/fat/ another day another calorie underestimate

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/(complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html(simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Join the official /fat/ discord
discord.gg/VkBqy5p

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gotclicks1.com/GRcEcfd26VdW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ABOUT THOSE CHEAT MEALS...

Is there point at which you see a huge change, weight loss wise?

I'm 60 lbs down and it's a little noticeable, but I'm starting to buy some new clothes. Will my belly begin shrinking rapidly as I lower my body fat?

I would say I'm 15-20 lbs from a healthy BMI but I know I have to go lower than that to get rid of fat.

Moms in town. Her amazing cooking is what made me fat. It’s gonna be 4 days of hard mode portion control and I already failed day 1 hard

You should cook for her this time, dummy

>cheat timeline

>laying in bed on your phone
>arm wresting on hip with hand on your dick
>hip bone feels noticeably defined
>we're all gonna make it

I've been doing low calorie diet for over a year now, dropped from 210 to 165 currently.

One thing I've noticed helps get me through sticking points, is after every 5 weeks or so of cutting hard at 1800 calories, I'll have one week of 3500 calories. This so cheat week is planned, pretty much all clean food, I just increase my protein from 150gr to 220gr carbs from 150gr to 400gr and fats from 50gr to 100gr.

This helps reset my metabolism, usually during this week I'll put back on most of the muscle loss that occurred during the previous 5 weeks. Although I do gain about 4-5 lb of water weight from the increased food intake, I find after going back to cutting calories, my net weight gain is about 1.5 lb of lean muscle mass.

Although having refeeds does slow down weight loss, I feel it is extremely efficient in terms of recomping body composition. Your body is in the caloric deficit for 5 weeks, and as your metabolism slowly grinds to a halt, you have one full week of caloric surplus. This signals to your body that you aren't starving so it revs up the metabolism to near optimal levels.

Overall I'm still in a caloric deficit, assuming maintainance is about 2650 calories, I run an 850 deficit for 5 weeks straight, followed by one week of 850 surplus.

The refeed week also allows you to focus on psychological and pysiological recovery, preparing you for the next cutting period.
Compare the above to cutting for long periods of time at a set calorie limit: your metabolism adapts as your body finds a new equilibrium.

Not all of us... but the few strongest of us will make it.

gotclicks1.com/GRcEcfd26VdW

calories don't count for shit lol
jason fung google it
less calories, less weight you lose over time
stop with the calorie shit it's been disproven for over 50 years

pls elaborate. I have been successful with calorie counting but i do feel like it has some sort of diminishing returns (either that or me becoming increasingly worse at counting them)

Hes full of shit.

just accept the fact losing weight is uncomfortable an try to get through it as soon as you can.

Depends how tall you are.

I'm 5'8 and every pound is noticeable

Fat retention is a function of when your insulin spikes

no, youll always look fat

Diet soda is ok right?

Its just shitty when you use food as a stimulant/escape.

The feeling of going to a restaurant or eating a big meal has been one of the few consistant sources of happiness in my life.

Still trucking, but it sucks.

He's bullshitting you mate

Yeah that's not good advice, fat people have to diet for the rest of their lives to stay healthy. If you were never fat you can eat more than a person who was previously fat by as many as 1000 to 1500 calories per day and not gain.

This is our struggle and our punishment.

so what should i do? fasting?

That's what Jason Fung recommends to lose weight

A ketogenic diet works similarly but it's actually harder to limit yourself to a select group of foods than eat nothing at all.

Diet normally and spend an hour a day (at least 30 minutes) just walking around (treadmill or your neighborhood). Your body cannot lower your metabolism if you exercise regularly.

Eat less and do more

Count your calories.

Fasting is a good tool if you don't have any willpower. But don't buy into that keto BS. I'm almost certain there are people being paid to shill it on Veeky Forums.

Calories definitely still work.

let Y(t) be weight , t is time. dY/dt is a positive valued function describing weightloss, d(dY/dt)/dt however is a negative function describing metabolism.

Simply put: for any caloric deficit, your weight loss, dY/dt, will always be a positive number, but over time as your metabolism gets gets worse, dY/dt will approach zero, due to the area under the integral for the negative valued function d(dY/dt)/dt.

My point was that you can reset the second derivative back to its maximal value by applying a caloric surplus, without effecting the first derivative as significantly. This is because the pathway matters and also due to the fact that dY is an inexact differential with respect to dt, the time differential, and dC, the calorie differential.

Basically maximizing weightloss requires the analysis of the 3D surface and the complex valued plot based on the rheology of the variables dV, dC, dt.

well thats bullshit

Ketosis is a legitimate biological process and it's been around for years, mostly used by people with diabetes to improve their health.

The difference in fat burned between eating 1200 calories of protein and fats and eating 1200 calories of protein, fats, and carbs may be negligible, but at the very least, limiting carbohydrate and sugar consumption will lower your blood sugar and keep your appetite down.

Ketosis isn't a fad diet like a lot of other things you might here, it does have a basis in hard science.

No it's not. When your body eats under the calorie limit for long periods of time, it makes changes to lower energy usage as best as it can. It cannot do that when you force your body to use energy during exercise.

STOP EATING

I don't really have anything to do on my off time now that I stopped drinking and partying to cut weight. Anime, tv, and video games just make me bored now and I don't get a chance to play MTG regularly anymore.

Should I pick up a music instrument so I have something to entertain myself for those periods between not working and not being at the gym

>gained 5 pounds last month
>lost 5 pounds so far this month

feels like a wasted month desu

It sounds like that's what you want to do, so yes.

I had to stop meal prepping. I would cook chicken meals "for 4 days" and end up eating it in 2

So by having a positive dC/dt for a limited time, you can hike your metabolism back up by which d(dY/dt)/dt becomes positive for a time. But even if you can make d(dY/dt)/dt positive, d(d(dY/dt)/dt)/dt is always negative no matter what, and you will always have to have occasionally, periodic positive dC/dt.

However, you can maximize the third derivative by making sure dC/dt follows a sinusoidal pathway, which in turn should maximize dY/dt, assuming a positive dY/dt equals wight loss rather than weigh gain (personally I would redefine that as negative, but for the sake of consistency).

I thought Keto was dangerous for diabetics because they can't regulate the PH of their blood as efficiently as healthy people?

fucking awful advice. eating healthy and exercising should be a lifestyle change. this is why fatties fail crash diets and relapse because they learn nothing

It's unhealthy over extended periods of time, but that's true whether your have diabetes of not. Keto will reduce high blood sugar which is essential for diabetics to prevent blood clotting.

your body always adjusts. not to the extreme that some people say it does, but it burns less calories even if you exercise

Currently binging on 3000+ kcal of taco bell because 36 hour fast. I'm taking extreme measures to try and make taco bell taste bad to me because it's the only fat food I still enjoy. Kicked coke, kicked hardee's, kicked dairy queen, kicked hot pockets and microwave burritos, kicked alcohol, but taco bell just can't taste bad to me

How do you make something taste bad user?

You fasted for no reason.

Abstain for months and try it again. If that fails, binge+purge until you associate the taste of that food with vomit. Never had to go beyond that measure for anything besides taco bell.
I'm tall and fat, so my tdee is about 2800 per day.

Not him but this is how you spot someone that doesn't know shit

Yea. I'm not too sure about sinusoidal functions, because I haven't taken a signals class; however I agree with your premise, there is a cyclical nature to dC/dt to maximize weightloss. I was thinking of it more in terms of partial differentials similar to how in Chemistry we have state functions (Eg. Enthalpy, Internal Energy, Entropy) vs non state functions (work and heat).

I defined Y as weight, and dY/dt as rate of change of weight with respect to dt, so thats why I don't add any negatives. To keep things easier to understand I keep my reference point the same.

I'm assuming that the function and its implications are true for both positive and negative rates of change (positive would be weight gain, and negative would signifiy weight loss), just that the limits may or may not be different based on metabolic factors.

Also the function described only accounts for total weight loss; if we look more specifically at lean body composition, we know that certain caloric ranges are optimal for increasing lean bodymass while minimizing fatloss.

What this autist is trying to say is that you'll start losing weight faster if you take a few cheat days to "reset your metabolism" after cutting for an extended period of time and see that you're losing weight slower despite the same calorie deficit. Over time, you'll make up for the extra calories eaten.

forgot to give you your (you)

Apologies for any mistakes in derivation, I blame lack of sleep.

good in theory, except to lose weight, you've got to eat under TDEE which means it will be uncomfortable due to hunger pains at points through out the day

once you're at desired weight, then its easier to eat healthy and exercise while eating at TDEE

>it will be uncomfortable due to hunger pains throughout the day

Is this what fatties actually believe? I've been at an 800cal deficit for months, and although I've skipped snacking every time I'm slightly hungry I wouldn't even go so far as to call that uncomfortable.

>lost 30 pounds so far
>tfw can actually see my collar bone
>tfw can feel and see the veins under my forearm
>tfw two more notches on my belt
>tfw can see ribs when i stretch

when you are really fat it's like a constant pain in you guts until you adjust your body.
don't be retarded and go try impress your gf instead of us :^)

Fat people are used to calm the hunger whenever present. Like scratching an itch. And when you're used to paying attention to your urges and act on them, all you do in the beginning is pay attention to them and actively not acting on them - always.
While it takes a while before start not noticing it, discipline and virtue isn't what fats are known for.

If you have something else to do when you start to notice hunger, it wont be so bad. If you sit around doing nothing, and the only signal your consciousness thinks about is sadness, despair and hunger - of course you want to stop those. Those are not good feelings.

ate two small slices of pizza ,i dont think ill ever cheat again.

>about two weeks into cutting
>going strong so far, exercises regularly
>grandma comes to visit
>whips out shitloads of food in microseconds
>also happened to bring shitloads of candy for some reason

Dear Lord forgive me, for I am being tested

3 liters of beer is 1290 kcal?!
Holy hell. And I can consume twice that and more on a binge..
Here I was thinking I did not do awfully horrible yesterday when I drank those 3 liters of beer and skipped dinner due to no hunger.

Never again - hah....

>about 1 week in
>dont crave anything anymore
>can barely finish a small plate
>dont miss soda
>dont miss candy
>tried buying some shitty food to test the waters and could barely finish, felt particulary bad afterwards [almost puked in the middle of the street]

Am I in the right direction fatbros?

I have 1 dnp cap left from a cut 6 months ago. Think I should take it and water fast to get into ketosis faster?

went shopping hungry after gym, bought way to much food. now i have to spread it out over days temping me all the time.

need more fat wojaks please

don't worry many new ones in production

donna make quick dump to increas criculation

Been doing my diet for about a week now. Just eating fruit/veg and chicken and egg. Only drinking water.

Hip bones and ribs are sticking out now, feels weird when I touch them. Prefer the warm, soft fat feeling it use to be

I had 4 slices of pizza last night, but I didn't eat anything else that day.
It's also been over 24 hours since I last ate.

are you the guy from yesterday evening ? if so go for sticking to 4 like you said.

Not him.
I went to my in laws house last night, trying to cap myself to 1,000kcal.

I'm 4 months in, 24kg down.
82kg.

thats pretty good for 4 months. what's the goal weight ?

/r/ing wojak reading "six day abs"

Originally 85kg.
Next goal is 80, probably gonna get to 75.

like him doing a prgram or ad?

no, it's a picture someone already made

a very serious looking fat wojak reading "six day abs" with his reading glasses on

ahh ok haven't seen that one than

what kind of lifts should I do if I just wanna burn maximum calories
im unemployed now and hitting the gym almost daily, I need something to do after exhausting myself on the bike

>lifting after cardio

You really don't give a shit, huh?

for most the difference is minimal,

I just gotta shed my disgusting grub flesh while I can dog, im gonna have a fraction of this motivation and time in a few months. if i do well i can think about building muscle after that

cmon you fat shits help me out

Show me your break/fat/!

>as your metabolism gets gets worse

You mean better, as it adopts to sustaining you with less.

play mtgo