Aha squatz are life amirite xD. so badass. did some squats today, they felt great and healthy and I love them...

aha squatz are life amirite xD. so badass. did some squats today, they felt great and healthy and I love them. did you know they release all kinds of healthy hormones and BOOST your METABOLISM, and there is NO OTHER EXERCISE THAT EVEN COMES CLOSE?
I feel sore on my legs and butt, hopefully a super healthy protein smoothie will make it all better :DD

this pic triggers me

squtz n oats fuggg xDDDD

"Researchers discover added benefits of sq...(read more)"
seriously though I cringe everytime I squat, I can't help but think about how much of a meme this exercise has become thanks to normies. they are pretty close to ruining it for me. never loved it though, might be time to switch it for the literal tens of other leg exercises which have the exact same benefits.

I like squats but only because I biked a lot in high school so I can do them well

the weird internet counterculture squat circlejerk has gone way too far

great exercise but has unfortunately become the domain of fedora lords

I don’t understand
Squats are good
All excicise is good

legit you can build god tier legs with 0 squats

Why does it have to be squats? Why is it squats that autists obsess over? Squats are such a fucking gay unsatisfying lift. (t. 3.5 plate for reps)

Why not deadlift, where you lift a huge amount of weight? Why not bench, which normies love? Why not rows, which are vital for aesthetics? Why does it have to be the most autistic lift imaginable.

some memes have a solid foundation

no one (smart) debates that. however, squats are one of the most time efficient multi-purpose exercises

counterculture

a lot of chads deadlift because it's fun and you can ego lift a lot of weight, not a lot of them squat because it's a pain in the ass

Because Veeky Forums is comprised of autists that skimmed over the sticky yet defend it religiously. there are people who actually believe ss is a good beginners routine

>weird internet counterculture squat circlejerk
this is exactly what it is.
>be neckbeard
>every aesthetics bro neglects leg because they're not that important to looking good (assuming they look normal when untrained and that you sometimes use them to walk/bike/run), and test boost is a meme
>spend whole youth muttering about how these people don't have "real world strength"
>some fatties online feed your delusion
>leg/hip training is now literally the only thing that matters, almost neglect upper body training
>at least you're not like all these dumb douches who only have gym strength hehe, dumb bench pressing bros
pathetic. calling it right now, this is going to come around. ten years from now neckbeards will shit on lower body training, then ten years after we'll be back to this. meanwhile informed people will keep defending the only sensible opinion to just train both, EMPHASIS ON UPPER BODY, there are no magical exercises.
>Squats are such a fucking gay unsatisfying lift
fucking this. the movement pattern feels so forced. squatting is what literal babies and women do. when I get through a set of squats I feel nothing. I'm just like "okay, time to get the reps in" "well, got my reps in, that sure was hard" and nothing more. when I do a deadlift variation, or unilateral work, or overhead work, now we're fucking talking. squats just have zero feeling to them. they are gay as fuck, look stupid and are unnatural.

yeah bro she squats

>Implying the SKWATZ R UR A PUZZY fatasses will still be lifting in ten years
>Implying anyone will continue on with strength training as it's become associated with injured fat big legged dorks

>sitting down is unnatural
>extending hips and legs is unnatural

>all these fags shutting on one of the big 3 lifts because "ITZ A MEEM LMAO"

The absolute state of Veeky Forums

can you do it with only leg press and DL?

im tired of waiting for a squat rack every day

claiming any combination of 3 lifts is the absolute best is a meme. so yeah "big 3" is a meme in that sense. If we get a novice to do it one day, I'm saying he'll get the exact same results from doing dips instead of bench, hack lifts, jefferson lifts or zerchers or something instead of squats and deadlifts. exact same fucking results. now I just need a guinea pig.

I just hope in the future the purpose of lifting is just enjoying it.
Like you like a movement, you want to get better at it and don't think of it in term of how functional it is or other shit like that. Could be a fucking plate flip for all I care. I wish people could stop thinking about looks & carryover to muh big 3 when they lift and just do so because they like it. Like a skill, sort of. If they want to do a routine consisting of plate flips and barbell bent presses then so be it.

squats and deadlifts are so simple that i think they may be best for a beginner as long as they get the form down

sure, you could get the same results with other exercises but simplicity is key

>I just hope in the future the purpose of lifting is just enjoying it

i doubt that will happen. you basically always have 3 types of people in the gym. the people who want to look good, people who want to post about working out on social media and people who genuinely like lifting, who are a tiny minority and usually the strongest fuckers in the gym

Fuck you bub. Squatting and bear mode used to be this entire board's thing until ironic shit posting faggots made unironic shit posting faggots feel welcome.