Are we supposed to count this into our totals?

Are we supposed to count this into our totals?

Of course

Yes. Don't let the trolls meme you into thinking otherwise.

I can confirm that you count it.

>he counts the bar
never gonna make it

>bar counters

it's time for the great purge

Banished to the manlet pit if you do

Not only do you not count the bar, you're not meant to count the plates on the inside either. They are too close to the centre of mass and that makes them easier to lift

Do you not count your weight into your total?
>making it ever

Fags

You count your weight, the bar, the weights, the elevation, air density, everything into your total.
Only way to truly progress.

Yes. You also count the weight of your clothes, your hair, skin, bones, muscle, blood and headphones if you're wearing them.

You're supposed to subtract the bar weight, parallelian physics dictates that mass X used to support mass Y offsets the total weight of mass Y. A simple calculation of Y-X will give you your true weight.

dont forget atmospheric pressure

Don't forget a camera that can accurately record your movements with measurments so you can log into AutoCAD to see your progress towards your bodies' final blueprint.

>ignoring the properties of Z in order to achieve proper form

come on man, do you even lift?

Does the bar have weight? Then yes. Quit getting memed.

No.
Keep in mind that one standard plate is 20 kg or 45 lb. For example, benching two plate means one plate in each hand: 2 * 45 lb = 90 lb bench press.
It's important to train grip strength as you progress so you can carry more plates in each hand.
For odd numbers of plates, ask the gym staff for "half-plates" or "demis"-- they don't take them out unless people need them because they get lost easily. So, for your three plate deadlift, you'll have one plate and one demi in each hand: 2 * (1+0.5) * 45 lb = 3 * 45 lb = 135 lb deadlift.
Avoid using bars or straps in your lifts. They can throw off these calculations and set you up for injury.

Don't let these gains goblins tell you that you count it. Don't wanna be /thatguy/ in the gym that says he can bench 140 and you can only bench 120

>he doesn't use a 0 lbs bar

NO it's for pussy faggots.

I dont want to be a pussy Faggot
How do I avoid this?

Dicks and manhole only. Don't even accidentally look at pussy when browsing over to the man on man section. Man only site and use adblockers just in case.

Yes.

Source: I'm big.

>Counting for any other purpose than keeping track of weight
>Telling others how much you lift'

Why? Do you need other people's approval for motivation?