I am vitamin D deficient. I have a shit diet and live in a cold, dark place...

I am vitamin D deficient. I have a shit diet and live in a cold, dark place. What strength supplements should I be taking?

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/science-and-health/2017/6/20/15838152/vitamin-d-deficiency-foods-symptoms
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/11/20/246393329/how-a-vitamin-d-test-misdiagnosed-african-americans
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

vitamin d

Vitamin D

Haha simply epic simply eric

I meant 500iu, 1000iu, 2000iu?

whats his name?

50 mcg for 3 months, then go get tested. Only way to find the optimal amount.

No need to take supplements even if there is no sun out you still get vit d from being outside. Eating a bit of fatty salmon would also help you

Yeah, vitamin D surely stores in the air. You just breathe it in. Riiight

Natural light helps breh

what did your doc say?

10,000 iu

Jesus Christ dude, no one on fit/ knows that shit, I'm a dietetic student and my best estimate off the top of my head is 400IU, most dietitians just use charts for that shit
This is what you do for supplements, apply to all:
>Evaluate current intake
Easy, you said you don't get sun, so unless you eat shit tons of wild fish you have a deficiency
>Find out the RDA/TUL
RDA(recommended daily allowance) is the level at which the government set to maintain health in 98% of the population
TUL (tolerable upper limit) is the level that toxicity symptoms BEGIN to appear. This is hard when you have to factor in how long you need to maintain this level to reach toxicity
>Go to Walgreen's/rite aid/CVS and buy generic (it's the same chemical compound, isolated by different companies)
>Take enough of it (follow instructions on bottle to facilitate maximum absorption) to reach RDA without exceeding TUL
Optional: research athletic performance and that micronutrient, apply newfound knowledge to dosage WITHOUT exceeding TUL

Tl;dr
>Buy generic, D3, 400IU capsules at the drug store

I really like this painting.

This has to be one of the more punchable faces in existence
i just want to rip this obnoxious cunt oversized glasses off her rancid whore face

can't be bothered to do the math right now, but i am taking 1 vit d tablet at night which is 5000IU in combination with a multivitamin which says that per serving (2 tablets) is 5mcg of vit D

Am I gonna die? :/

OP here. Thanks for the info

I thought that was fine. That fucking doctor lady on Joe Rogan told me I can take 10000IU no problem

I googled it (like you should have) and 5mcg is the same as 200IU. 200+5000= 5200IU as your intake

The Upper Limit for D is hypothesized to be anywhere between 10000 international units to 40,000 international units. To put this in perspective 15 minutes of arm and face sunlight exposure in the average area will give you roughly 1,000 international units

Based off my professional opinion you would not reach vitamin D toxicity unless you had a daily intake of those supplements while being out in the sun for maximum exposure all day

i took 100k IU/day for the last 2 weeks and i feel better than ever. faggots. to catch up on defieciency you need a lot more than muh daily recommended dosis

It’s all yours friend :)

vitamin d you mong

4,000-5,000 iu is a safe dose daily. 10,000 can be used but is not recommended for more than a few months at a time.

400iu is the bare minimum to not get rickets, it is not the optimal amount just because it is the RDA.

That's because there is no established "optimum amount" you dense motherfucker. It probably took 30 years of research just to set that 400IU estimation

That was me a couple of years ago, I had a value of 12 on a scale I can't remember. I think a healthy level was like 75.
I ate 5000 x 2 every day for a couple of months and it went back up to normal, now I take smaller doses during winter and I spend more time outside.

>praise the sun
May it shine brightly on you bro.

Stop being a shit skin go back where you belong

he said optimal, not optimum

5k IU with breakfast, 5k IU with dinner. Keep that up for a month, then just take 5k IU with dinner. After a few weeks or a month get your levels tested.

Just eat mushrooms.

They're delicious, so you should be eating them anyway.

Go to cronometer and se what you are lacking throughout the week.

Are you sure? a few years ago it came out the test for measuring vit d were all fucked up. Millions were mistakenly diagnosed as deficient

vox.com/science-and-health/2017/6/20/15838152/vitamin-d-deficiency-foods-symptoms

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/11/20/246393329/how-a-vitamin-d-test-misdiagnosed-african-americans