I went vegan a few months ago. Why aren't you? Seriously what is your excuse?

I went vegan a few months ago. Why aren't you? Seriously what is your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-vegan-multivitamin-mineral-tablets-60012166
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I don't hop on trendy flavor of the month fads to feel superior to the average person.

Because I like meat and it is a convenient way to fuel myself for my goals.

I don't want to.

What about making an informed choice with information presented to you?

But it's a shitty thing for the environment and your body.

What would the human equivalent of that pic be?
>circumcised my ass, as she spits out foreskin and smegma

Let's not pretend mass producing vegetables isn't also incredibly bad for the environment.

You sound like one of those fatties that shame people for eating well and exercising because they think it's an attack on themselves

Because I don't feel like telling everyone I ever meet about my lifestyle and diet.

Sure, but it's considerably less damaging than what rearing and feeding livestock is doing to the environment. Stopping beef and dairy production tommorow would significantly reduce our continual environmental fuck up.

Except my argument is based on facts and logic not just 'but muh donuts'

I'm vegan every morning until I eat halal slaughtered meat for lunch

I've literally told no one except my family who asked. To eat a plant based diet doesn't mean you need to preach it to the world. I started this thread because I've not yet spoken or debated being vegan with anyone.

...don't? I've only told my first degree relatives, and that only after they saw me not helping myself to steak and insisted on "but why?"
I don't feel superior to anyone, I just don't eat meat and cheese. You guys are making this a bigger deal than it has to be
Pity nobody will respond to this
That was a really silly thing to say, user. What do animals eat?
It is a fact that meat is unnecessary and so it logically follows that consuming it is unethical since it also causes suffering

Who cares, I'll be dead long before the environment dies

We can hope

What do vegans feed their dogs?

I eat meat out of spite to people like you.

Vegan dog food. Look it up.

I just have started working out three months ago.
I would pointless to push my body and at the same time pursue a nutrient restricted diet.

>inb4 I can get all the nutrients from being vegan.

Probably true, but gains come much slower, so there would be less returns for my efforts.

I don't get it, does she suck the seeds out of his watermelon dick? Are they beings that, like watermelon, have seeds but instead fuck like humans? Does it hurt him to lose seeds?

>a nutrient restricted diet.
STOP PERPETUATING LIES
>gains come much slower
SAYS FUCKING WHO

Dogs can be vegan but it's not recommended. Cats can NOT be vegan they are obligate carnivores and will get all kinds of fucked up if put on a vegan or vegetarian diet.
DESU feed your pets meat it's what they would get in the wild as well. The only source of plant in most dog/cat diet in the wild is the matter from the stomach of the things they killed.

You get the exact same nutrients from a structured vegan diet as you do from any diet. Protein is only ever made by plants in the first place.

Look at Clarence Kennedy on YouTube.

Non vegan here. I dated a girl who wanted me to become vegan. I was always impressed because no matter how busy her day was or how much sleep she got, she was always full of energy again the next day. She was also batshit insane and I'm not sure if the two are related from lack of a non vegan diet. She was still definitely getting dat sausage though if you know what I mean.
Yeah nah yeah nah seriously though. I don't really care for the saving animals argument, or the environment argument (both are important but I'm disregarding them here)
I just want to know what the health benefits are to vegan? Like the pros to veganism, not the cons to meat. Can anyone give me solid advice beyond "meats bad for you and gives you cancer"?
Genuine question I'm considering taking it on myself for a while.

I'm not sure how all you guys operate but I live in Louisiana and have a social life

I can't get away with only telling first degree relatives. People are gonna get suspicious if you don't come to the damn crawfish boil

Not that I'm a vegan. But I did try to go vegan for just 2 weeks once and I couldn't duck the subject of food with my friends

Because I like meat and there's nothing that assholes like you can do to stop me.

>I don't feel superior to anyone, I just don't eat meat and cheese. You guys are making this a bigger deal than it has to be

>I went vegan a few months ago. Why aren't you? Seriously what is your excuse?

Why do I need an excuse to not eat vegan if it's not a big deal?

You'll have more micronutrients in your diet if you go plant-based. But you don't need to be vegan to do that. You can cut the crap out of your diet and replace it with plants, vegan or not

that's what i did

So your not gonna change because of what other people might think? Sounds like a shitty excuse. If they ask, tell them you've gone vegan. If they ask why. Say ethical reason's. Don't be a slave to other people user.

Because my GI track isn't long enough to efficiently digest plant matter like a cow?

Because you need to eat 20-25% more when getting your protein from plants?

Because many plant sourced proteins are incomplete proteins?

Because meat based protein sources tend to have key nutrients that are required for healthy living and supplements are less reliable sources for said nutrients (due to quality or the fact the body has trouble breaking down pills)?

Because many plant sourced proteins aren't capable of being fully digested due to fiber blocking complete absorption before you shit out the rest?

Because soy, one of the best sources of protein available to vegans, is more likely to make me into a trap instead of Chad?

Basically all of the above and a bunch of crap I didn't bother mentioning like how Vegan diets are only sustainable due to massive supplement dosages to make up for lost nutrients, and are only viable as a dietary plan if you're basically upper middle class or above economically.

It's not a big deal in social situations. Like if someone had an allergy. It's no big deal.

Then why do I need an excuse for not being vegan?

Well, you disregarded 2.5/3 of the vegan arguments: ethics, environment, and cons of meat. Of the remaining 0.5 argument, you'll definitely get much better poops than before. They always want to go, never to stay and give you a hard time. It's over very quickly, in 1-2 pushes, and you're clean in 1-2 wipes. When I ate meat and the first 2 weeks I was vegan, wiping was always a long procedure.
Also, when I ate meat and my training went on a hiatus, the DOMS I got after restarting lasted 5-7 days. Now they lasted 3 days only. Take this as you will.

>Because my GI track isn't long enough to efficiently digest plant matter like a cow?
Nobody says you should eat grass only
>Because you need to eat 20-25% more when getting your protein from plants?
Wrong, source
>Because many plant sourced proteins are incomplete proteins?
Wrong, source
>Because meat based protein sources tend to have key nutrients that are required for healthy living and supplements are less reliable sources for said nutrients (due to quality or the fact the body has trouble breaking down pills)?
Alex Jones tier logic
>Because many plant sourced proteins aren't capable of being fully digested due to fiber blocking complete absorption before you shit out the rest?
Source
>Because soy, one of the best sources of protein available to vegans, is more likely to make me into a trap instead of Chad?
Oh damn it was bait. 5/10 got me to reply.

because animals have no rights

Why should I?

>Because my GI track isn't long enough to efficiently digest plant matter like a cow?

Why the fuck are you eating grass, hay and silage? We don't eat those foods because we can't digest them. We have something amazing called FIRE to help liberate nutrients from plant matter.

>Because many plant sourced proteins are incomplete proteins?

So what? You have to get a variety of plant based food in order to have complete proteins? Is a varied diet bad thing? Plus the average human only needs around 50g of protein per day. You can easily get that from Nuts, Grains, Beans, Veg etc.. Pretty much everything has protein in it.

>Because meat based protein sources tend to have key nutrients that are required for healthy living and supplements are less reliable sources for said nutrients (due to quality or the fact the body has trouble breaking down pills)?

Key sources? Like what? Pollution from the ocean, antibiotics from the beef, dairy and poultry industry? BUT MUH B12!!?! White flour has been fortified with B12 for decades now, since feed-lot raised cattle don't get B12 in their diets because they never see grass, they are injected with B12 supplements themselves.

>Because many plant sourced proteins aren't capable of being fully digested due to fiber blocking complete absorption before you shit out the rest?

Proof?

>Because soy, one of the best sources of protein available to vegans, is more likely to make me into a trap instead of Chad?

Proof? Most evidence is anecdotal.

> if you're basically upper middle class or above economically.

Bullshit. Most who lives in the west have access to internet, the internet will explain to you how eating vegan is cheaper and healthier than eating meat regardless of social status.

Back any of your claims up with pier review proof and i'll listen more.

no you dont

For the environment?

INah senpai you don't

No evidence to suggest that me, one person, adopting veganism would make any difference.

Do you also abstain from elections?

That's just an excuse user. I'm disappointed in you.

everyone saying they have educated themselves on being vegan are retarded because they really haven't and pushing it on normal people is not healthy. i'm sorry you had to hear it from me, op. do you also happen to be a flat earther by chance?

It's a factual argument.
Yes because no party exists that supports my views.

>What's your excuse?
>Gives an excuse
>That's just an excuse, I'm disappointed

I'm pretty sure vegans only exist because God has seen fit to punish us in the most annoying way possible. Pain is bearable, but the smug sense of self satisfaction and lack of cognitive dissonance just hurts my soul.

>normal
>Veeky Forums

Pick one user. I'm hardly going to make a difference on Veeky Forums. But i've never had this debate with anyone so it's interesting to see how people react.

>It's a factual argument.
It IS an excuse. If you really care for animal welfare, you do your best to minimize harm done to them. You don't hinge on "well they are fucked anyway who cares about a little extra harm"

You literally asked for an excuse in the OP. You typed the question 'What's your excuse?'

I don't mean Veeky Forums, I mean lunatics dousing themselves in fake blood on the street. I am in the same predicament as the guy here with the added benefit of being a medical student so I can explain to the girl how batshit insane everything she propagates is. She won't listen because doctors are in on the conspiracy. She also doesn't take supplements so I'm stuck with waiting for her inevitable anemia to manifest.

Considering it takes a fuck load of water and grain to feed cattle. I was eating around 900g of meat/chicken/fish per day. I think that saving 328kg per year is a significant reduction in Co2, methane and water consumption. Kinda like recycling, what difference does my 1 can make?

Meat production is on the same scale as fracking and coal mining.

Because meat isn't bad for your health when moderately consumed. I don't buy into the "morality" aspect of it because I don't feel bad at all about killing something, so it's a moot point. Most vegans resort to calling me a sociopath along other names.

Most vegans studies are done against your most unhealthy "American" diets and lifestyles - it's almost like measuring the hardness of eggshells vs rocks.

im not a pussy

Insane people are in walks of life. Just because there are fundamentalists who would murder a person to save a cow, doesn't mean all vegans are like that. Sorry that you've had a bad experience user, but if she had a decent structured diet, she wouldn't become anemic, just sounds like her problems manifest as a veganism obsession.

This

Whole bunch of my friends are jumping on the wagon this month, thought it was just them but it turns out lots of people are falling for this pseudo science crap.

He is not natty though.

What about the environmental impacts? Of not just meat, but poultry, dairy and pork. It's fucking mental. Meat isn't moderately consumed. The world health organisation has classed red meat as a carcinogen.

>The risk increases with the amount of meat consumed, but the data available for evaluation did not permit a conclusion about whether a safe level exists.

>ethics
Oh shut the fuck up not every country is a third world or American with zero animal care.
>environment
Animal pollution is literally irrelevant
>cons of RED meat
Fixed for you. The healthiest people on earth eat white meat.

Dont bother replying I wont bother reading your soccer mom blob website reply

cringe

nah some people are just chronically anemic even as meat eaters (women mostly)

What pseudo science crap? The world health organization literally classed red meat as a carcinogen. The environmental impact of livestock production is more damaging than cars.

Nor are any other olympic level athlete. The point is that diet has no impact on his performance.

This image really represents the vegan fad. Its taken up by people with too much time and money on their hands with nothing else going on in their lives and need a way to feel superior because they cant handle the fact they are generic like everyone else. The moment their privileged life gets ripped out under them they dive right back to human nature and eat meat like you're naturally supposed to.

The crux of veganism itself is insane because it rejects reality - you need supplements to function properly on a vegan diet, your body has a much harder time dealing with plant protein because of something called bioavailability and you need to eat more to cover your caloric needs. Militant vegans will deny this and will call everything that doesn't conform to their bias a conspiracy.

>environmental impacts
Full of horseshit. Everything we do impact environment one way or another. By your logic, wild animals impact environment the most.

>7. Red meat was classified as Group 2A, probably carcinogenic to humans. What does this mean exactly?
>In the case of red meat, the classification is based on limited evidence from epidemiological studies showing positive associations between eating red meat and developing colorectal cancer as well as strong mechanistic evidence.
>Limited evidence means that a positive association has been observed between exposure to the agent and cancer but that other explanations for the observations (technically termed chance, bias, or confounding) could not be ruled out.

Fuck. Off.

>The environmental impact of livestock production is more damaging than cars.
Who gives a flying fuck? A report just came out proving not a single country is following the Paris Agreement on reducing emissions in any area.

Woopdefuckingdo 14% of emissions comes from Cows, meanwhile the other 86% are also increasing continuously.

>zero animal care
Is unnecessary killing justified if it is painless?
Would you accept this justification in the victim's place?

>unnecessary
Food is necessary
>justified if it is painless?
100% yes for animals
>Would you accept this justification in the victim's place?
Your a fucking cow. I can fucking map your mental activity with a scan and prove you're too stupid to comprehend your own existence.

The world isnt just fucking daisies and sunshine kid. If you want to keep shitposting on Veeky Forums and acting superior while in your air conditioned room sitting on your comfy chair, sleeping in a nice bed, with easy access to water and food you have to fuck up the planet somehow to get that.

It's commonplace for most people to take a multivitamin these days, especially those who lift or do sports.

> Bioavailability

Find a single recorded case where someone had a protein deficiency. Vegan bodybuilders are still massive, this is because of gear. They get adequate protein in their diets. But lets face it, most of us here aren't pro bodybuilders, just normies who like to lift.

> Need to eat more
Nuts are one of the most nutrient dense unprocessed foods in the world.

> Conspiracy
MIlitant anything is something you should just ignore and not get into a debate with, you'll never win.

>It's commonplace for most people to take a multivitamin these days
Its also commonplace for people to be fucking morons that doesnt make it right. You vegan cunts make the same argument back against meat eaters saying
>WELL JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE EATS MEAT AND HAS FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT

You can get a balanced diet in the cheapest and most efficient way possible by having a balanced diet and that includes meats.

/thread

We can do a fuck load to reduce our impact, starting by cutting one of the biggest polluters is a good start. How the fuck can you look at the data and think 'That is horseshit'. I don't drive to work, I recycle, my house is well insulated and has energy efficient lights. I do as much as practically possible.

So do your part? Because politicians will never ever step up to the mark.

And what i'm saying is that Meat is shit for the environment and not necessary in our western lifestyle.

>I do as much as I can!
>good for little old me!
>meanwhile paying taxes
>meanwhile those taxes subsidies companies that produce 10x to 100x more pollution than you and your entire neighborhood whether you are efficient or not
Yeah user, you so smart.

Jesus user how stupid are you, you're looking at ocean of piss and not pissing in it because you think 'every little bit counts!'

Your daily ritual has ZERO impact on global warming.

Every point you made is full of absolute shit but I know no amount of logic or reason will prove otherwise.

But here is a fun moment of disgust for you; go look at your multivitamins and what they're made out of. Guess fucking what, they are 100% ALL containing animal products.

Your actions will don't do any shit because of the shit come from China.

I appreciate you trying to convince me that my beliefs are retarded, but for now i'll stick with it.

See The funny thing is you're actually lazy as fuck. You know what you would do to save the environment if you cared? You would get political, you would go out of your way to change your entire country, not just your micro universe where you have control. You would lobby, raise support and target the hard big pollution sources that ACTUALLY make a difference like power stations and industry. You would dedicate your life to actually making a difference rather than changing your fucking lightglobe which has zero fucking impact on anything but is easy and a great way for you to act smug to everyone around you as you say 'Oh I care about the environment! I use solar and have special lights, and I reduce my carbon foot print every day!'

This is why you fucking vegans and environmentalists are so absolutely unbearable. You think your tiny pointless changes in your life have some profound impact and everyone around you is just fucking blessed to have someone like you saving the world when in reality you do fucking nothing for it.

If you want to live energy efficient, go right ahead. IF you want to be vegan go right ahead. But dont spout your misdirected self righteous bullshit at everyone else.

But that's it, no amount of logic or reason will convince you otherwise, but why aren't you vegan? hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-vegan-multivitamin-mineral-tablets-60012166

A multivitamin doesn't cut it. You will need b12, iron, calcium, omega-3 and tweak your diet in a way that gives you enough of the essential amino acids and even then your body will have a harder time, even if you don't immediately feel it. I guess you can then make the argument that it doesn't matter, but in the long run it probably will.

Also by militant I mean someone adhering to the main premise of veganism, which as far as I understand it should be 'you can be perfectly healthy without eating animal products'. This is false.

I don't know, user, if you feel it works for you, do it. Spreading false information though, which an astonishing amount of vegans do, will make my job harder so I don't appreciate it.

I enjoy the taste of meat and I think animals are meant to be eaten.

just tell them you want the potatoes and the corn

Pro fucking tip; using animal based casings or animal product vitamin sources does not under US law constitute being non-vegan

They can straight up lie about it and advertise it being vegan, because its 100% impossible to make these tablets without using animal products anyway.

t. Laywer

Enjoy your meat pill

Shitposting is against site rules, you've been reported.