Catholicism: *Blocks your path*

Catholicism: *Blocks your path*
Calvinism: *Turns God into a mathematical object*
Lutheranism:JFMSU
Baptism: Act now and get your free ticket to heaven.
Anglicanism: *Blocks your path but without the pope*
>Pentacostals: Just demon-possess my shit up senpai
>Orthodox: the most perfect Christian doctrine possible

Any questions?

Attached: rkho47s6hi0y54v8m6.jpg (521x433, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dpWtczc5Ec0
youtube.com/watch?v=WMrbwJn3VWI
youtube.com/watch?v=lO15DLYehKw
oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>still believes in the trinity
>"perfect"
lmao

Why is it that the second you heretics see a miracle of God you instantly denounce it as the work of demons?

Attached: CsoO2DtUMAAWuqD.jpg (927x1200, 96K)

Because Pentecostals are a fucking joke.

Just one. You do know you're wasting your time arguing over who has the best interpretation of what is basically made up bullshit, right?

A joke that has rapidly spread throughout the world and infected the corpse of Catholicism. Meanwhile Orthodoxy continues to die off in the coldest regions of the world, losing more members than it gains because they're too cool for evangelization.

Attached: CsoO2ASVIAAlxuI.jpg (927x1200, 89K)

ET UNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM
ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

what kind of cheap miracles just happen on a daily basis to most of the members of one sect? And why would it just cause these people to spaz out? Pentacostalism is just a very impatient form of Christianity since its members expect signs to be given to them.

But a joke nonetheless. The power to speak in tongues was the miraculous ability to speak in other languages that the speaker themselves did not know, not holy gibberish from above. Linguists have studied videos of Pentocostals 'in the spirit', and they literally use the same grammar structure of their host language EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Dungeons and Dragons have a better understanding of what 'tongues' was then fucking Pentecostals, and that's ignoring those that take it a step further by poisoning themselves with snakes or denying the Trinity.

It sounds like you don't have a problem with Pentecostalism, but with people faking speaking in tongues. That's understandable, I don't like it either.

Attached: 1521073967207.jpg (640x640, 124K)

No, I have a problem with Pentocostals because its the epitome of false Christianity. Christianity is about doctrine and practice, not mystical signs and wonders or emotional states.

Everything the modern Church does wrong [focusing on 'being passionate about God' rather then gaining knowledge, becoming drunk on feelings and therapy sessions, cultivating ignorance and superstitions rather then seeking after righteousness] beings its culimation in the Pentecostal 'church', whose very basis is in mysticism and superstition. When Scripture speaks of people who crave after false signs and wonders, the fucking Pentocostals are the types of people they're talking about. Only people worse then Pentocostals are fucking Calvinists [though for different reasons]

>He rejects the trinity
Brainlet detected.

>"It was just a prank bro!"
Said no witness to the resurrection ever.

Attached: 1200px-Martirio_di_San_Pietro_September_2015-1a.jpg (1200x1602, 288K)

And the Orthodox just take everything wrong except in the opposite direction. So focused on rules and doctrine that they never bother to know God personally, so insular and uncaring that they don't even deem other people worthy of proselytizing to, and so doubtful of God's works that they treat God as if he doesn't even exist. Maybe Pentecostals don't get everything right, but they sure as heck are cleaning up after the Orthodoxy's mistakes.

Attached: 1515332602858.png (684x684, 209K)

No, that's Catholics and by extension most protestants. One of the benefits of Orthodoxy is its strong mystical tradition.

>One of the benefits of Orthodoxy is its strong mystical tradition.
Ah yes, your "mystical tradition". Is that your excuse for sitting there in the Slavic countries, putting no effort into reaching people elsewhere, because you need to remain "mystical"?

Attached: 1521087136946.jpg (630x884, 406K)

All of those witnesses are conveniently dead. All of their accounts are either in the Bible or in the traditions of your Church.

Very convenient for you and your church. Unfortunately for you, the rest of us aren't so gullible as to believe that this supposed resurrection actually happened.

>Catholicism: *Blocks your path*
>Calvinism: *Turns God into a mathematical object*
>Lutheranism:JFMSU
>Baptism: Act now and get your free ticket to heaven.
>Anglicanism: *Blocks your path but without the pope*
>Orthodox: the most perfect Christian doctrine possible

All devil worshipers.

youtube.com/watch?v=dpWtczc5Ec0

Attached: mosesbaal.png (1559x773, 1.38M)

I think by far the worst churches are the pre-trib dispensational ones, the Christian Zionists, and the judaized churches that observe Jewish holidays and laws.

Explain this post

That's Imperial Cult. He's a schizophrenic tripfag who makes videos that only make sense to him.

what does JFMSU mean?

are you kidding m8?

Attached: Fraser.jpg (289x174, 5K)

ah fuck I thought it was a jesus thing
damn my burger education

LEAVE ELFRIEDE OUT OF THIS

Orthodox is dying even in Slavic countries. True faith comes from the desire to know god, not having religion thrust upon you. I would rather share prayer with one person who chooses to find god than a church full of proddies that think going to church twice a year is acceptable, or a catholic praying to mary asking for help smuggling drugs, or a priest blessing a rifle before it's used to shoot civilians.

>Orthodox is dying even in Slavic countries
They are the only section of Christianity to be losing more members than it gains. Looking back at what the other user said:
>"Christianity is about doctrine and practice"
And that's just the problem. So many Christians, admittedly in all denominations, are more concerned with what the rules are than they are with getting to know God. The whole saying "it's about having a relationship with Jesus" is often mocked, but there's an element of truth to it.

Attached: 1521076455238.gif (320x240, 363K)

Jehovah's Witnesses have the most literal interpretation of the bible and probably one of the most strictest imo. I once told my grandmother that if God is an omnipotent, omniscient being, why the fuck can no one agree on how to interpret various scriptures?

How can evangelicals claim to follow the Bible yet ignore what Paul said about there being no distinction between Jews and gentiles, or that all those laws and rituals are obsolete due to Jesus?

Recomend me one book/text by a church father/orthoddox theologian that will give me the gist of it/convert me.

>implying the true faith is going to be popular in the endtimes.

Attached: 1489605818369.png (335x322, 210K)

>the endtimes are right around the corner for reals this time guys

>implying the faith that puts no effort into evangelizing is the true faith

Attached: Angel-anime-birds-girl-wings-hd-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1200, 276K)

>implying God doesn't know the hearts of all men
>implying he needs them to read a book for his sacrifice to be validated
>implying salvation is going to be a lottery

>rest of us
>implying atheists aren't just an annoying minority

Oh it's not just atheists that find the resurrection narrative doubtful and being annoying doesn't mean much when you're ultimately right about something.

>I can't prove God doesn't exist but I'm still right

You sound exactly like the theists you mock.

Protestants are a complete joke

The only protestants I have some respect for are hardcore baptists, because even though they ignore centuries of debate and knowledge passed down from people wiser and more qualified on the subject, at least they use logic and reason and try to be faithful to what is written in the bible. Even though they are silly like the rest of the protestants at least they're not hypocrites when it comes to interpreting the bible.

>ignoring the Great Commission because "lol God can do it for me"

Attached: anime_angel_wings_wallpapers_hd.jpg (1600x1200, 686K)

It's not about the existence of a deity or group thereof in general. I don't believe that either, but the specific claims made in the bible go a fair bit beyond a deity or group thereof simply existing. The resurrection in particular is so absurdly unlikely that if you seriously believe it happened you are intensely gullible.

Who /Holy Alliance/ here?

Attached: image.jpg (719x585, 262K)

Yeah m8, St. Peter really got a lot put of tricking the world. Or the other Apostles, being executed by the Roman State was such a great con.

Attached: peter.jpg (630x540, 116K)

My man!

You forgot the Church of the East.

>>they got killed so therefore the bullshit they were spouting wasn't bullshit.
lol

>any christian doctrine
>perfect
Why are christcucks so delusional?

Let's see

>cult forms
>gets killed
>cult beliefs die off

>Christians get killed
>beliefs get so strong they eventually convert the State persecuting them

Hmm?

Christianity wasn't the only cult that got a large following in Rome.

>Orthodox: gets coopte by Slavic Nationalist rhetoric and becomes a tool of Kremlin.

"Perfect."

copts are orthodox tho

>idol worshipping salvation earning crossbelly pagans
>the most perfect Christian doctrine possible

Christianity got lucky because Constantine's mother was a Christian. Even then the Roman empire only converted after a long period of subversion of other faiths and outright oppression and murder where that subversion failed.

Bullshit remains bullshit no matter how many people believe it.

Is this bait or what? Coptic Church isn't even called that.

popecuck idiot

From what I remember, a Coptic user denied that they were in full communion with the Orthodox church

Every denomination is batshit in its own special way. Pic related.

Attached: Christians.png (996x3150, 1.5M)

They aren't, but that will probably change soon. Up until fairly recently orthodox churches weren't even in communion with each other.

They aren't, and they aren't a separate church for that matter either, they are just the leaders like Britain and Anglicanism. It seems like they are called Orthodox now because of recognizing their similarities or ecumenism or something, but I'm pretty sure they have been detached for centuries and not in some 'half-communion'.

But that has nothing to do with it anyway as Church of the East does not refer to Copts or their Church.

>Breaks off from the church
>Empire is destroyed
What did God mean by this?

Attached: byzantine_empire_flag_by_fraztov-d9vdoqw.jpg (1094x730, 922K)

>breaks off from the church
>believers completely split
>the splits split
>the split split the split
>Gives into liberalism in a vain hope that people will care about them
>is a complete shadow of its former self
>Supports Muslims invading its "home"
What did God mean by this?

Attached: Flag_of_the_Papal_States.png (2000x1500, 260K)

Maybe because it ain't the real church?
>inb4 sedevacantism is schism

Probably because Jesus said the exact opposite.

>Explain this post

Nothing to explain that isn't clearly explained in the Bible.

Gospels clearly lay out the contract for following Moses: follow him and go to hell where you belong for rape, murder, vandalism, terror, genocide, theft, and high treason.

Jesus is God, not Moses Jr.. He clearly says Moses is a liar - anyone can lie.

youtube.com/watch?v=WMrbwJn3VWI

Attached: godlive2.png (717x1124, 108K)

>Complains about Orthodoxy not being mystical and personal enough
>Insults the mystic and personal tradition for being slothful

Attached: 1520567807120.png (800x800, 21K)

It should also be noted that the Church of the East is not considered Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox. Since that was the point.

>That's Imperial Cult. He's a schizophrenic tripfag who makes videos that only make sense to him.

When it comes to passanger airliners, you won't hire blind pilots with down syndrome - but when it comes to advice on theology - intergalactic superhuman beings - any old murderer off the street who said he talked to a burning bush will do.

youtube.com/watch?v=lO15DLYehKw

Attached: matter.png (1871x997, 818K)

Because only atheists believe a Jewish cult leader was probably not a resurrected Good man
>Atheists claim to know that God doesn't exist
>Someone claimed to witness miracles and died because their ideology was a threat to the current power structure so it must be true!
>A lot of people believe it despite being persecuted so it must be true!
Your mind is a special special place

God* man

>So many Christians, admittedly in all denominations, are more concerned with what the rules are than they are with getting to know God

If Hitchens was right about anything, he was right about his notion that religious people need to be told what to do, the need to have rules set out for them so they can absolve themselves out of responsibility of thinking about their actions.

As opposed to hedonist Trotskyite neo-cons. They are definitely the kind of people who have thought through things thoroughly.

Why do you feel the need to label people into movements? If they're not religious then they *have* to be some other sort of fanatics? Why is it so hard for you to imagine a normal person living his days on Earth peacefully, without their lives or morals being dictated by some authority, religious or otherwise?

>Why do you feel the need to label people into movements
My description of C. Hitchens' ideological commitments was purely factual and descriptive. If you think labels are unimportant try going into your medicine cabinet and removing them all from the bottles and enjoy the results.

It's telling that you would equate attitude to religion with medicine, probably some anti-depressants.

Labels are just another way of saying "words". Words are kind of important if you want to understand reality and not accidentally drink physical or ideological poison. CH drank plenty of both his whole life.

So you're attacking the person rather than the viewpoint. Understandable since it's obvious you can't refute the viewpoint.

Which of his idiotic viewpoints? The Marxism? The hedonism? Love of armchair military adventurism? Opposition to "religion" and "authority", which to him were merely synonyms for "that which I disagree with"?

Shit it's two forty and I have church tomorrow

>If Hitchens was right about anything, he was right about his notion that religious people need to be told what to do, the need to have rules set out for them so they can absolve themselves out of responsibility of thinking about their actions.

Why are you running away from it?

Ah, well first you need to define "religion"

No, I don't feel that need at all.

Have a nice day in your echo chamber then. Toodles

The extent to which you don't want to face criticism is funny.

You really don't

Attached: 800xex.jpg (600x421, 86K)

Nice argument, sectist

>Orthodox is dying
Imagine being this retarded. Orthodoxy is the fastest growing Christian denomination.

>arguing with heretics like p*ntecostals and pr*testants
>ever
why waste your time with people that can never be redeemed?

>Christianity is about doctrine and practice, not mystical signs and wonders or emotional states.
Not even Pentacostal but Christianity definitely involves signs and wonders, read Acts.

Reminder that Catholics are literal Satanists and the blood of Januarius has rejected the authority of the Vatican II popes and their Satanic orgies

In real world Orthodox are ghetto niggers that worship shiny objects.

>triggered pr-autist-ant detected
at least my church isnt in a sad, grey, undecorated box or in a community center. stay mad.

>claims to serve God
>actually serves the Tsar/General Secretary/President

>They don’t accept the Trinity as a mystery

It's literally losing more members than it gains, it's not "growing" at all. Actually Pentecostalism, funnily enough, is one of the fastest growing denominations.

Attached: 1521196268975.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

Then what's the point of having the Pauline epistles in the Bible?

Evangelical author and radio show host Hank "Bible Answer Man" Hanegraaff converted to Eastern Orthodoxy a year ago.

Attached: IMG_2674.jpg (375x500, 48K)

The Orthodox Way and The Orthodox Church by Kalistos Ware are great starting points.

If you want to even more in depth than try out the four volume "Orthodox Christianity" by Hilarion Alfeyev.

And if you want an online 4 volume work then try this link:
oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith

Horns comes from a mistranslation as horn and iluminated had the same meaning in Hebrew

>All of those Witnesses are conveniently dead
It was 2000 years ago, people die.
>All the accounts are in the Bible or the church traditions.
And? Your logic seems to just be "it's from the church and I don't like the church so it's obviously fake".

why do christians always fight over each other

you'd think christ would have wanted the path to salvation to be pretty clear