Are beans Veeky Forums approved?

Are beans Veeky Forums approved?

Beans: yes
Beans soaked in a bowl of shit: no

yes they are actually the best protein source

they have fiber and antioxidants which meat does not have and their protein bioavailability is pretty much equivalent

>beef, tomato, onion, garlic, chillies
>shit

idiot

>yes they are actually the best protein source
stop lying

lol so beans don't actually have fiber and antioxidants and meat is the one that does? meatlets getting triggered lmao

BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPP

if only i knew how to make these fuckers taste good i would eat them every day

Nope, they'll fuck up your gut real quick. High in fodmaps.

it's the staple on the diet that the ancient greeks and romans ate. so yes.

maybe you should eat more fiber idiot, maybe then just a can of beans won't shit on your entire gut and make you sit on the toilet all day

>Nope, they'll fuck up your gut real quick

what fucks up your guts are food combinations due to the require acidic levels and enzymes require

you shouldn't mix starches with meat, so no potato or rice with your chicken
you shouldn't mix proteins too

meanwhile, you can mix beans with everything

this

yesterday I had a huge amount of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots yet had no problems
just took a shit now after my coffee and feel amazing

beans for bulking

>acts like a bean expert
>doesn’t realize beans are packed with fiber

>you shouldn't mix starches with meat, so no potato or rice with your chicken
you shouldn't mix proteins too
heuheuheuheuheuheu

yeah that's the thing, when you've been eating chronically low fiber, you have to work your way up slowly, and going straight to beans is a bad way of doing this as beans have significantly more fiber than most fruits and vegetables

they also have a few types of saccharides which are indigestible, but it's not usually a problem when the gut is acclimated to eating high fiber foods

>when you've been eating chronically low fiber, you have to work your way up slowly
yfw i started eating fuckload of oats outta nowhere and i felt bloated for 2 weeks

I heard they are good for your heart bit the more you eat the more you fart.

Is this accurate?

>the more you fart.
only in the beginning

its like 'protein farts' after a while your body adapts and it goes away

beans are like 3 parts carb 1 part protein.

that's probably what he's referring to.

How many times am I going to see this stupid meme
Beans have twice as much carbs as protein. Add the fact that the protein there has shit bioavailability, and they're basically a glorified carb source.

Mine have never went away senpai

Beans are basically THE Veeky Forums food to eat when cutting.
>Great protein % per calories, about 30%
>Filling as fuck due to fiber and slow digesting carbs
>Full of iron, zinc, vitamins, antioxidants and other good shit
>Keep you regular and clean (especially if you cut out animal products, your shits become 1 or 2 wipers at worst and are over in 1 minute
Beans are best
Splitting hair but the ratio is closer to 2:1

>Beans have twice as much carbs as protein.
And that's bad because...?
>Add the fact that the protein there has shit bioavailability
Lol, no, that's a lie
>and they're basically a glorified carb source.
Your body is a glorified entropy increasing machine but you aren't killing yourself, what's your point

i mean google different beans you'll find they're nearly all 3:1.

an average can of beans is 30 carbs to 10 protein

ye its pathetic i know that off the top of my head

i can think of atleast 5 brands this is true for.

The kidney beans I have right now in my cupboard are 8 g protein per 108 calories, that's about 1:2.28

Fiber actually makes protein less bioavailable.

>Lol, no, that's a lie

It isn't, beans are comparable to wheat protein in quality, and wheat is quite possibly the most demonized source of protein there is.
Wheat is MORE BIOAVAILABLE THAN BEAN PROTEIN.
Beans are also loaded with anti nutrients that DO impact protein absorption, not to mention the huge ammount of fiber that makes it even worse.

Yes
Black beans are the best

no they contain antinutrients and are poisonous to humans. You would literally die if you didnt soak and cook them

Red beans cooked with andouille sausage and then topped over white rice is my favorite meal. Serve with a crusty baguette.

You're arguing with the retarded "muh vegan" troll who has been baiting Veeky Forums for like a month now. Stop giving him attention.

Repeating the same point and adding capital letters doesn't make you any less wrong
Source or fuck off

They make me want to scream

user, I can post an infograph too. Post a peer reviewed study or even better a meta analysis or fuck off
>biological value
Based on what? MPS? Nitrogen balance? AA ratios? EAA ratios?
Jesus

Look up any "peer reviewd study" on protein bioavailability then, it's no secret beans are comparable to wheat gluten or whole wheat protein.

>Based on what

Do you know what protein biovailability is?

>
>The kidney beans I have right now in my cupboard are 8 g protein per 108 calories, that's about 1:2.28
Raw chicken breast is 20g protein for 124 calories (or 100gram)

>You would literally die if you didnt ....cook them

So does meat.

Yes, and? If you are trying to eat 80% of your calories in protein, it's useful. Beans are 30% protein, which is still higher than the 20% you need.
Do you?
From where you pulled that picture:
>Factors that affect BV[edit]
...Factors which affect BV can be grouped into properties of the protein source and properties of the species or individual consuming the protein.
>Properties of the protein source[edit]
Three major properties of a protein source affect its BV:
-Amino acid composition, and the limiting amino acid, which is usually lysine
-Preparation (cooking)
-Vitamin and mineral content
Amino acid composition is the principal effect. All proteins are made up of combinations of the 21 biological amino acids. Some of these can be synthesised or converted in the body, whereas others cannot and must be ingested in the diet. These are known as essential amino acids (EAAs) of which there are 9 in humans....
EAAs missing from the diet prevent the synthesis of proteins that require them. If a protein source is missing critical EAAs, then its biological value will be low as the missing EAAs form a bottleneck in protein synthesis. For example, if a hypothetical muscle protein requires phenylalanine (an essential amino acid), then this must be provided in the diet for the muscle protein to be produced. If the current protein source in the diet has no phenylalanine in it the muscle protein cannot be produced, giving a low usability and BV of the protein source.
In a related way if amino acids are missing from the protein source which are particularly slow or energy consuming to synthesise this can result in a low BV.
The exclusion of digestibility is a point of misunderstanding and leads to misrepresentation of the meaning of a high or low BV
>Advantages and disadvantages[edit]
BV ... is not a test designed to evaluate the usability of proteins whilst an organism is in everyday life...

TLDR NAME ONE EAA YOU CAN'T GET AS A VEGAN

>Beans soaked in a bowl of shit: no
Dumbass

Dude I am vegan you don't need to lecture me on essential amino acids on beans lmao.
I use seitan for my protein, since seitan(wheat gluten) in every single infograph I can find shows as superior to beans in terms of nitrogen balance upkeep.

>>You would literally die if you didnt ....cook them
>So does meat.

:thinking:

I love making chili esp with this cold weather.

I use a 13 bean mix black beans,kidney beans,etc
Onions
Peppers
Tomatoes
Spices like 12 diff kinds
Lean ground beef or turkey
Chorizo
When I calculated the serving size and everything it came out to around 230 calories with 29 grams of protein and 23 grams of carbs with 10 being fiber.I eat it all the time on keto

Thinking about thos beans

In that case you should understand that a low BV due to a missing EAA is a non-issue if you eat multiple sources, getting all the missing EAAs
Gluten is low in lysine, high in methionine
Legumes are high in lysine, low in methionine
Eat both, and the collective BV increases.
That's why the BV is dumb. It assumes that you only eat that one food item in a vacuum. Eat lots of different sources of protein and there's no disadvantage

Beans, lentils, chickpeas, all great.

Can we stop with the brap posting please?

steak tartare that I had yesterday proves you wrong

in general, the more you eat the more you fart.

My guy

>20%
leave

A 200ish lb guy with 12%ish bodyfat needs 140ish grams of protein with the 0.8g/lb lbm rule, that's about 550kcal. The same guy maintains at 3000kcal, that's 17%. Eat some more protein to be safe, 20%. Any more is (((whey))) propaganda