When is the HAES fad going to end?

tmz.com/2017/10/06/ralphie-may-dead/

>45
>pneumonia and heart attack

Before they reach 50 y/o

who?

he was a medium to low-high tier comic

he had gastric bypass surgery which brought him down to 350 pounds, but got fat again

>In 2015 he and his wife Lahna Turner, also a comedian, filed for divorce. Ralphie was devastated by the split and the ensuing custody battle over their 2 kids, April June May and August James May.

>2 kids
>april june may
>august james may
>not march april may

How fucking pathetic can you get? Do these people just hate self control?

It's an addiction.

Something fucked up happened to him that made him go to food for comfort.

It's like being a heroin addict with the endorphin rush, but if you needed to have small doses of heroin 3 times a day to survive.

>Something fucked up happened to him

Not necessarily, could definitely just be bad habits formed since youth. Parents gave him anything he wanted so he wouldn't be fussy, alone at home all the time and junk food gave him comfort, shit like that. At least that's how I ballooned up to 325. Down to a fat-strong 195 now.

My theory is you can get up to 350lbs with just bad habits. I myself got to around 300lbs because of a big mix of bad habits (high stress job, lack of sleep, eating bad food, irregular eating, etc).

I would sometimes eat until I was sick just trying to get some energy to stay conscious and not hungry, eating terrible shit like chips, cookies, etc.

Ralphie May weighed 800lbs, which means he was eating 7000 calories per day just to maintain his weight

You don't get THAT fat and eat that much food without serious psychological issues.

Fpbp

Though to be fair to Ralphie, at least he put forth a half hearted effort. He wasn't HAES himself, though I get OPs point.

Also just look at comedians in general.

The vast majority of them are alcoholics, drug addicts, sex addicts, etc. It's a pretty cutthroat business and there's a lot of self medication that happens when you bomb.

>You don't get THAT fat and eat that much food without serious psychological issues.

Are all cases of addiction necessarily linked to underlying psychological issues?

I'm sure there are some people who get hooked on opiods from being overprescribed, but those are actually physically addictive.

But most addicts I've talked to (I used to do community outreach as a teenager) and seen stories from have some horrible backstory with abuse, molestation, rape, etc and they self medicate

Picture unrelated ;_;

>but those are actually physically addictive.

Implying sugar and sugar like carbs aren't? If you've got some sort of neurotransmitter imbalance and some other crappy habits I wouldn't be surprised if it was determined that your addiction actually started more or less purely physically.

I used to have more or less uncontrollable cravings for bread in the late evening which lead me to eat half a loaf in 15 minutes. I wasn't eating that shit for comfort. I was more or less malnourished and had cravings.

(Damn man, I miss Patrice.)

Umm sorry sweetie but pneumonia is not caused by obesity

obesity compromises your whole immunity. ya sure he died of pneumonia but he only got it so severely because of his shit health.

>April June May

so there's a chance boogie will still die

Feel bad for these people. Being fat becomes their identity and losing it means they lose their stchick.

We've come really far to be able and keep people of this weight around for nearly 50years. This shit shouldn't exist to 40.

>those names.