Cold showers

Guys, are cold showers actually useful (testosterone and shit) or is just another meme?

I always start my shower at a moderate temperature and gradually lower it until I spend my last minutes in with some cold-ass water to simulate an ice bath post-training.

Mainly placebo , but placebo aren't bad and can help people improve themselves , look at nofap .

Is just like to know how many of these homosexuals that claim to take the cold shower are doing it in winter when it’s freezing and early in the morning, no heating etc. My guess is zero.

Cold water has its place but it’s not the be all. If you don’t take them your life won’t be markedly better or worse.

if i start hot then make it cold do the effects cancel out?

i take a cold shower every morning and have been for the past 2 years. i live in ontario canada where all our water comes from lake superior, the second largest lake in the world and known for extremely cold water, yes even in the winter. stop being a little bitch

no, you get both effects

>frees up the mind

people will take this infographic seriously

I can do that easy. The cold water is only painful at first, your body adapts to it pretty quickly. Stop being such a pussy.

>hot water opens pores
>cold water tightens skin
which will make my skin not shit?

It's good for you, makes you less likely to catch a cold.

Both.

I think cold showers are better. They help you recover AND they give you will power (which is the only noticeable thing if you ask me)

I definitely notice a positive difference in my hair and skin

>opens pores

open pores better for cleaning closed pores better for staying clean

I just give it a cold blast at the end.

Its a meme. Neither this nor nofap works

I've ran multiple weeks of training cycles doing the same intensity, same exercises for each and same post-workout stretch routine but one included 15 mins hot tub followed by 15 mins ice cold shower.

My recovery was lightyears faster on the hot->cold weeks compared to just taking a shower like I'd usually do.

Now I've gotten to the point where if I skip doing something like 5 minutes blistering hot 5 minutes frosty cold shower my muscles are just absolutely fucked the day after and I need a full extra recovery day.

cold showers sounded ridiculous to me until I learned that most of you guys gradually make the water colder until it's at its coldest setting. I've been doing it that way for a couple weeks and it's much more tolerable than jumping into an ice cold shower dry.

You take cold showers so you can call those who don't pussy? That's pretty pathetic

cold showers if i'm coming back from a run or hard lifting session, hot water all other times

Neither all science/medicine says lukewarm water is best.

Hot will damage your skin, cold won't clean you.