Vegan General

Reasons to be vegan

- Vegan diet healthy for all stages of life

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

- Vegan B12 in traditional fermented foods & seaweed e.g. tempeh, kimchi etc.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC242746/ - Tempeh

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3062981/ - Traditional Korean fermented foods provide adequate B12

- Loads vegan products fortified with B12 (produced without the use of animals)

godairyfree.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/So-Delicious-Dairy-Free-Cashew-Milk-Nutrition-Facts.jpg - Cashew Milk

static.openfoodfacts.org/images/products/319/817/200/0120/nutrition_fr.8.full.jpg - Corn Flakes

- USDA 40% of US population flirting with B12 deficiency due to modern farming

ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2000/b12-deficiency-may-be-more-widespread-than-thought/

- Processed meattrash lowers sperm count

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk is addictive

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you prostate cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

- Milk gives you acne

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/

- Eggs increase cancer risk even when adjusted for intakes of macronutrients or for other food groups

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x-q3bEuBUuU
washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/11/italian-baby-fed-vegan-diet-hospitalized-for-malnutrition/?utm_term=.9397c8213fed
google.com/searchurl/rr.html#app=com.dailymail.online&pingbase=https://www.google.com/&url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3122303/Move-Lassie-IQ-tests-reveal-pigs-outsmart-dogs-chimpanzees.html
youtu.be/SFCAcQxmYDI?t=51
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody wants to go to your shitty website guy, stop advertising it with your poorly drawn comics filled with logical fallacies and false equivalences, you'll get over the phase sooner or later

Holy shit, whoever made this edit has to be extremely stupid

Is it stupid to be vegan in cutting season and a shitlord when I'm bulking? I don't really care about animals but being vegan is really good for lowering my calorie intake.

The less animal products you eat, the better for everyone
Just fyi vegan is better when bulking, not cutting. When bulking, you can hit your protein with pb and pasta. When cutting, if you want to hit your protein goals you have to restrict yourself to legumes, tofu, tempeh, mock meats and greens
>for example coup de grace
>right after unnecessary
retard
>this terrible formatting
kys

Vote yes on proposition 1231
youtu.be/x-q3bEuBUuU

cant wait to eat some meat for din dins tomorrow!

funny thing is that now you guys start vegan threads trying to convince people to be vegan instead of talking about vegan stuff like recipes and macros and shit

stop getting people sick by convincing them not to eat food containing essential nutrients.

this one raw food chick forced her retarded bullshit on her children, and her son had impaired growth.
manlet for life because your mom is an idiot.
veganism should be illegal.

Oh please tell me the nutrients you cannot get on a vegan diet.

Being a meatcuck should be illegal. You are destroying the environment and forcing people to live in poverty for your rearded rotten corpses. Fuck off and die.

and that the reason they should be banned and fuck of to they never talk about fit related stuff.
so report every thread,

this is what nutritional deprivation due to veganism looks like, boys.

this is what the typical meatcuck's body looks like, boys

>stop getting people sick by convincing them not to eat food containing essential nutrients.
Nobody is saying that.
>this one raw food chick forced her retarded bullshit on her children, and her son had impaired growth.
I'm just going to point out that you admit it's an n=1 anecdote, and that no vegan who lifts will tell you to eat raw only.
Beans are boss.
>manlet for life because your mom is an idiot.
My point exactly. Manlet because your mom is an idiot. Not because you don't eat meat. There is absolutely no nutrient that exists in meat but not in plants. And before anyone says something stupid like B12, Google "vegan source of X" first.
>veganism should be illegal.
Compassion towards innocent sentient beings should be illegal? What?

>There is absolutely no nutrient that exists in meat but not in plants.
There is absolutely no way you can know that.
The knowledge simply isn't there yet.

>The knowledge simply isn't there yet.
What

we don't know all nutrients in food.
there could be a ton of stuff in meat, or in vegetables, or whatever, that plays a big role in keeping us healthy that we just dont know about.
that's part of the reason why elimination diets are dangerous.

>like there are no manlets that are eating meat...
What you wrote is just stupid.
Yeah, there are manlets vegan Babys, there are manlets omnivore Babys, vegans Babys die, omnivore Babys die... Its not because of what they eat faggot.

Just look at the strongest land animals.

>Ox
>Bull Elephant
>Rhino

All exist on plants alone. That's all the proof I need that there are enough nutrients and proteins in plant material to sustain massive, powerful mammals.

>but muh 12 hours a day of grazing

Humans can eat a FAR wider range of plants than these beasts, not to mention that we've cultivated energy and nutrient-rich species allowing us to get more from less eating time. And we're smaller and need less food anyway.

Are you the type of guy who also believes there are undiscovered chemical elements?

holy shit you're dumb.
>reading comprehension

i have no opinion on that.

are phytoestrogens something to worry about? at all? I eat a lot of chickpeas and they apparently have a moderate amount.

if you eat a varied diet, you probably shouldn't worry.
but "eating a lot of chickpeas" doesn't sound like a varied diet.

if you've got gyno or sensitive nipples, you might have too high estrogen.
you can always get it bloodchecked.

SAGE! SAGE! GAIN GOBLINS

Announcing sages is against the rules, user-chan

And our digestive systems are completely fucking different.

Oxen are goddamn ruminants.

You'd better learn about some basic vertebrate morphological differences before you bring your faggot bullshit in here

Are vegans this delusional?

We aren't offended by your lifestyle we just think you're all skinny faggots

Reasons to eat animals:

> They taste fucking amazing.

/thread

Humans taste amazing too, that doesn't mean they're morally ok to eat

We should eat subhumans

>Humans taste amazing too
They almost certainly dont

How would you know? Tried one?

That being said, if you place animals on the same level as human beings, then you should not eat either of them, you have my complete support in that.

However, if you place animals bellow you on the food chain, you will see no moral problem with eating animals. Like I do.

You see, the problem with morals is, they are subjective.

Damn, just thinking about killing animals made me hungry. Tendies time. Bon Appétit!

Daily reminder to get fit and smash nazis, vegan style

If meat tastes so great, then why do you have to cook and season it?

To make it taste even better?

Raw meat is awesome too! Ever tried steak tartar?

Name one reason that humans don't deserve to be eaten but animals do. "muh food chain" isn't a reason, you need to tell me the specific trait(s) that makes animals "lower" than humans.

The reason why I eat meat is because it is part of a healthy diet and a good source of protein. With that being said, I don't eat the meat of animals such as dogs, cats and horses because they have evolved alongside humans for centuries and posses a certain level of intelligence.

Now explain to me why my logic is wrong

How often do you eat steak tartar?

i hate these threads. they're just there to incite flame wars.

POST FUCKING RECIPES. I WANT GOOD VEGAN MEALS FOR FUCKS SAKE

Cannibal testimonials say it's like veal or game
>How would you know? Tried one?
Cannibal testimonials say it's like veal or game
>That being said, if you place animals on the same level as human beings, then you should not eat either of them, you have my complete support in that.
>However, if you place animals bellow you on the food chain, you will see no moral problem with eating animals. Like I do.
There are more axes of moral consideration than the food chain
>You see, the problem with morals is, they are subjective.
I agree, and according to your logic I can prove that eating animals is wrong
>Damn, just thinking about killing animals made me hungry. Tendies time. Bon Appétit!
>>>redd.it

Would you be fine with killing and eating an isolated, tribe of people that's not as evolved as the rest of humanity?

That's the thing, I don't have to give you shit. But since I'm in a good mood (thanks tendies):

Animals are easy to hunt and kill. That's what puts them bellow humans. Might is right. Always was, always will be.

Most animals don't hunt and kill the same species as they are. It's bad sport.

A few times a year, as a treat. I don't trust supermarket meat, so I have to go out of my way to get it in a restaurant, which is not cheap.

You should seriously try it. Tastes amazing.

Obviously not because they are human. If I did that would be cannibalism user.

I'm a meat eater and I wouldn't mind vegan threads if they were about recipes or nutrition or something like that. We have keto and IF and whatnot threads daily.
Propaganda threads like these just show how insufferable some of you cunts can be.

>Animals are easy to hunt and kill. That's what puts them bellow humans. Might is right. Always was, always will be.
Retards are easy to hunt and kill
>Most animals don't hunt and kill the same species as they are. It's bad sport.
So?

> There are more axes of moral consideration than the food chain

Yep, you can make up as many axes as you want.

> I agree, and according to your logic I can prove that eating animals is wrong

And I can invent a new axis that proves eating vegetables is wrong. But the fact remains, I will be the only one believing it, until I convince others.

So congratulations, you have proven eating meat is bad. To yourself.

Why is cannibalism wrong?
Any reason you don't eat it more often? Perhaps once every 3 days?

>You see, the problem with morals is, they are subjective
So then it's fine for me to eat dogs, cats, and even humans, right? Morals are subjective though?

Cannibals are also either insane or starving. They likely get some sort of fucked up high eating human meat or are forced to like it because theyll die if they dont eat it.

Falseflagging meatcuck stfu

>vegans

When will they learn?

Enjoy your cancer and heart disease.

>why is cannibalism wrong?
Vegans everyone

But I'll humor you. Cannibalism is wrong because you are committing a crime against nature. Humans, like dogs, cats, horses and monkeys, posses a certain amount of intelligence which make it immoral for us to eat them.

> Retards are easy to hunt and kill

Have you ever tried hunting one? I mean seriously? Have you turned up in a mental institution, asked to see a retard, and killed him?

What happened next? Please explain in detail how easy it was to remove the dead body from the institution, take it home, and prepare it into a meal? All without triggering appropriate response from the staff and authorities?

Ridiculous.

And this over-the top example is ignoring my other point, which is:

>>Most animals don't hunt and kill the same species as they are. It's bad sport.
>So?

As most animals, I have a built-in dislike for killing my own. If you don't feel it, get help.

> Any reason you don't eat it more often? Perhaps once every 3 days?
I already said its expensive as shit:
> I don't trust supermarket meat, so I have to go out of my way to get it in a restaurant, which is not cheap.
I trust supermarket meat for my rare steaks, which are at least slightly cooked. But not for eating raw. I know that being paranoid about quality of the meat is probably a societal conditioning, but until I get over this hurdle, I'll have to keep it as a treat.

> So then it's fine for me to eat dogs, cats,
Precisely. Unless you find them more fun to keep around alive, as I do.
> even humans
No. See above paragraph starting with "As most animals"

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/11/italian-baby-fed-vegan-diet-hospitalized-for-malnutrition/?utm_term=.9397c8213fed

Enjoy your malnutrition plantcuck.

Why don't you shut the fuck up, if vegans really want people to be vegan they should focus on the positive aspects of being vegan and healthy vegan meals, not trying to shame people who eat meat.

>Humans, like dogs, cats, horses and monkeys, posses a certain amount of intelligence which make it immoral for us to eat them.
google.com/searchurl/rr.html#app=com.dailymail.online&pingbase=https://www.google.com/&url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3122303/Move-Lassie-IQ-tests-reveal-pigs-outsmart-dogs-chimpanzees.html

I tried vegan. It sucked. Spending an hour in the grocery store reading labels. Food tastes bland. Fuck no.

Modified vegetarian is king.

>tfw you're vegan for health reasons and every vegan discussion always turns into a moral debate
I just wanna eat healthy...

> not trying to shame people who eat meat.
But that's half of the reason why they do it!

youtu.be/SFCAcQxmYDI?t=51

I like to shoot and eat the animal I shoot.

My dad, 81 years old, eats ground beef raw. Just pinches chunks out and eats it. He's been doing it for decades, the crazy old man.

I'll also point out that most veggies taste pretty bland unless cooked. I love broccoli for instance but can't eat much raw because it becomes unpleasant pretty quickly. Sauteed or steamed with a dash of lemon? I could eat that shit all day long. Bell peppers are decent raw though.

>As most animals, I have a built-in dislike for killing my own. If you don't feel it, get help.
Just because you dislike something doesn't mean it's wrong, you fucking idiot.

Also, what the fuck are tou talking about? Do you seriously think that we institutionalize all mentally handicapped people? Do you know this little about the world?

>No. See above paragraph starting with "As most animals"
So you're saying that we should base our morality on what wild animals do? Also, why do you arbitrarily chose to do what some animals do and not others. Is it just majority rule or something? There are also many animals that do eat eachother, and some of them (like chimpanzees) are biologically very close to humans. Also, why do you chose to replicate only certain traits of animals? Animals often lick eachother's asses, so why don't you? Do you just chose the ones that you like?

>Why is cannibalism wrong?
Most people would rather not get kuru or cjvd.

Pigs have also been bred to be eaten. While I now see that they can be as smart as dogs or chimps, pigs cannot serve the purpose of a companion for a human. As I have stated before, dogs have evolved to be companions to us while pigs, cows and other farm animals have been bred for our consumption.

>pigs cannot serve the purpose of a companion for a human
When was the last time you tried to play with a pig and failed?

>They're bred to be eaten, so that makes it moral for us to eat them
Do you not actually realize how dumb this is?

Morality is subjective, what is morally right for you may be morally wrong for another and vice versa.

But aside from that, say everyone in the world became vegan like you want, what would you do with all the livestock that will now serve no purpose to humanity and will not be able to survive in the wild? Would you allow them to continue living and be cared for by humans? If you did that would you control their breeding somehow, because eventually it'll become economically unfeasible to sustain such a large amount of animals that do nothing. Is not letting them breed not morally wrong? I mean, all animals on this planet live for the sake of propagation, denying that would cause the animals great strife. Would you castrate them then? What would you do?

>b-but muh morality is subjective!
>moving goalposts
Ok. Don't even fucking reply to me, you waste of space.

Humanity will not go vegan overnight
Do you allow pandas and other endangered species that do NOT serve as "food animals" to continue living and be cared for without an economic incentive?

There's your answer
Get some B12 and/or kys, fag

> Just because you dislike something doesn't mean it's wrong, you fucking idiot.

Yeah, unless it comes to understanding basic social rules. Wanting to kill people is not normal. Psychopathy is not normal. Get help before you hurt someone.

> Also, what the fuck are tou talking about? Do you seriously think that we institutionalize all mentally handicapped people? Do you know this little about the world?

Aah, you're right. I forgot you are likely from dumbfuckistan that lets mentally handicaped people roam the streets.

Fair enough. But still, have you hunting, transporting and preparing humans? It's nor easy, nor convenient. Only a few people tried it and even fewer got away with it.

Remember, my point is that animals are easy to kill for food. Not that humans are impossible to kill.

>Yeah, unless it comes to understanding basic social rules. Wanting to kill people is not normal. Psychopathy is not normal. Get help before you hurt someone.
Owning slaves is not moral but it used to be normal
>my point is that animals are easy to kill for food
Babies are easy to kill too, does that make it ok?

p.2

> So you're saying that we should base our morality on what wild animals do?

We should base you morality on our empathy. If you feel empathetic towards animals, feel free to not eat them. I do not.

> Is it just majority rule or something?

Yes, I thought I made that pretty clear, when I said not killing their own kind is considered bad sport across the animal realm?

> There are also many animals that do eat eachother, and some of them (like chimpanzees) are biologically very close to humans.

Yep. And it is considered uncommon and rare. There have been uncommon and rare occurrences of cannibalism in humans as well, but it is not a common societal norm. Which supports my point that we have in-bred dislike for killing own species.

> Also, why do you chose to replicate only certain traits of animals? Animals often lick eachother's asses, so why don't you? Do you just chose the ones that you like?

Not sure what your point is. Is not killing other humans a trait similar to licking asses, which we have luckily gotten rid of over time? Are you saying we should also overcome whatever makes uneasy to kill other humans? If so, seek help.

> Owning slaves is not moral but it used to be normal

And ownership of animals was, is and will remain legal in foreseeable future

Almost as if people did not share your opinion of placing animals and humans at the same level. Weird, huh?

But hey, maybe one day we'll find eating vegetables immoral as well, and ban it too!

> Babies are easy to kill too, does that make it ok?

Again, have you recently tried to get your hands on a baby, and kill it for food? They tend to be well protected from psychopaths like you.

>Humanity will not go vegan overnight

Question still stands. What are you going to do with all the livestock?

From low level perspective, any country that bans livestock will probably just have their farmers sell it off to another country that has not banned it yet. It will be a long process.

The last country will be kept with a bag of rapidly diminishing worthless livestock, so it won't be a problem for long.

From high-level perspective, the livestock will cease to exist. Most of the modern livestock is over-bred for maximum production and will die without human care.

In other words, we will need to extinct livestock to make it free.

>livestock is over-bred for maximum production and will die

So you're fine with killing all the livestock because muh morality, but not fine with people killing livestock for food?

There will not be any killing off. The remaining livestock will be released and die off from natural causes.

The new one will not be conceived.

That being said, most of the livestock will be processed for a final batch anyway, before the law is put to action. I don't think there will be much of it left to release.

I would

Although Id want it well done because black people are basically gross

>And ownership of animals was, is and will remain legal in foreseeable future
That misses the point
>Almost as if people did not share your opinion of placing animals and humans at the same level.
I do not believe animals are on the same level as humans
>But hey, maybe one day we'll find eating vegetables immoral as well, and ban it too!
That is taking a reasonable argument to its extreme to make it sound absurd.
There is no reason to not "kill" vegetables because they aren't conscious.
>Again, have you recently tried to get your hands on a baby, and kill it for food? They tend to be well protected from psychopaths like you.
>psychopaths like you, someone who doesn't even eat animals
user, are you having a stroke?

>The remaining livestock will be released and die off from natural causes.

So you're fine with passively killing a creature, you're just against actively killing it. Gotcha.

You got it. It's about eliminating the suffering. Extinction is just an unfortunate side-effect.

>If I twist his words, I can make it seem as though he is as immoral as me!
extinct yourself

> That misses the point
No, that makes my point perfectly clear. Humans != animals.

> I do not believe animals are on the same level as humans
Well,
Awesome. Finally some breakthrough

> That is taking a reasonable argument to its extreme to make it sound absurd.
No, comparing human slavery to animal farming is not reasonable argument. To me, it is as absurd.

> There is no reason to not "kill" vegetables because they aren't conscious.
But that's your morality! For me, plants are living, propagating organisms. If killing animals is immoral, killing plants is as well. Just because you have some kind of fancy consciousness does not put you above plants!

>psychopaths like you, someone who doesn't even eat animals
Yet considers killing animals the same as killing humans.
Yeah. You are kinda psychopathic if you don't see the difference. Actually, my bad. That would make you sociopathic, not psychopathic. Psychopaths see the difference, they just don't care.

>It's about eliminating the suffering.

Oh, releasing the livestock out in the wild would create tons of suffering both for the livestock and the wild creatures because it would disrupt the natural state and possibly cause all kinds of damage.

>immoral as me

First I'm not twisting anything, he himself acknowledged what I said to be his thoughts exactly. Second of all, I don't subscribe to your understanding of morality, so you can throw around that world all you want, it won't shame me into adopting your world views.

> Oh, releasing the livestock out in the wild would create tons of suffering both for the livestock and the wild creatures because it would disrupt the natural state and possibly cause all kinds of damage.

But it would be temporary suffering. Not perpetual as in meat farming.

>But it would be temporary suffering.

You can't be certain of what sort of damage it will cause. A single alien animal in the wrong biosphere could cause insurmountable damage. And it's still creating suffering. You are willing by your indirect actions to cause suffering to an animal despite your claim to not want to. Even if it is in a single instance, it is still hypocrisy and thus puts your whole position into question.

> indirect actions
Yeah, but I'm not governed by the 3 laws of robotics.

A different question would be, do you support offensive wars against other nation states, that fail to uphold your morals? There are plenty of those, killing and enslaving innocent people, yet we are fine with inaction.

But yeah, I can concede that there may be a better solution. Perhaps an asylum, where the livestock can live out their days? They would not be free, but there would be no suffering.

On a side question.

Would you eat lab-grown meat, if it ever became mainstream, since it is not conscious?

posting in a troll thread

heya faggots! how you guys doing today?

>Yeah, but I'm not governed by the 3 laws of robotics.

So you are fine with animals dying through indirect action of humans and then their carcasses being turned into food?

>There are plenty of those

There are plenty of pretty reasons why people go to war with others, but the reality is, that it's always for resources of one kind or another. Also, I made no claim for or against offensive wars of such a nature.

>Perhaps an asylum, where the livestock can live out their days?

Okay, but how would you do this? Would you allow them to breed? Would you give them enough food so they would want to breed. Wouldn't not giving them enough food or the ability to reproduce be considered a form of torture, thus causing suffering? All animals have a very strong need to reproduce, not allowing them to causes suffering. Among humans this could lead to depression and suicide for instance. You don't want to cause suffering so you don't want to starve them or deprive them of their ability to reproduce, correct?

> So you are fine with animals dying through indirect action of humans and then their carcasses being turned into food?

Yes, I'm fine with it. It is the lesser of two evils. But if majority consensus is different, going along with the plan B I've described would be an option.

> Okay, but how would you do this?

The question is not how, the question is what is the alternative. Is keeping the last few specimens well taken care off, just unable to reproduce, a bigger torture than this better than releasing them? Or keeping the status quo and going onwards with million-fold perpetual slaughter for meat?

I say it is worth it. The final suffering, so there is no more suffering.

>atheist morality
Lmao

>ribs

nigger detected

This is what Theists actually believe.

Of course I would. There is nothing inherently sacred about flesh, only the consciousness attached to it matters.
>No, that makes my point perfectly clear.
Yes, but it missed my point. Can != should.
>Finally some breakthrough
lol, literally no vegan believes that animals are equal to us. Maybe a fringe cultist 5%, but every demographic has crazies.
>No, comparing human slavery to animal farming is not reasonable argument.
It is a valid but not sound argument.
You said "X is justified if everyone does it"
I said "what if X=slavery"
You said "except then"
>But that's your morality! For me, plants are living, propagating organisms. If killing animals is immoral, killing plants is as well. Just because you have some kind of fancy consciousness does not put you above plants!
Let's leave that shitty discussion for when you've at least abolished animal cruelty
>Yet considers killing animals the same as killing humans.
No, that's you strawmanning my argument because you can't attack it.
"You shouldn't rob multimillionaire CEOs"
"You shouldn't rob old ladies in the bus"
Just because I condemn both actions, doesn't mean I equate them
Retard
"A guitar is an instrument"
"A liver is an instrument"
"Therefore, guitars are livers"
Nobody thinks like that
>Psychopaths see the difference, they just don't care.
....like meat eaters?
>atheist
Where did you get that from?

>I'm superior because I have imaginary friends
>also I like to fuck little boys