A new standard

We throw around 1/2/3/4 as a generic standard. I propose 1/1.5/2/2.5 times bodyweight. Discuss

>93 kg ohp
>136.5 kg bench
>186 kg squat
>229.5 kg diddly
Yep, new goal

those numbers are advanced while 1/2/3/4 is intermediate

intermediate is generic, whats your problem?

I mean it'd make more sense, 2pl8 bench is trivial to 7 feet fatties but skinny manlets might struggle with it for their whole lives

>ohp 240lbs

wew lad

fatass

No problem, just thinking in terms of something that would make sense all around for everyone instead of something that doesn't take into account weight if each individual

It'd have to be 0.75/1.25/1.75/2.25

Incidentally for someone who weights 80kg this would be exactly 1/2/3/4

>1x bodyweight OHP
>105kg weightclass

J U S T
U
S
T

Nope. I hit 1/2/3/4 at 150lbs. All the other scrawny fuckers like me need to do it too.

Good job, but what about people who weigh more? I hit it as well at 170.

Relative strength doesnt make much sense either as some manlet already has a 1x bw ohp once hes able to ohp the bar

Let's stick to realistic metaphors

There's absolutely no person on earth who weights 20kg and OHPs 20kg

for reference on average an 8 years old boy weights 20kg

For 1RMs or for reps?

Advanced seems pretty generous.
For example, I weigh 175lbs and my lifts are as follows -
OHP: 180x5
Bench: 265x5
Squat: 360x5
Deadlift: 430x5
No one I know considers my lifts to be advanced, but all of them fit within the OP's proposed criteria.

those lifts are advanced for your bodyweight though

Literally every other time of posted those on Veeky Forums people have claimed it's just solid intermediate
Is there some objective standard by which these things are measured? Are people just throwing this shit out there arbitrarily?

wilks score is probably the most objective but there is no 100% objective way

your bench and ohp are advanced and squat and ohp are intermediate also, so your not all one or the other

>Veeky Forums people have claimed it's just solid intermediate

Dude. Name the last time you genuinely saw someone in a thread say something complimentary or pat someone on the back for their lifts (save for homos in cbts). Everyone swings their dick around to 1 up whatever you do on this site whether they are being honest or not. Your numbers are good. Probably better than 99%.

You know I thought about that as soon as I posted and I honestly don't know. A generic 1/2/3/4 doesn't seem as impressive for a heavier guy, but those body weight benchmarks don't seem that impressive for the lighter guy either. I dunno. I'm just going to keep lifting and worry more about progress than pl8s.

use symmetric strength and go by their standards. Everybody on Veeky Forums will shit on you unless you are at elite level lifts in under 5 years 100% natty.

Pro miler Joe Falcon could bench 290 at 130. Weight is no excuse.

Those are good standards, but conventional barbell is about to go the way of the dinosaur.

Unconventional barbell/calisthenics are really growing and will only continue to do so as YouTube celeries adapt their content

Your second point might be true but not the first

This seems to be a trend more than a fad. I don't see it dying out since it is an objectively superior methodology

It allows people to have lifts more persoinalized to their goals, creates a sense of agency, and allows them to do lifts that "feel better"

On top of that, the system incentivizes lifters to do this. You can better create a name for yourself and are easier to remember. This allows you to specialize and give better advice as well.
As far as those lifting standards go-they are in favor of smaller lifters.

>fatties btfo

this, 1xBW OHP is really hard unless youre a turbomanlet

Veeky Forums lives in a magical fairy world where your average gym goer is a powerlifting youtube fitness personality

Yeah compared to people who lift as a job you're intermediate but you're gonna be hard pressed to find many people stronger than you at this point outside of more serious gyms.

heres a pic from symmetricstrength, all of your lifts are advanced. now fuck off

>1/2/3/4

Can anyone explain what this means to a brainlet?

Everyone is still going to B/S/D for eternity but yeah people are adding Jefferson deadlifts and shit like that to their routines for some variety.

my daughter can ohp the bar, she's 8 years old, 24 kg. better relative strength than most "men" on fit. really boggles my joggings.

1 pl8 overhead press, 2 pl8 bench, 3 pl8 squat, 4 pl8 deadlift.

amount of plates on ohp/bench/squat/deadlift. use google next time

thx m8s

That seems like a good goal to shoot for btw

>1x bodyweight OHP
>230 pounds OHP
Yeah no thanks, I'll go one step at a time thanks.

RIP lanklets

The true standard is 1/2/3/4 with a bodyfat at 15% or lower, if you're 30% bodyfat it doesn't count.

That's precisely why it's a good standard, it reveals that it's shitty to be heavy unless you are also insanely strong.

Pound for pound strength is the only thing that matters

>"Bench 420 lbs"

My 1RM bench is 30% above the average at my size and age who do strength training. I think it's 230. You're telling me it would be the same achievement to get 420 lb bench press and for a skeleton to lift 2pl8? You don't account for plateaus at all. Getting 420 lb bench press is not equivalent to a skeleton getting 2pl8.

I'm 6'8", ottermode/gym newbie kinda, by the time I reach 230lb OHP I'll probably weight 300

i think it'd be a better metric but your ratios need work I think. OHP would be super difficult to reach since the muscles are so much smaller than your leg muscles.