Keto

So whats the verdict Veeky Forums is keto advantageous at all to a regular balanced diet for fat loss? I've lost a little over 100 pounds and still have about 30-40ish to go and I was wondering if keto would speed the process up at all.

Every time i see stories about people losing a shit load of weight fast it seems they're on keto or at least some sort of carb restriction.

My only real concern with keto is losing strength in the gym. Can anyone comment on this or speak from experience?

I'm considering jumping into keto and doing IF with it for maximum fat loss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dfodzth0EUs&t
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1323825
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1780496/pdf/calwestmed00501-0006.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/pdf/83-6691152a.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3628202
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7144835
lmgtfy.com/?q=define fad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

keto is only barely tolerable if you have poor appetite control

terrible all around for your health across all markers(cholesterol, blood pressure, cancer risk, diabetes, etc.)

how keto works is it just basically kills your appetite because muh ketones giving me slow and consistent energy, you can achieve the same appetite control without needing to fuck up your cardiovascular health by fasting or induce artificial ketosis by ingesting ketone pills btw

forgot to add that because of low appetite, people just eat less, so keto fags conclude that high fat foods are good when in reality they are just eating less calories, but you can eat less calories on ANY diet and lose weight, this is just basic caloric restriction, has nothing to do with any special properties of ketones

interesting, maybe i'll just do IF and a balanced diet and see how that works for me. Guess theres no sense damaging my long term health for fat loss i've already been achieving without keto.

keto
>cut weight without being hungry
>consume lots of green veg
>better mood
>more energy
>slight decrease in work capacity lifting
>helps my schizo
seems to work much better than high carb for me

i eat a ton of vegetables too and i don't have any mood problems

in fact I eat both high carb(45%) and high fat(45%) and I'm in perfect health

maybe the vegetables are what's helping you and not the fat?

i dont know

as effective as placebo

7 replies, 4 posters

2 faggots.

extremely retarded

Just fast instead you faggot

he actually raises some good points

>I'm considering jumping into keto and doing IF with it for maximum fat loss
do full keto for 2 months and see how it goes. after that you may think about prolonged fasting (generally no longer then 48hrs)

>keto is only barely tolerable if you have poor appetite control
so if you have a good appetite control then it is not even barely tolerable? this shit you just wrote makes no sense. I'm not even going to comment the rest of the idiocy that came after that

>people just eat less, so keto fags conclude that high fat foods are good
you eat less because you consume your fat for energy, and not external sources of nutrition. doesn't that make sence? there is a limit to that tho.

>consume lots of green veg
not necessary

>maybe the vegetables are what's helping you and not the fat?
what about people that eat close to no vegetables on keta (eg. me). how are the veggies helping me and not the fat?

>Just fast instead you faggot
jumping from high carb diet directly to starvation ketosis feels like real shit. been there - done that

I'm sure you're a beacon of health my dude .
Keep shoveling the cheese & meat down your goiter

barely tolerable in that there is absolutely no reason to go keto if you have any form of self restraint when it comes to eating

yeah but it doesn't mean it's healthy, you can induce the exact same effect by fasting, so why resort to dousing everything in oil and eating mostly meat and increase your chance of all-cause mortality when you can do something that is way easier on your health

what are you eating on keto specifically then? and what diet did you transition from? this is crucial since most keto dieters come from a shitty standard american diet and literally almost any diet is a massive improvement from that so you might feel better, but you are not at all close to optimal health

>you eat less because you consume your fat for energy, and not external sources of nutrition

What the fuck?

You use your body fat as energy if you don't eat enough calories. Otherwise you're using your food for energy. You think on keto your body can't digest anything you eat and it just passes right through you?

>restraint when it comes to eating
not really working for most of the population is it? it's like telling priests not to fuck. hunger is a hormonal responce that our brain interprets as full or hungry.

>you can induce the exact same effect by fasting
yes, but you feel like real shit at the beginning and then you get into ketosis (personally i prefer nutritional vs starvational ketosis)

>You use your body fat as energy if you don't eat enough calories
only if you can access them. how come fat people are hungry even tho they have all those calories on them? why do they still feel the need to eat? hunger is not a free will thing, just like breathing.

>You think on keto your body can't digest anything you eat and it just passes right through you?
nobody said that, and that would make no sense. you just have no way to gain new fat tissue on keto. without enough glycogen you are physically unable to trap fatty acids in fat cells. your body generally wastes what it can (salts, some range of ketones, old tissues to some extent, etc - as a chemical reaction it costs energy), tries to make you move more or down regulates the food intake. what doesn't make sense to you?

Eat 700 extra calories of oil a day on keto my dude, don't worry you won't gain an extra kilo every seven days .
How people can be this dumb ? The fatty acids profil of adipose is the best way to know the diet of someone , the fat you eat IS the fat you store in case of excess energy intake , and storage / usage is mostly related by total available dietary energy rather than carbs intake.

>only if you can access them.
You can access them.
>how come fat people are hungry even tho they have all those calories on them?
The instinct of self preservation left over from when accumulating body fat was a survival advantage, as well as the requirement for other nutrients found in food which are usually dilute in the foods fat people binge on.
> you just have no way to gain new fat tissue on keto
Eat 500 more calories each day than you expend, you will gain new fat tissue.

Keto is dumb. Essentially "I want to eat like shit and still lose weight".

Just count calories. It's not that hard.

>Eat 700 extra calories of oil
extra? oil? not extra bout instead of carbs and some proteins and rather fat then oil because it implies vegetable oiles too. and here is a picter for you (hope not to complicated - there is nothing about calories there, only chemistry, how come?)

>You can access them.
so why don't fat people access them? they have all those calories to access, and yet they feel hungry and eat?

>Eat 500 more calories each day than you expend, you will gain new fat tissue.
I eat about 3000-4000kkcal per day and lose weight even without any lifting, how come?

>Just count calories. It's not that hard.
doesn't work in the long run, but you can get very good at counting tho.

yeah and it's like telling the average person to not eat carbs, completely irrelevant since this is relative to people who actually want to change their life around and are trying to practice some self restraint. you feel shit either way when you change your diet initially so the average shit stain is not applicable here

same thing as the last sentence except fasting doesn't ruin your health, no reason to go under nutritional ketosis, losing weight over increasing risk of every single cause of mortality is not worth it when there are better options

>hurr counting calories doesn't work

Alright enjoy your heart attack fatty

And when in an energy balance or deficit and glycogen store aren't full , any form of sugar will never turn to fat .
youtube.com/watch?v=Dfodzth0EUs&t
Here fucking retard, you're full of shit and probably losing tons of muscle daily with your shity diet

"and lose weight even without any lifting"
Oh shit , you're just a fucking inactive fat fuck with a TDEE of probably 4500 .

Waddle on and shovel the bacon down my future flying squirrel

proof that you eat 3-4k kcal?

give a full list and the proper measurements of what you eat since it's very easy to bullshit how many calories you eat

Most ketard ends up doing near permanent starvation diet with less than 2000 Kcals a day and don't even notice it , most of them permanently fuck up their metabolism that way , and kinda become unable to properly use carbs after , basically almost all long duration ketard develop diabete , they always need to reduce more & more the carbs they eat , and some even ends up cutting out fiber since they're carbs too ( just yield less glucose )

>And when in an energy balance or deficit and glycogen store aren't full , any form of sugar will never turn to fat .
that's not true.
if you're experiencing stress or your hormones are bad, you can still lose muscle and gain fat on calorie maintenance or deficit.

>Here's how insulin shuts down fat burning, and why it doesn't matter for weight loss.
statement itself makes no sense, does it?. he IS actually speaking about the cell and it's mitochondrial energy needs that will not be shut down by insulin. meaning that cell can operate even if there is insulin present that "moves" the "fats" to fat tissues. this does not address accumulation of fat and new fat tissues it only says that it is indeed possible for cells to burn "calories" even if the main mode of your body is to store them. wasted 16 minutes of my life. have you even watched what you post, or just googled really fast for something that may support your view? some people are actually science literate, bro

It just means that no matter your fucking macro breakdown , if your TDEE is 2500 and you eat 2000 Kcals of PURE WHITE SUGAR , you won't store fat, you'll burn fat no matter how much you want to use the insulin boogeyman argument .

You can do keto if you want to become a girls op , it's the best way to shift Testosterone into Estrogen , will help prevent baldness and may help you get bigger breasts , even on male , it's almost FREE HRT , but it increase your heard disease risk & make your cum taste fool .

>so why don't fat people access them?

Because they eat more calories than they need.

>give a full list and the proper measurements
daily (about two meals + snack):
30-90g butter (depends how many coffees I drink)
3 hard boiled eggs
125g of fried beacon strips
about 50-100g pistachios or peanuts
50-100g steamed broccoli with butter and salt
125-150g beef steak or chicken/turkey breasts, legs, wings or fired chicken liver
somewhere around 50g of gouda cheese
about 50-75g of dried sausage or some beef jerky (but then it's less like 3-4 strips)
I might drink a glass of 3,5% fat milk (but not always)
(everything fried is fried with lard or clarified butter)

main course changes obviously, but this is what I typically eat

I am asking why are fat people not accessing their fat stores and eating more then they need, and you answered:
>Because they eat more calories than they need.
your mother must be proud

>keto if you want to become a girls op , it's the best way to shift Testosterone into Estrogen
proof? ever hear of phytoestrogens? (phyto-plant)... good louck growing your boobs from all the soy and wheat

>make your cum taste fool .
I am glad you have tasted it so we don;t have to, faggot

My gf told me it was becoming disgusting so I stoped Keto , also made the gyno I got from it disapear in 2 week , she started it recently and is almost up 3 cm breast size , but now her breath taste like rotten shit .

>but now her breath taste like rotten shit .
it's really hard to hear this about your mom

I've been doing keto for almost 2 months now. Lost about 4kg. I've had some mood swings at the beggining because of the lack of sugar, but they went away. I don't notice much of a difference in my endurance to be honest, so it works fine for me. How it basically works is because you're not eating carbs anymore your insulin stays low, and that stops you from putting weight on you. And because the body can't burn carbs for fuel it uses body fat. I don't know if it's safe for the long term, but i haven't died yet. What i'm certainly going to keep from it is not eating sugar, fruits are as sweet as chocolate when you didn't use it for a long time

lol compared to mammalian estrogen found in meat which is way more abundant and directly bioavailable for humans? fucking ketards

People who follow keto are always super aggressive online but very docile & quiet In real life, they almost acknowledge it's BS when in front of you , and they're always fatties / chubster too , I think it's repressed anger against society , they believe in some sort of keto-conspiracy theory where the carbs is evil to try to distance themselves from other

>mammalian estrogen
you mean the one that has not evolved as a countermeasure to being eaten to a normally occurring levels of estrogen in meat (that our bodies are more bio-compatible with and have better ways of dealing with higher levels of them? oh and by the way per gram/pound plants have more phytoestrogens then meats have estrogens (you are assuming and not basing your opinion on knowledge). so are you compering those two?

>People who follow keto are always super aggressive online
I hope I don;t come across as overly aggressive

>almost acknowledge it's BS when in front of you
yeah, nice troll. but I truly doubt that. everyone I have convinced to try it and stayed on it for at least 2 months was happy with the results, and most of them started doing keto from time to time all for them self's.

>I don't know if it's safe for the long term
ask the Inuit

Keto for 4 months lul retard

Keto is worthless and unhealthy you fat fuck.
Just eat healthy.
For 2 months i ate once a day either 6 scrbled eggs with a bowl salad or 3 chicken breasts with a bowl of salad.
The salad had nothing besides veggies and i never used oil with my eggs.
Combined with calisthenics i lost 10kgs in 2 months

That doesn't say much if your're young kiddo.

Actually it's good for every health condition you mentioned

>For 2 months i ate once a day either 6 scrbled eggs with a bowl salad or 3 chicken breasts with a bowl of salad.
sorry to tell you but most of you body weight was not due to calisthenics or what ever but from the energy needed to metabolize high amounts of protein to shit your body can actually use. chemical processes require more energy then physical movement. but it was not keto.

>76 BPM
>NORMAL
I hope you're 40+

you're forgetting one thing, how does the body deal with excess levels of estrogen in the first place? it is actually excreted through the bile, and normally when someone eats a well balanced diet, they will have fiber to bind right onto the excreted estrogen, rendering it inert and letting it just pass out as shit

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1323825

however with inadequate fiber, this estrogen in the bile is actually reabsorbed through the small intestine, and this process is called enterohepatic circulation

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1780496/pdf/calwestmed00501-0006.pdf

so not only is mammalian estrogen more readily absorbed, especially on a keto diet where certain idiots aren't eating much fiber at all, your body is literally regurgitating all that estrogen and over time it builds up

at least when you eat soy or any other type of plant protein, it has fiber along with it to negate some of the estrogenic effects the phytoestrogens have, meat doesn't, and this may explain why this study showed that vegans have higher bound testosterone than meat eaters ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/pdf/83-6691152a.pdf

>I hope you're 40+
are you fucking kidding me? normal resting heart rate is 60-100BPM. you can go lower then 60 if you are very athletic. he has 76... how is that not normal? do you even have a basic knowledge about human body? so what is the perfest heart rate in your opinion?

anything past 70 is "normal" american range dude

Just diet & healthy weight without exercise should carry you to 60-65 HR under 40 years old

seriously this doesn't tell the full story, you could just be not eating any salty foods, show cholesterol levels instead

2 more studies i just dug up
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3628202
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7144835

thanks dude didn't know that , is it why every ketards seems to be doing well in his second-third week but then slowly transform into a moody bitch ?

np man, this type of stuff isn't really known outside of biology majors and people who actually want to know how the body works instead of spouting ketard memes

like i bet none of the ketards here have ever heard of what dietary thermogenesis is either which is actually crucial in proving ketosis garbage wrong

Can you give me more anti-keto pill ?
I'm digging the gallbladder & bile acid wiki page right now .

>bile
bile's general purpose is so the fats can dissolve in water (stomach acids). read the fucking thing. the first sentence says: "The bile acid binding to indigestible fiber has a significance on bile acids excretion" meaning you will create MORE bile if you eat fiber so it can be discarded in poop. fiber is there to prevent you from digesting plants. so it is a study about protective role of bile not the "inadequate levels of it". there are NO ADEQUATE levels for consuming fiber (at least for humans) so there is very limited need to eat it. by eating a lot of fiber you basically use up your bile for dealing with fiber and then the second paper (last page) says that the bile helps to get rid of exoestrogens. THINK! if you use your bile for fiber (fiber is a micro sponge generally) you won't have enough to take care of other things (eg. exohormones)....... another fucking google-me-scientist that doesn't understand scientific papers

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/pdf/83-6691152a.pdf
Summary Mean serum insulin-like growth factor-I was 9% lower in 233 vegan men than in 226 meat-eaters and 237 vegetarians (P = 0.002).
Vegans had higher testosterone levels than vegetarians and meat-eaters, but this was offset by higher sex hormone binding globulin, and
there were __no_differences_between_diet_groups___ in free testosterone, androstanediol glucuronide or luteinizing hormone. © 2000 Cancer
Research Campaign ... you didn't even read it!!! not even proving your point. TOPKEK illiterate faggot!

This thread is full of fucking retards. He’s obviously eating a TON of salt if he is doing keto, and lots of it. It’s a requirement. You need to upbyour electrolytes hard on keto or you feel like shit.

Doctors prescribe keto to type 1 diabetics, people with high BP, and many other things.

I hate when people don’t research shit and spew bs like they know what they’re talking about.

157/97 BP reporting in. Been doing keto for 1 month, ordered by doctor, BP is now 96/67 and I eat a TON of salt.

>show cholesterol levels instead
good point. but I can assure you that after 4 months of keto they are golden (or should be, with exception of TG, which may go down slow sometimes)

>thanks dude didn't know that
just read the studies and not the shit he posted ;)

>isn't really known outside of biology majors
oh come on... you a biology major now? doubt it since you can't even understand the studies you provide.... maybe you flunked out?

>dietary thermogenesis
there is no such thing as DIATARY THERMOGENESIS mr biology major. there is only thermogenesis. maybe you were thinking about DIET INDUCED THERMOGENESIS. either way has little to do with keto, mr biology major lying faggot. eat a chilli pepper and you will experience DIT first hand.... retard

Nutritionfag here, keto is a legitimate strategy. Kind of the nuclear option in terms of restrictiveness, but it works great for a lot of people. Shows a lot of promise for general mood as well, people with low level mood disorders should try keto before they try pills imo.

wow lol talk about not understanding basic english

"The bile acid binding to indigestible fiber has a significance on bile acids excretion"

bile acids excretion = literally shitting it out, you should maybe look at the infographic i posted that goes into detail? ~5% on average gets literally shitted out and this number can decrease/increase based on how much fiber you have to bind onto bile

even if it produces more bile in response, that's actually a good thing, you retain normal function and you also excrete more estrogen because the estrogen comes out WITH the bile

the more bile that you shit out and the less that gets reabsorbed, the less estrogen you reuptake as estrogen is excreted WITH the bile

also i have absolutely no clue what you're talking about the "protective role of bile", i only posted that study to prove that it's even possible for fiber to bind onto bile

and you didn't read again, I said vegans had higher bound testosterone which isn't fucking wrong, free testosterone isn't being actively used but bound testosterone is, maybe because of the fact that vegans consume less estrogen and therefore don't suffer from decreased testosterone levels as a result?

>Doctors prescribe keto to type 1 diabetics
(those born with it?) now this is the most idiotic thing i have read here so far. if you have type1 keto can kill you. type2 is another story.

For fat loss? Unecessary.
For people with specific metabolic disorders?
There are better options.
For anything besides body recomposition? Literally inferior in every possible metric and scenario.
There are no natty powerlifters who use a ketogenic diet competitively.
There are no natty weightlifters who use a ketogenic diet competitively.
There are almost no natural bodybuilders who bulk up or even diet down with ketogenic diets competitively.

Basically, it's a diet for fat people who are looking for an easy way out.
High protein sparing modified fast is massively superior to a high fat ketogenic diet for fat people though.

golden in terms of what? i guarantee no ketard in this thread can beat my cholesterol numbers

never said I was a biology major, learn to READ

dietary thermogenesis and diet induced thermogenesis literally mean the same thing retard

Ever heard of phytosteroids you dumb fuck? The literal compounds from which pretty much all anabolic hormones are synthesized from from mere test to full blown tren.

>for anything besides body recomposition
>for anything other than most posters' primary concern on this board
>a highly restrictive diet is an easy way out

You sound like a jilted lover, user. What did keto do to you?

Increasing salt intake won't save you from brain fog, constant headaches and flu and inferior performance.
Most people call this the "keto high" or "ketone high", but in all actuality it's just brainfog. And keto flu or headaches are common for people who don't plan carbloads.

Why do people need carbloads? Becuse keto diets are retarded.

>bile acids excretion
oh dear. soooo.. if I get a virus and my body temperature rises. this is a good thing. yes. but it is a response to a stressor nevertheless and this makes the whole situation less desirable. and many things are reabsorbed in the lower intestine, bile cholesterol. the whole idea of fiber is that it binds to many things (vitamins, fats, minerals, hormones). don't really understand what is your point here?

>fat mans easy way out
You talk like this is bad. The diet is for fat people and you talk like it's bad for fat people to go on it cause they loose too much fat. Fucking kill yourself

Eating bacon and eggs with butter all over is technically being restrictive, but it does not fix obesity. It just gives you a severe lack of a healthy relationship with food.

You misunderstood me.
I mean fat people hog on keto diets because they look for any sort of fad diet for an easy way out of obesity, but that does not mean keto is an easy way out.

Sry I meant type 2

Lol I suffered from brain fog AND chronic headaches (getting a brain MRI next week just to be safe) and both have disappeared since being on keto.

So long as you have a rediculous amount of electrolytes, you don’t not have any negative effects.

That's a nice anecdote but I have literally gone through 3 months on a ketogenic diet eating nothing but salmon, cod, beef and eggs and taking a multi vitamin and I started to get brainfog, then flu, then headaches every other day.
After the second month I just started adding carbload days once a week, felt better but still worse than pre keto.
Decided to just quit keto and started feeling normal, with one exception, months on a keto diet destroyed by gut bacteria.

It's a shit meme diet pushed by retards online.
I had to go to my physician in order to ask for help to fix my gut.

can you name what negative effects from the liver creating a little more bile would be? just because it's a response to a stressor does not mean it will be significant at all as it could just be as simple as utilizing slightly more amino acids to create more bile

and the major difference between increased temperature and something like bile acid creation is that increased temperature disrupts the entire body because it drags the body out of its optimal temperature for homeostasis but bile acid is only specific to the liver so I don't think it's at all comparable

I'm able to eat plenty of vegetables on a cut on keto. Although my keto diet is cleaner than others I've seen on here..

>fad diet
not a fad if it works and has been here for many years (since , like, ever) - I guess this break the definition of a fad. vegetarianism or veganism _might_ be a fad as they were newer so widely spread in our societies/populations (which actually should help to prove the point that we are more biologically adapted to eating meat then not eating it (keto aside))

>brain fog
brain fog is from lack of energy your brain requires. even if you eat all the vitamins, salts/minerals you will still get brainfog for some time, as your brain tries to compete for glucose. the more keto adaptations you do the shorter it gets and it gets easier to get into full ketosis (no studies just personal observation)

>3 months on a ketogenic diet eating nothing but salmon, cod, beef and eggs and taking a multi vitamin and I started to get brainfog
now THIS is a nice anecdote

>months on a keto diet destroyed by gut bacteria.
how can you tell? huh?

Nice anecdote but the “keto flu” is common and the solution isn’t simply upping your electrolytes. I had it as well and as soon as I focused on them I was completely fine.

I didn't say it was because of keto, i probably ate too many veggies to go into keto. It was because i ate under maintenance and worked out hard.
It wasn't because of protein synthesis because i actually platued after i lost it because i was now eating at maintenance and not deficit

Btw I’m talking like REALLY upping them. Like 6Kmg of sodium, 3,500 potassium, 500 magnesium, spread throuout the entire day. A multivitamin will never get you that.

i've actually tried keto too but i ate a ton of salad and took omega 3 supplements which probably offset the brainfog i would have gotten

one thing that did change though regardless of my salad eating is that I'd get chest pain, and it was pretty scary since I wasn't even fat, and it turns out the problem was that this shitty diet shot my cholesterol all the way up, once i switched to a balanced whole foods diet, my cholesterol dropped significantly and the chest pain was pretty much gone

so yeah fuck this shitty scam diet, this will only kill people in the long run

>protein synthesis
nope... sorry,,, you ate about 150-200g of protein per day. your liver worked hard to metabolize it (into sugars mostly) that took a lot of energy. this is why you lost weight. lifting doesn't burn all that much energy it mostly stimulates muscle growth (which will need more energy to sustain).

>how can you tell? huh?

Because I could no longer handle foods with any noticeable ammount of insoluble fiber or legumes in general.
Literal instant diarrhea even after months of eating these same foods, so no adaptation could possibly fix this. Had to take probiotics.

>not a fad if it works and has been here for many years

No, the high fat ketogenic diet is a fad.
Diets that leave you in a state of ketosis aren't fads, but high fat ketogenic diet is a fad and is being pushed tremendously the past few years as some sort of magic pill to increase "virility" or improve body composition which for some reason appearently cannot be achieved with any other type of diet.

yeah fuck I had diarrhea too pretty much everyday, never had a single solid shit until I got out of the diet, and I actually went keto for an entire year

thankfully symptoms weren't bad enough to the point I needed to take probiotics

>Like 6Kmg of sodium, 3,500 potassium, 500 magnesium
you can go 6kmg of salt, but the amount of potasium and magnesium might be an overkill. you get that shit from food anyways.

I don't understand why people think keto is just le Reddit bacon meme. It works best with plenty of fibrous vegetables as filler, that's how you keep up your potassium and magnesium too. I never get less than 30g fiber when I do keto.

As far as probiotics go there's no reason you can't regularly include some yogurt. It doesn't take much to keep your gut happy.

That was taken right after working out fuckass. My respond BPM is around 45-50

Resting*
Also this is what most meals are like, usually red meat and eggs instead of shrimp but I felt a lil fancy. Turmeric, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and parmesan added

>Because I could no longer handle foods with any noticeable ammount of insoluble fiber or legumes in general.
inability to digest legumes and other fiber sources does not implicate that this has changed your gut biome. same as not being tolerant to gluten/gliadin does not mean a change in gut biome.

>high fat ketogenic diet is a fad
lmgtfy.com/?q=define fad

>Diets that leave you in a state of ketosis
soooooooooooo ... high fat diets?

>for some reason appearently cannot be achieved with any other type of diet
let me be clear: nobody is actually implying that. keto appears to be the most optimal way to fuel your body in terms of it's physiological strain. there is a optimal way... yes. there are other areas that you accept "optimal ways" - most optimal way of running for humans is by using only back/lower legs to run (even though theoretical energy output from 4 "legs" vs 2 would be grater). BUT that alone does not render other diets invalid. they might be less optimal, yes. you are free to choose what ever you want.

>
>>Diets that leave you in a state of ketosis
>soooooooooooo ... high fat diets?
pardon .... HFLC diets

>diets that leave you in a state of ketosis are high fat exclusively
Are you literally retarded or merely pretending?
Do you know what protein sparing modified fasts are? or what fasting is or what it does to your blood ketones? Do you know what happens when you wake up from bed and take a look at your blood ketones?

>let me be clear: nobody is actually implying that keto is superior to any other diet
Except ketoniggers in this this very thread and everywhere online when the subject of high fat or ketogenic diets comes up.
If they didn't claim it was superior for body composition or health do you think anyone would fall for this shit and actually follow a ketogenic high fat diet?

Ketogenic diets are not optimal for anything, period. It is not optimal for survival or to even thrive in, there has never been any research showing the opposite that controls for overall calories and protein/micro nutrient intake.
People with T1 diabetes are treated with diets that are high in carbs, people with T2 diabetes are CURED with high carb diets.
The only possible use for a high fat low carb diet is for rare neurological disorders.

No single population on earth has ever been found in a state of ketosis or in a ketogenic diet EVER outside of extreme famine, not even artic peoples.

High fat ketogenic diets are a fad, the memesters spreading this fad are all working doubletime.
Most famous of which is "doctor" Eric Berg the quack fake medical doctor who literally sells wheat "grass" as the only type of wheat that is healthy.
The ketonigger Brandon campbell ex drug dealer and roidfag.
Joe Rogan(enough said).
Etc.

nice toes
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>inability to digest legumes and other fiber sources does not implicate that this has changed your gut biome. same as not being tolerant to gluten/gliadin does not mean a change in gut biome.

Then whhy did my situation improve once I started using probiotics?
Was my physician wrong in recommending it?

>people with T2 diabetes are CURED with high carb diets.
speechless - I'm fucking out