I tipped the scales at 380 lbs back in June, am now down 60 lbs to 320 through diet alone

I tipped the scales at 380 lbs back in June, am now down 60 lbs to 320 through diet alone.

Is there any point in a person my size to start lifting yet?

My concerns are:
The current caloric deficit might feel significantly worse once i start exercising.

I will be losing a lot of weight, including muscle, regardless over the next few months

Not to mention im essentially wearing a 100+ lb weighted training vest of fat at all times.

Should i wait until a more normal size to hit the gym, or am I wasting time not lifting already?

If you are still that over weight, lifting alone won't do too much. You need to incorporate cardio into your life. Just walking at first will double the amount of weight lost.

I would suggest lifting as well, because with your stores fat, you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. I wouldn't prioritize it just yet, but it can't hurt.

As for the caloric deficit, I would see how you feel after you walk or cardio. If you feel light headed or sick, maybe eat a hundred calories more. It's all math, just track how many calories you've burned, and don't eat at a surplus. Try to keep at a 500 cal defacit.

At a -500 calories, you'll be burning about 1.5 lbs a week of pure fat. Keep it up bud, were all gonna make it.

t. Recovered fatty

Dude forget lifting. Just move around. Walk. Do basic arm lifts.

And most of all BREATHE DEEPLY, through the nose, filling your belly.

The calories will melt off just from that stuff.

Disagree. I started lifting at 330.I have a 1305 PL total and I'm 255 now. Yeah, if I wouldn't have lifted I would have lost weight faster but I also wouldn't be anywhere near the strength level I am at. Took 2 years and I hit 5 pl8 squat 5 pl8 diddy. There is no way you tell me I would have did that if I would have dropped to a sensible weight before I started lifting

Did this approach help minimize loose skin on the way down? Any tips on that?

Please respond

Good job on your progress dude

I agree, you wouldn't have the strength you do now. Your method is as good as mine, it just depends on what your goals are.

Losing weight slowly is the best method. Yes, building muscle will help reduce looking like chicken skin. Just focus on losing slowly. If it's top bad, you may require surgery to get rid of it.

At Any rate, don't worry about loose skin. It's a good problem to have.

2 years to hit 5pl8 5pl8 holy fuck

And to think i was worried about being 17% and bulking instead of 12%

Tbh just Diet and cardio

your gonna make it bro.

Focus on diet and cardio. Some weight lifti g here and there won't hurt but it's def not a priority for you rn. What's ur height op?

yes op for the love of fuck, your lower body is super disproportionately strong to your upper body right now. it is CRUCIAL that you do as much upper body and ARMS especially as you can while you lose the weight. But like other anons said any light cardio walking and the bike when its comfortable while make the weight melt off and make you feel a lot better. Abs too, will make low back hurt at first but you have to power through it, it will help keep your spine healthy and aligned. if you don't you end up t-rex mode as fuark...
>t. ex fatty too

also you can you adjust you're tdee so you're eating more but still at the same or slightly less of a deficit with the exercise bro

Thx for the response. Sounds like its a mix of both answers, but ill probably start some arms/ chest just to minimize looseness and legs will be ok from hauling around the weight

What's your routine? I'm at 320 right now at 6'3 I'm lifting, and doing 30 mins of cardio afterwards. I've completely cut soda outta my system and eating better now.

Pic related. Any tips btw? And wtf lifting makes me hungry as fuck.

Btw I was at 365 at my biggest.

Nice. Same stats. How long did it take you for this firts 40ish?

Its 100x easier to count calories ang get a food scale if you havent yet, it takes all the guess work out and you can just trust your daily numbers. Seriously, of you're cutting without a food scale you're setting yourself up for disappoinment

OP I've been thinking about this thread all day. I need to tell you something:

Stretch.

Your biggest "losses" in weight are going to come with improved circulation. For the moment you're probably not looking at cardio, so start with stretching.

I've attached a basic routine. Do this. Your circulation will improve, your body will be able to flush toxins, and the weight will fall off way faster.

Plus, when it is time for lifting, your gains will be way better and your body will be able to handle a bit of strain.

Hahaha oh fuck, yeah just keep shoving all the shit in your face but remember to stretch. Oh my fuck you cunts are so gormless.

What other advice do you have, mom? I can't believe I live on this planet sometimes.

I dont think he was implying that stretching can replace diet, just good to do in addition to calorie counting. Stop trying to start fights everywhere you go. Willing yo bet youre a manlet too. Too bad that we can lose the weight but you'll never gain an inch

Took me about 3 months. Just been at this weight for like half a year tho lol. Yeah I just been guessing my calories.

What's your stats exactly, and are you working out?

holy shit that pic, that man has transcended humanity to become a matinee

>Im 255 now
If you aren't arnold schwarzenegger then you are still a fat fuck.
The problem with lifting before you lose the weight is you get invested. You need to cut heavy which means your lifts arent going to drastically improve for a long ass time and if you do make gains chances are you're going to have to sacrifice them to lose some of that weight. To lose the weight you're better off just doing cardio but if you don't mind the fact you wont make serious progress lifting then it won't hurt you.

>he's the early showing.

fuck chest
a) its impossible for you to really train it at that weight
b) you will see no progress for 6 months+ making you demotivated

do shit ton of walking and swiming, dont even think about runing ( will just get you injured and demotivated/immovable) after a while get a bike thats your road towards running

Eat clean, dont have retarded deficit (increases binging chances, depression and all that shit)

good luck user