So I lifted at home for my first 3 years lifting, just doing bench, squad, deadlift, press and weighted chin-ups

So I lifted at home for my first 3 years lifting, just doing bench, squad, deadlift, press and weighted chin-ups.

I posted my body on Veeky Forums at like 20% bodyfat and everyone said it’s my routine that makes me look like poop and that I should join a gym and use machines, cables and dumbbells for extra variety in order to make me look like I lift.

So I joined the local gym and for the past 10 months I’ve been doing what Veeky Forums said I should do and I literally look no different and now I’m weaker since I’ve put so much focus on isolations.

What the fuck? Give me one reason why I shouldn’t just cancel my gym membership and go back to my minimalist barbell training at home?

>4 years lifting
>look like shit
you're probably just retarded
sorry lad

Post pic

Post dat bod, faggot.

Doing only the basic compounds for 3 years should have made you look good even at 20%. Did you eat well and raised your lifts at all? post pic

What programs have you done

Here's the pic I posted 10 months ago on here, this is after 3 years of bench/squat/deadlift/press/weighted chins at home.

I haven't bothered taking a pic now after 10 months of lifting at the gym using cables/machines/dumbbells b/c I look exactly the same.

At home? Mostly 3x5/5x5 stuff.

I should also mention, since lifting at my local gym the last 10 months Ive noticed that Ive developed a lot of joint pains, could this be from using machines/cables at the gym? I never had joint pains whilst lifting at home with just my free weights.

You need to lose weight that's why. Your missing all the social pressure from the gym to be slim and work harder

You look p good though you just had to cut.

holy fuck, tricep routine? It's so unproportionately big compared to every other muscle lmaooo

First of all, you don't look that bad, and you do look like you lift. You proportions seem bad, you should do hard work on isolations for your underdeveloped muscles. Basically every group that the main lifts you have been doing don't work hard enough: forearms, abs, I'm guessing calves, and so on. But first lose at least 5% bf. Your nipples are naturaly awful, but it could help.

Such a bizarre pose, bringing out all the worst features of your body. Almost like a parody.

He does like 5 lifts man. Probably just worked much harder on dls and chins.

You need to cut. Isolations are memes ( other than curls added to a 5x5).

Veeky Forums is over-run with newfags.

Clean up your diet, drop the isolations, STRETCH, and EC stack with 30 min on the eliptical 5x a week in addition to your diet and you'll be looking good by thanksgiving/Christmas.

The big compounds + curls + pull-ups/and are all you need to get aesthetic.

Cutting seems so hard though, not even the "social pressure" of the gym made me cut.

The Press™ is my best lift, so I guess it's from that (I've never had any way of isolating tricep at home)

You look fine desu

What were your stats?

Ive never got joint pains from using machines, but maybe you were overdoing it with the isolations.
The only isolations i would ever do are face pulls and maybe like 3-6 sets a week or bicep/tricep here and there. The way you were training is fine you dont need a laundry list of isolations just do what works for you desu.

YOu've been lifting for 3 years and you fell for that bullshit? Compounds are the basis of every weight training routine.

From your pic you just need to cut faggot

Well you dont necessarily have to do like a 500 cal defecit, that's a bit too much.
Start from cleaning up your diet and begin with a 100 cal defecit and work your way up to 300.
Track your calories and weighing yourself everyday helps too.

Google AI thinks you're jacked

It is probably his pose. Fatties would just have their arms normally fall down

Plus he’s missing all the bubble butt cardio bunnies in leggings and yoga pants.

I have to go fap now. Fuck.