I just saw an obese child. Why do parent's allow this to happen?

I just saw an obese child. Why do parent's allow this to happen?

Most fat kids come from fat parents so they pick up all of the bad diets from their parents

Because Parent's are lazy and would rather buy a chocolate bar than tell their kid no and deal with a tantrum in public?

Allowing your kid to exercise(regularly going to the park, sports teams etc.) requires a lot more time and effort than fatties prefer to expend. They don't do it for themselves and don't feel bad about it- why would they do it for their kids?

I have a friend who is obese (pushing 400 pounds) and his wife is probably a solid 225. They have two kids, the oldest being 4.

They literally have HUNDREDS of photos of them feeding their kids sugary cereal, corn dogs, ice cream, cake, and everything fucking awful because "it's cute".

Eventually when I told them to stop forcing their habits on their kids, they said "She's not overweight!". Their 4 year old daughter was 57 pounds.

fun fact: they do not
the fatness is probably determined by the genetics of that kid

Lmao

That's just evolution at work. when kids take bites of the food their parents feed them, bits of "genetics" in the food "evolve" them into bigger better humans.

found the landwhale

I think obese (not overweight) kids should be reported to the police and the parents given a warning.

I bet if it was the opposite, not giving them food, the government would jail the parents. That's nonsense to me, both should be prosecuted

Oh, sorry dude. This is Veeky Forums you need to go back to /a/ with your doritos and masturbating to cartoons

Most likely explanation is that they don't even think of it.

Really nigga that was like some insulting tier bait good job making some backboard hard with all the yous

I was a fat kid. My parents were both fit, dad is an er doctor and mom was in the Olympics for hammer throw. I refused to do any exercise they forced me to do, quit every sport they made me join etc. I was 100 lb by 5 years old, 170 by 4th grade, 250 by 7th grade, and 310 by 12th. I'm currently 19 and down to 230 and still dropping fast.

My teachers were always surprised on meet the parents night when they saw a fucking blimp being trailed by 2 athletic looking adults. Parents stopped caring about my health once I turned 18 because they had done all they could. They would literally put me on a treadmill sometimes and wouldn't feed me until i burned 400 calories. They even put a lock on the fridge eventually.

When I got to college something clicked in my brain, I don't know what. My urge to overeat disappeared, I suddenly got addicted to lifting and cardio, and I quit vidya cold turkey. Parents are proud of me but still mad I wasted so much of my genetic potential and youth being fat. I don't blame them, I'm not sure what changed in my head but I have no idea wtf was wrong with me back then. Dad would literally remind me on a daily basis about how I was going to get my leg cut off from diabetes. He started telling me that when I was 5. No idea why I never took him seriously.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say that not all fat kids are their parents doing. Some kids just refuse to exercise and you can't really force them to. My parents used to kick me out of the car a mile from home so I'd walk back, but I'd just sit there until someone picked me up. I'm probably a 1 in 1000 tho, have yet to see another fat kid with fit parents.

>mom olympic hammer throw with doc husband
Cool story, but you made me want to doxxxxxxxxxxxxx you badly

Goddamn, son, that's a serious story. I'm glad you turned it around.

lol fuckin gay

Jesus fucking Christ

>I_don't_want _to_live.jpg

You could but it would take quite a few hours.

Thanks user.

Because they don't think about nutrition or straight up don't care.

I was obese before I was even ten years old. I couldn't fit into a regular shirt for baseball and nothing was done about it even with that happening. I was just called "big boned" until I was so incredibly overweight that I was 300 lbs in middle school.
I sound like a whiner, but I do blame my parents for not doing anything and being fat alcoholics. Now I deal with the consequence of loose skin all over my body and probably having terrible knees when older because they failed at being adults, while I was weak and uneducated about calories.
I've lost 170 lbs, so I'm at least glad I turned things around instead of becoming one of those 600 lb people who can't even walk. Still, I'd trade 30 years of my life to have 10 knowing what it's like to have a normal body.

Can I call CPS on parents who are slowly killing their children with their shit diets and lack of exercise?

>310 in 12th grade

Fuark user good shit, I personally don't think I woulda had the willpower to turn shit around at that point.

I think you can actually, I know that a diet of cold hotdogs is enough to get CPS called sometimes. Not 100% sure though.

HOW? How did you get so fat then? What the fuck did you even eat if your Veeky Forums parents tried to force you to eat healthy shit? Especially as a kid without his own income? Did you give old men handjobs for Happy Meals or something?

Same here annon i was really fucking fat in my early childhood up to my teenage years prob like 15-16 where i quit processed drinks and candy i recently started lifting and tracking my calories and macros at 18 and it's one of the best things that happened to me

>My parents used to kick me out of the car a mile from home so I'd walk back
Pretty fucking based tbo.

Because the parents are either fat themselves, or the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality has erased the word NO from their vocabulary.

were you cooking and buying food for yourself at age 4?

>you want me to put my child on a DIET!?!?!?!

Pretty much a similar story here, mum was a doctor and dad was fitness-mad but even they couldn't get me to stop eating like shit all day.

Something just 'clicked' in my head when I was 22, and I cut out all the sugar and started taking long walks every day then moved onto lifting. I've lost 5 stone and I'm still losing weight without much mental effort.

you tried too hard..

Me and my gf went for a day out at the Zoo the other week and we couldn't believe how many obese kids there are these days. When we were both in primary school there was maybe 1 obese kid per year if that. Looking around though about 25% of them were obese or over weight some of them were fucking huge. If anyone had been that size when i was at school they would have been bullied to shit.

>I was a fat kid.
>When I got to college something clicked in my brain,

It was your parents' fault you were fat

Both of my parents are fat, yet I never ended up fat, nor did any of my siblings.

What gives?

You were adopted

Maybe they actually knew how to raise a kid or you were practically raised by parents of your friends if you spent a lot of time outside the house.

maybe you're the only one who gives a shit enough to not let yourself get fat?

Also you should kill your parents.

How can I avoid this scenario as a father?

1. Don't use food as a way to reward a child or punish them. Instead, do something fun the family can do together like go to the zoo, a park or the beach and pack a picnic. It's a way to be active and have a good time.

2. If you can grow a garden, get them involved. Children and adults are more likely to eat something they had a part in growing. You could also have them get into helping with making food as well because creating something does the same.

3. Don't give into a child when they're fussy and don't eat the food you serve them for dinner and whatnot. They don't deserve special treatment and it won't kill them to not eat if they're going to be like that.

4. Shitty foods are a rare occasion.

5. Even on birthdays, don't just have junk foods that children love.

I'm just a fatass losing weight who would have liked to be a mother. I can't guarantee it will work, but these are my ideas to not have a spoiled, fat child. You want to try and not associate all the good memories and time with junk food if possible. What his parents did were also not a great idea. They were punishing him and forcing him to do things and made losing weight and being healthy a bad experience in his head. That's why you want to be active with your children from a young age to show them that it's normal and enjoyable.

>don't spoil your kids
>only treat them on very special occasions
>exercise/play sports with them as much as you can
>keep them away from TV
>keep them away from video games

>Parental advice given out by non-parents

Not this shit again.