Aaaarg when the fuck will my lower back heal?!? All I've done for months is 3x5 bench and pulls ups...

Aaaarg when the fuck will my lower back heal?!? All I've done for months is 3x5 bench and pulls ups. My total has probably dropped by like 20%.

/angry gym posting

X ray showed nothing either

Just give it time mate. I fucked my shoulder twice this year, went from almost getting 1/2/3/4 to basically beginner level.
You just have to roll with the punches.

Feelsbadman

look user I went to snap city about 4 years ago doing strict OHP, no belt, leaned too far back. Xray shows nothing, stretching helps a bit with time, the main thing you will need to do is consistently stretch and ALWAYS sit with lower back support or you'll have shit days.

It will never fully heal, and everything that sounds like a quick fix (chiro, injections, etc.) is bullshit. Massage is OK for some relief.

That said, I squat 450/deadlift 540 in spite of this injury. Just wear a proper belt whenever doing compounds (including bench).

Good luck, injuries come with lifting. Most people experience them to some degree. Accept it and keep moving forward with what's in your control.

Should I just ignore it and continue powerlifting?

No. Powerlifting isn't the end all be all in fitness. Don't be deluded

No but I enjoy it

If you're talking about quitting completely, it's your call, I'm doing it while I can. Depends how important it is to you. I enjoy it a lot.

I'm not recommending training through injury however, take it slow and you should know your body well enough to know when you're at high risk of re-injuring.

Every time I've tweaked my low back following this injury, I've taken a month-2 moths off and I start again with about 50% weights and slowly work my way back up.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY THE FUCK DO I STILL HAVE BITCH TIPS I GOT MIRED ON MY ARMS AND SHOULDERS TODAY YET THESE STUPID FUCKING MOUNDS ARE STILL THERE AND THEY RUIN MY PHYSIQUE IN ANY FUCKING SHIRT SWEATER JACKET ANYTHING YOU CAN FUCKING IMAGINE THAT GOES ON YOUR TORSO I WANT TO WEAR FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I'M SO FUCKING CLOSE TO JUT GETTING THE KNIFE AND SLICING THEM OFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also, try a stretch where one hand holds something high, like the top of a bedroom door, or something more stable (top of fridge, etc.). Don't reef on it, but slowly push your hip out and move your other hand down. This isn't the best explanation but it's pretty intuitive and I've found this to be a solid low back stretch, worth a try.

Do a martial art

>bench pressing with lower back pain
kek, I hope by "bench" you mean feet up because otherwise you are destroying your posterior chain with shearing force.

... these are the only 2 workouts I do. Is that bad?

Why would there be a sheer force?

Well you're missing legs

Bench press arch produces shearing force on lower spine.

It is not dangerous for a healthy individual (as its not significant) but it could still be problematic for someone with an active injury and delay healing.

Well Im not gunna stop doing the only excersize I can because there might be a small sheer force

I know hurdur bad legs is a meme for lazy people that don't like squats but my right knee is disaligned and I can't go past 2 plates. Deadlifting is basically impossible too

Do it with your feet up or do floor presses and it should be fine. I had the same problem and you just end up delaying healing.

This kinda makes me happy cause he probably gained that weight after getting on meds. Graduation is a top tier workout album, I need Ye happy again.

then why on earth would it be bad that you don't squat

It's not, aside from lower body though, is there anything thats being neglected from just doing Bench, Chins, Accessories and abs?

maybe add seated OHP

and bench-assisted DB rows

Go to a gym with a prowler so you can do legs

Thanks guys. I already do standing OHP (forgot to mention it) but it seems like its time to add in some rows.

This is a really good idea, thanks

I fucked up my back pretty badly many years ago and didn't treat it. Now, I have about annually recurring spinal disc hernias. It fucking sucks and it's extremely painful. Also, like the other user said, you're back will never be as good as it was before. You don't really notice it when you're in your 20s, but in the later half of your 30s you'll definitely notice it (standing up hurts, cannot bend down to put on your socks and shoes, sitting long time hurts, etc.).

>wearing belt during deadlift

how do you guys do it? the belt usually either hits my hips or my thorax

should have bought a manlet belt

I'm 6'1

Finally got to see a guy who wasn't completely useless yesterday and found out I've got a ql tear. It's already been a couple of months buy at least I'm on the road back now.

Odds are have the worlds shortest torso or you're wearing it really weirdly.

I use a 3" blet for pulling. rip recommends it (for some people)

FELLOW SHORT TORSO BRO

it takes months, specially if you feel this almost at the first time

there is "spots" in your foot that are feel extremetly painful if you massage them. now find them, massage them for 1min but not too exessive, just that you are comfortable with the pain. the painful spots are often found between something, like areas between tendons

do not overstress it, but i know you will if you are like me, so you get used to fucking yourself up and eventually drop some compunds for longer of time and focus on smaller movements for the time being