Start doing lateral raises

>start doing lateral raises
>delts blow up
Did you really fall for the OHP is enough meme?

What weight did you start with and how long till you seen good results

Like 10lb dbs. Currently do a set or 2 with 20s and then more controlled sets with 15s

you better not be that guy who does lateral raises in front of all the weights

I've been doing lateral raises for ages and my delts are dyel. Your just genetics

3x8 military press
3x20 lateral DB raises
3x12 front raises with ex bar
3x12 bent over rows

If your shoulder day is not looking like this you might as well stop trying.

What’s your ohp, bench and other stats, how long do you lift? Blow-up is very relative

On the negative go half way down and then go back up, then go all the way down

Helps make sure you're not using momentum..I'm sure genetics has a role but I'm telling u bros its a god tier accesory

I started doing lat raises with 10lb recently too but if i try to go up only to 15 its actually painful. How long till i should progress the weight?

>there are people who 'bounce' in their lateral raise reps
it's no wonder you still have dyel delts

what kind of form do you guys use for lat raises
>straight arms
>bent arms
>do you raise them parellel to the floor or higher/lower
>lower them slowly?
>lift them explosively

for me i have totally straight arms, slow concentric, and raise a tad higher than shoulder height

i think natty bodybuilders fell for the low rep compound lifts meme.
I'm a natty strongman competitor and I'll spend a few minutes on OHP just to measure my strength level and train motor patterns but honestly I do a shit ton of lateral raises, snatch grip presses, rear delt flies, and so on.

do lateral raises with bands.

>Not doing both
>Not doing heavy cheat lateral raises once a week in addition to doing controlled lateral raises once a week
ISHYGDDT
delts respond to volume.

*gulp*

Lol ok joff caviar. Dont shill your athlean ex workouts

Post delts

I don't do lateral raises cause I'm kinda scared of shoulder impingement. Arnold press has probably become my favorite front/side delt exercise. For my rear delts I like face pulls, 5x15. Adding these two to my main compunds has helped my shoulder health tons.

I might start bringing in some side raises too though.

>afraid of shoulder impingement
>does behind the neck shoulder press

Congrats, you played yourself

just have your thumbs slightly pointed up on our lateral raises and you'l be fine. It's not abduction that leads to impingement, its abduction combined with internal rotation.

do a 3(3x20) drop set of lateral raises. Enjoy your red hot mires.

elaborate? i dont understand your format

3 drops in weight for each set?

>only ever lift at night
>only people ever at the gym when I'm there are staff and sometimes this huge dude who's a total bro
Feels fucking good dude

where else am i supposed to do them

I'm doing them like that. Sometimes with a 10lb plate. Tried the cable ones but the machine only jumps 10lbs at a time

somewhere ELSE!

While walking across the gym doing lunges. I call it "farmer lunge flys".

>start smashing traps
>traps explode
took like 2 hours to clean up the mess

as someone who has had to go through extensive periods of physio for my RC over the years id recommend you be careful as fuck going above shoulder height as it will stress your rotator cuff more than if you stopped at parallel m8

So basically you're walking around the gym like a chicken

start doing upright REVERSE FLIES at an angle of 30-45 degrees

these not only blow up your mid delts but also the rear delts and the mid traps.

>but why would i do these user
Well regular lat raises work your front delts and mid delts, if youre the average lifter you dont need any more front delt work, you need more rear delt work. This is a nice two-in-one exercise

BONUS: it doesnt kill your shoulders like the lateral raises do, it actually is also a prehab exercise. So youre getting jacked mid and rear delts AND your making your shoulder joint even stronger thus preventing injury. Well why the fuck wouldnt you do this exercise

Yeah, it's a way to pay respects to the walking birds of gains.

Keep them arms straight as fuck

Is it more profitable than facepulls?

Prepare for lift off

gonna try these now breh. thanks

with facepulls i can get more mid trap action going on. Its not better just has more mid delt focus. Different purposes

You might not figure out the form the first time you try it, Dont let that get you down just experiment with how to swing your arm to get the delts activating

It takes forever. I'm at 20 currently but even I can feel excruciating pain from time to time. Better take it slow and steady.

FACEPULLS and HIGH BAR ROWS have more rear delt activation due to a much greater shortening of the rear deltoid

I doubt anyone falls for that meme. Delts are fucking important in improving the physique so they must be given a lot of attention especially if you're a framelet

Protip:

Your shoulder is made of seven distinct muscles. These help facilitate rotation of the shoulder in different directions. Our job in isolating the delts is minimizing how much of a load the other 6 take off our exercise.

For example, when you do a regular lat raise, the first part of the motion is heavily assisted by the supraspinatus. The remainder is a combination of side and front delt.

Finally note that if something's gonna steal your lateral deltoid gains it should be your rear and not your front delt. The average lifter has a 5x larger front delt than the average non-lifter, but only 3x larger side delt and 15% larger rear delt. But this also means putting too much rear delt in won't fully exercise your side.

So for maximal isolation we can do:
>pause about a foot from your body to stop your supraspinatus from generating momentum
>lean slightly forward (like on a nearly vertical but inclined bench) to take out some of the front delt and include more of the rear
>if your shoulders can handle it, internally rotate as you go up to (but not above) parallel. you should end with pinky above all your other fingers
>keep your arms as straight (i.e. not bending elbows forward) as possible