don’t smoke, I’m 6’1 and a half and 190 pounds so I don’t think I’m overweight or at least not seriously overweight, and I take my vitamins daily so probably not.

Do much cardio before trying to join the army?

Pretty sure that mile time is legitimate walking

What's your resting heart rate?

It’s a combination of running and walking, maybe around 50/50, I know it’s a shit time but that’s why I figured you fitizens could help me out, and not kick me while I’m down like dicks. LIKE I FUCKING GET IT OK? ITS A SHITTY TIME? THE OTHER REPLIERS MADE THAT PRETTY CLEAR ALREADY, SO IF YOU COULD BE PRODUCTIVE AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE TO IMPROVE MY TIME I’D APPRECIATE IT YOU FUCKING CUNT!
I’m joining the Navy, also aside from cardio which I plan to run a mile and a half every day before I go to boot camp, what else can I do? Are their certain exercises that can help with running speed? What about foods? And I only drink water btw

Dude I don’t fucking know how the fuck am I supposed to know that shit?

A 21 minute mile and half is unheard of. I don't believe you. Literally people can walk that shit. Are you sure 21 minutes? If so good chance you'll be sent to fat camp or flat out fail.
If you are serious I would honestly look into postponing your ship date. If you wont then drink exclusively room temperature water, and lots of it. Run outside, not on the treadmill. Look up YouTube videos on good running form. Cut out all junk food. Do early morning fastes runs to burn off more fat, and carb load the night before. When running control your breathing.. in thru your nose and out your mouth (deep breathes, not too fast). Google a run schedule for improvement, it wont have you running everyday to avoid shin splints, but itll have you walking on off days. Invest in good shoes and break em in. Drink the room temperature water and pee before your fasted run. Hydration is key, but also have some sodium to retain the water.
Goodluck, you'll actually need it

...breh

As far as speed is concerned don't worry about it. If you really want to get your time better take 2x daily b12. It has cobalt in it which stimulates produce of EPO and increases the amount of red blood cells in your body. Be fucking careful with it though, you can cause yourself a heart attack. I'm in pretty good shape cardio wise and I'm still terrified I'll kill myself on it so I take my blood pressure every day I do it and never do it for more than a week, although it does really help.

Just run a mile and a half every day, twice a day if you can. Your main focus should be completing not time so don't stop running no matter what.

You measure it jfc

I appreciate the advice, but answer me this. Why the fuck would I waste my time lying on a Polynesian pottery board lying about something like this? What could I possibly gain from doing that? I came here because I needed help. Like I said, the reason why my time is so slow is because it’s about 50% of me walking due to me running out of break fast. I find it really insulting that you think I’m lying. I don’t give a shit what you think. I know my situation. I’m NOT going to fail, and I’m going to run a 12:30. Fuck you and all the other dick flaunters in this thread.

I don't know about the Navy, but I'm joining the Army right now and they aren't letting anyone go to basic who can't at least pass the basic PFT.

Don't worry about exercises, just do some light stretches and interval running every other day. Look up Couch to 5k, it's a decent program to get you up to speed.

For real though dude 21 minutes for 1.5 miles is disability-tier. You might want to tell your recruiter that you need more time to get ready, or you'll wash out and you won't get the rate you want.

How the fuck do I measure it I don’t have a blood pressure machine you fucking mongrel. Also thanks for the advice.

No can do, I’m going to work my ass off and get my run time cut down. I know I can do it. Also I already signed my contract for my rate so idk what this “you won’t get the rate you want” talk is about
>disability tier
Holy shit STOP FUCKING BULLYING ME YOU CUNTS IM GONNA FUCKING KILL MY SELF!

>heart rate
>blood pressure

Is this how flips keep driving cargo ships into our shit?

You count your fucking pulse and time it. How can you be this stupid AND this slow?

Jesus christ you're so sensitive. Especially for the military. The instructors are probably gonna make you cry lol

Working your ass off, in a physical state that only gets you 4 mph at maximum exertion, is just going to fuck your knees or give you plantar faciitis or some other nasty joint problem. Careful, deliberate exercise is what you need. Your body is a machine, not a willpower measuring device.

And your contract is contingent on you passing boot camp. If you fail the first time and you miss your original graduation date, they give you whatever rate they have lying around and you get trained in that.

Didn't you have to do the mile run in high school?

Im not stupid I got a perfect score on my asvab you cunt. Fuck my pulse, and fuck you guys I’m going to ask YouTube for help. At least they won’t bully me.
No they won’t because I’m going to keep my mouth shut and not say shit. From what I heard if you do that you’ll go unnoticed.

I am going to to careful deliberate exercise, and I’m not going to fucking fail, and yes I did the mile run in high school.

"Bully"
Is this your first day on Veeky Forums?
Biggest advice for you seaman is to grow some thick skin.

You got a lot more bullying ahead of you, fag. Look at all of this advice you've been given and you throw a bitch-fit because nobody sucked your dick. Come back when you fail so we can laugh.

>I got a perfect ASVAB.

4/10 troll. getting a few responses m80!

Just listen to Scooby, he'll set you up ok.

You really should have thought of this before you went to MEPS.

youtube.com/watch?v=iPoE9rsT3Y8

Yea you’re a fucking bully
>look at all this advice we gave you
Yeah AFTER I brought up the fact that no one except the second user gave me advice and were flaunting their dicks in my face. Look man, I don’t want any beef. I appreciate the advice, it’s just seeing the same comments over and over making new jokes about my run gets fucking old. I got it, it’s a shit time. And EXTREMELY shit time, but I just wanted people to focus on the goal of the post from the get go. I’m not going to fail you fucker, I’m going to save this thread and when I pass boot camp in December 2017, I’ll make another one rubbing my shit in your fucked up face you cunt.

I actually did
I’m not a troll
Fuck off with your gay memes

What's your rate OP?

I know you're an underageb& and shit, but Scooby is core Veeky Forums viewing, and has better advice for someone like you than anyone else on this thread.

Literally no one gives a shit about ASVAB beyond qualifying for your job. Better drop that shit before you leave. They don't have any use for swabbies who think they're too smart for their job but can't hump a mile.

youtube.com/watch?v=q8MU-WjZ5nE

You're such a fucking autist cringelord. No fucks given now, no fucks will be given then. People like you is why the military is so sensitive now

Good luck with that, slowpoke. Remember to buy a blood pressure cuff so you can check your heart rate while training!

>What can I do to get a faster run time and do more push ups?
Have you tried doing more running and pushups?

Are you using the military because they will pay for your transition surgery be honest

Ohhh I think you linked me a scooby doo video and were joking with me. Are you talking about the guy with a hat and has fucking huge pecs? Also I know asvab doesn’t matter it’s just he was saying I was dumb and so I mentioned it. I’ll check your link out man.
My rate is AECF
>generalizing the military over a random user on a south East Asian knitting forum
w e w

You wanna hop off my dick now?What can I do aside from that genius

What the fuck are you talking about ?

OP count heart beats in 15 seconds, multiply by four, post here please.

>fighting for the zog and oil
lol

Why would you do anything else but run and do pushups if you want to get better and running and pushups? It isnt rocket science mate.

He has to fight for breath first.

>implying those are the only ways
Aren’t there other exercises that increase stamina in general? And for the pushups I heard planks are useful because it’s strenghens the core which gets utilized in pushups. I was just hoping you guys could piggy back on some others
You just love having my dick down your throat don’t you? Fuck off with your rubbish jokes you fucking bellend

Post your resting hearrate using this method

kek

>out of shape navy POG recruit constantly talking about dicks

pottery

>constantly
I mentioned it once fuck off you wench
Why?
Shut the FUCK UP!

So we know what your resting heart rate is and can figure your shit out for you, just trust me

Aren't all sailors POGs? I've always though if you're not SF or infantry you're a POG.

>once

Resting heart rate is a good indicator of general cardiovascular health. It can help determine if your running form is killing you or if you're just really out of shape.

Just about, yeah. There aren't a lot of navy guys on /meg/, but the ones who ask for physical fitness advice tend to be COD kids who want to be SEALS. I don't think most guys struggle with boot camp fitness much otherwise.

I’ll test it rn
Okay maybe more than once but it wasn’t in a gay manner. If anything you’re gay for thinking I’m gay for using it.

>COD kids who want to be SEALs

In the army reserves in my country we have all kinds of guys like this. My NCO had extra optional PT which he recommended for everyone who wanted to go SF. You could tell who played too much COD because they'd show up twice and die both times.

Your real mistake was thinking that gay is a bigger insult than POG.

I’ve literally never touched a cod game in my life and I’d never wanna be a seal do you can eat a dick

Also guys my pulse is way too faint, wat do?

>I’d never wanna be a seal

You're closer to whale at this point, so that's good.

Push hard on it with 2 fingers, or move them until you can find a stronger pulse

I don’t think I ever implied that, I know what a POG is. Infantry men use it to put down non infantry men. I totally respect people on the front lines man, but it’s just not for me. POG really doesn’t bother me, but I’d never wanna be a fag.

>hehehe this’ll blow him the fuck out, user thought as he posted his cheesy joke
Upboat mah dude xDDDD
Aye-Aye

Weak slow bitch add stupid to that and you have what i expect from a soldier

>soldier
>weak and slow

Are you retarded?

Well?

Suck my dick you bitch nigger, I may be weak and slow now but I will emerge stronger like a lion. That’s my nindo, my ninja way. HAAAAAAAAAARRGGGHHH!

I got around 17-18 beats user, please tell me that good.

Good news is it's not terrible. You're at or slightly below average which means that you'll probably be able to get the run time to an acceptable level if you focus on your form.

You might be fucked for pushups, do the 200 a day and see where it gets you

Stop acting like such an insecure bitch

Choke on my cock and balls until you gag down my shaft you bitch ass nigger.
Thanks doc, I’ll work on that run!

It's surprisingly decent. How are you measuring your mile runs? Something doesn't add up.

Big hint is just don't stop running no matter what, also consider b12 supplements

I do 8 laps around my old schools foot ball field, which is a mile and a half run.
But user, sometimes my chest gets tight and I literally feel like I’m gonna die if I keep going

You won't, but if you're really scared then stop, take your pulse and if it's below (220-your age)/4 you're good to keep going

>not pressing yourself
Not gonna make it like that, boy.

Isn't 8 laps typically 2 miles? If we're talking high school that is

At my current university the track is 177m so it's about 9 laps per mile

You guys are right, I’ve gotta push my self to limits I’ve never reached. Just like Son Goku!
Well when I was in high school the coach told us that a mile and a half was 5 laps and 1/4 around the the field, so if you do the math you pretty much get right under 8 laps, but I rounded it to 8. So in reality I’m actually doing more than a mile and a half, but by extremely little.

measure using google earth or treksee

Why are you recycling shit threads, OP?