/owg/

don't let it die edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IedLQgNUTyk
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/comments/74iif1/what_i_know_about_bulgarias_pharmaceutical_use_in/
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM
youtube.com/watch?v=pt9qncyfUpo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why not post the op?

bump cuz itd be nice to have an /owg/

too bad most of Veeky Forums is brainlets and fat "powerlifters" who dl 3 pl8

Today snatches and c&j

what numbers you going for m8?
it's okay, we're all weaklings here

today's workout
snatch 5x2 at 60kg
power clean and jerk 5x1+2 at 75kg

then said fuck it and went home because some dude walked into the rack as soon as i was about to use it for front squats

>Adidas track pants

Hey, it's allowed, he's a slav

Dead threads as always.

Today I figured out how to keep all my fingers under the bar during my clean. Also my feet placement don't go as wide now. Feels pretty good man. Still weak as fuck though.

What apathetic poster. I've seen it already and I'm not gonna look it up to watch again, even though I want to, just because you're a POS poster.

what are you talking about

35 & 40 lol

youtube.com/watch?v=IedLQgNUTyk

It's already dead

good luck man =)

reddit.com/r/weightlifting/comments/74iif1/what_i_know_about_bulgarias_pharmaceutical_use_in/

Is this guy legit? Those seem like very light cycles.

I cleaned 130kg and snatched 90kg on my last week of the texas method, after doing starting strength. Only did the lifts on a frequency of 1x per week. Bodyweight is 109kg at 6'5. Would I get any good if I changed to full oly lifting or should I just became a powerlifter?

Olympic lifters use small doses compared to powerlifters bodybuilders and strongman

Any tips on how to fix forward lean during an overhead squat? I don't have any problems when doing back squats, but about half way down when doing it overhead I just can't keep my torso upright.

>It is very important for weightlifters to use fast-releasing aqueous testosterone injections. The slow releasing forms are worthless. Yet nobody never seems to think about this.
???

The bars position overhead dictates your center of gravity. If you bar comes forward, you do too. So keep it tight behind your ears and continue to push up against the bar.

Depends how old you are and if you want to compete in either pl or oly

Ol Ivan was known for a lot of things, but his scientific literacy was not amongst them.

It's also possible - but very unlikely - he was referring to dodging drug tests. It's damn near impossible to ping someone for using low doses of test suspension unless you catch them in the act. Of course, the Bulgarians failed a shit-ton of drug tests. Supposedly a lot of it for stuff not on that list.

Does anyone know what the Chinese team are doing for bodybuilding accessory?

You see them doing the usual in 10-15 rep sets (upright rows, curls etc etc), but I'm curious to know if they have a 'standard' template for this BBing accessory work.

your torso is supposed to move forward.
the bar shouldnt

>tl;dr
>they were using light shots of test, DBOL (unspecified), light GH, cheque drops, speed, and perscription meds

The anabolic doses are common from what I've researched:

The East Germans, details of whcih are freely available in documents released since, were giving their WL's in the 70-80s similar test injections and similar dosing of TBOL. An East German heavyweight would be on 40mg of TBOL/day (an equiv dose of DBOL would be 20mg) and they would use for around half the year. This would be combined with low (very low) dose test. The Russians of the 60-70s would be on similar dosing protocols, but they used DBOL without testosterone. 20mg for a heavyweight/day was a common dose, they only used for half a year, stopped completely after olympics for a year.

By contrast, the stack of the Bulgarian's is much larger. (And I'd be curious to see exact dosing for the DBOL). The methamphetamine use will also explain the workaholic nature of the team and is very likely to have been the 'finishing touch' that allowed the country to dominate over everyone else.

>Those seem like very light cycles.

You don't need a lot of drugs to get the strength benefit from roids. You'll get a significant strength/recovery boost from 10mg of Turinabol over a six week cycle, but you need to take 50-100mg to get a bodybuilding effect.

I'm 25. I'm also open to using steroids to close some of the gap. 25 is the perfect to start roiding.

working cleans, power cleans and front squats today

just started working on my shoulder mobility earlier this week in preparation for snatches. overhead squats are fucking hard, bros.

I'm also curious

I did those + 65kg clean. (+5kg PB)

>being extremely heavy and muscular not an advantage
>significantly more difficult anti-doping controls
Of course they don't blast like a bodybuilder would, lmao.

lmao weaker than a little girl

she needs to learn how to put the weights down tho

Why add that much weight to a women's bar instead of just using a real bar?

Because the bar is made for women

what do you mean? all weightlifters drop the weight

/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

>post the OP edition

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Commisar's notes on the Meme Method
>pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM (embed) (embed)

the dropbox is still broken

shit, I'll remove it next time I post it

Pretty late to ask this. Does anyone have a source for this statement in particular?

>You don't need a lot of drugs to get the strength benefit from roids. You'll get a significant strength/recovery boost from 10mg of Turinabol over a six week cycle...

I'm the poster. For more research:

Google 'East Germany Turinabol'. They were giving their sprinters, for instance, only 10mg/day TBOL to male sprinters for similar protocols to the WLers. They didn't go over it because it had little effect vs. the increasing side effects. Then hit pubmed for further studies of Dianabol and Turinabol. Then sign up to GH15, or a similar site, and ask roiders what the 'athletic' doses of these drugs are.

The reason you get told you need 100mg of DBOL on the net is because bodybuilding clouds the issue. BBing doses, especially in an age that demands results immediately, are huge compared to athletic ones. Arnie/Franco were popping 20 5mg dbol a day, but Alexeyev - the GREAT Russian WLer - did cycles like I mentioned above. I've heard his was 20mg/day 2 weeks on/2 weeks off for 16-26 weeks per year. If you ever get into PLing you'll find many run similar doses in 'natty' competitions.

[By the way, if you get TBOL or DBOL make sure you're buying a quality product. Much is shit, but not as much as the BBing forums tell you. They're both very safe drugs at 'medical' doses (40 and under and cycled on/off responsibly.)

Just a query to add to this.
What would be a good way of transitioning into full oly training. I'm an intermediate level squatter, 1rm is a few kilos of a 2x bodyweight squat, so I don't think a begginers oly program would be adequate. I don't want to lose squat strength, preferably I'd want it to increase slowly. At the very least I'd want to maintain it. I was about to start a Greg nuckols 4 week intermediate cycle (2x bench, 2x squat, 1x deadlift). Logically to me it seems like I should build a 4 week oly cycle, while plugging in Greg nuckols 4 week 2x intermediate squat cycle.

Beginner olympic weightlifting programs are designed with the intention of building skill in the movements, so just because you have an intermediate level squat doesn't mean you shouldn't do a beginner weightlifting program. This program has plenty of volume in strength movements and the lifts. You can add more pressing work if you'd like.

>PCP
Nigga wtf

Looks like I could plug in the 2x squat quite easily. I've been squatting like an oly lifter, so won't need to change my squat luckily.

Fuck off nerd

youtube.com/watch?v=pt9qncyfUpo
Nice documentary to watch

Yeah I mean your squats should absolutely get stronger. 1 max effort back squat day, 1 max effort front squat day, and a volume back squat day is fine, you just add weight each week. You can replace the SLDLs on Saturday with conventional diddlys if you want to keep on deadlifting.

I'm thinking of plugging this in (without the low bar squat). Or the second one I'll post in a sec. Hope you can see it, may need to zoom in.

Another question. Don't you think it would be useful for me to cycle the Oly lifts just like my squat to vary volume and intensity? I can already clean 130 and push press 130, so doing volume with those lifts at 70% - 80% for technique is still taxing.

Second squat template.
The numbers are stock numbers, not my lifts.

knees of peace

>rep maxes

He means technical rep maxes. So about 2 reps before actual max.

And the following sets are are done at rep max but with lower reps. So after an 8rm, you do 3 sets of 5 reps @ 8rm.