How retarded is a 2000 calorie cut...

How retarded is a 2000 calorie cut? Because I've been able to do it now for 2 weeks by just forcing myself to not eat and only consume 1000 calories a day. The obly thing I worried about is this starvation mode/muscle loss bullshit. Is it actually real or is it just a meme?

anorexia is not a meme

What did he mean by this

Height/weight?

starvation mode is mostly a meme, but muscle loss is definitely possible. make sure you're hitting your protein goals

are you at least working out?

You're going to lose at least a little bit of muscle on a cut no matter what you do. Just keep your protein intake up and you can minimize the damage.
That said, I've tried a super deep cut like yours before (-1500 in my case) and I did pretty good for a while but I ended up having my first ever true eating binge afterwards. Just be careful user.

Not op but in the same scenario. What did you binge on and how many cals. I'm 3 weeks in, I've lost a significant amount of weight but I'm feeling the pressure.

I am also doing this. TDEE of ~2000. I'm doing intermittent fasting, eating 500 calories at noon and at eight PM. I alternate between running one day and hiking the next. The hunger is unbearable.

Will this fuck me?

>no... I don't lift... trying to get anti-anxiety medication

You'd feel less hunger on a water fast. You'll feel hungry for a day or two then it becomes really easy.

Think about fasting evolutionarily. As hunter/gatherers and nomadic tribesmen (i.e. the majority of our species existence), if we wasted away and became weak/tired every time we went a day or two without food we would not have made it this far as a species. Your body is capable of much more than you think as long as you have the willpower.

Yeah, for sure, you might be right. But for how long would one water fast?

Depends on your goals. Check out the /fast/ threads to see what is possible. Severely obese men have done 300+ days and come out with no loose skin for example (the body will use protein from the skin).

Man. I might try it. I weighed 320 a few years ago - now am at 200. Trying to get down to 160, or even 140, then start lifting. My only fear with a water fast is that I couldn't exercise, and without that I might go insane... But thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

You should start lifting while you have the extra weight on you. You'll be able to move more weight thus build more muscle.

How tall are you? 140lbs could be underweight territory

6'0 177 15%~ and been cutting at 1.5 - 2k

skip breakfast, get enough fiber & protein and you'll be fine. refeed every saturday (4.5k, carbs) and just 1k on sunday (averages 2.7~, still deficit)

works great

2000 seems hard.

I did a cut at 2400 kcal and felt like i was dying, sometimes i had to nap otherwise i'd be grumpy and shit - But lifts didnt fall that much.

You should read Lyle McDonald Rapid Fat Loss Handbook. tl;dr almost 100% of your calories should be from protein, you should dedicate a day of the week to carbing up, and reduce workout volume by half or more.

>reducing Workout Volume to half or more
I would buy the rest but that's just bullshit. This mentality is why people lose strength on a cut and therefore also muscle, they think they do not gain anything from pushing themselves hard while that's retarded to do when you are basically getting weaker anyway

Lyle explains it better. The short term duration makes the extreme deficit sustainable, but trying to workout too much will be counterproductive.
Muscle loss shouldn't be an issue -- for lean people it's only an 11 day cut.

Calories deficit should not be under 10% - 15% of your daily caloric requirements

Stop what you are doing right now, you are burning a lot of muscle, listen to me stop it

I told you this because I made the same mistake, Boi I was stupid, I had lost all my muscle in three months with mild fat loss.
This because Fat loss is a very slow process, It can not be done in 1 month

Do not make my own mistake buddy

OP is on a 2000 deficit. Normal recovery will not be possible.