Is drinking bad for you in moderate amounts (ie, 2 drinks)?

Is drinking bad for you in moderate amounts (ie, 2 drinks)?

Yes

Rip in peacies

yes alcohol is literally considered poison by the body, any dosage is terrible, and if you're drinking beer made from like hops, if you believe in the soy makes you feminine meme, it's actually true for beer since the phytoestrogen content is like 10x of soy

Drinking is empty calories, don't do it dawg

Red wine is good for you. Actually makes you live longer.

Our entire species has been drinking alcohol for thousands of years. Most of us have enzymes that developed just for processing alcohol. A few drinks with your friends or even getting drunk every so often is fine.

Other things associated with red wine, like the mediterranean diet, are good for you.

Most studies with moderate red wine consumption just show a correlation with certain health benefits. The actual alcohol in the wine is a total gains killer though. I'm not saying don't drink alcohol, but to say a kind of alcohol is only good for you is ridiculous.
That user didn't say not to drink at all. If you do drink it's not good to pretend it's not affecting you negatively.

Literally everything fun in life effects you negatively so who cares

Brb, gonna wear sunscreen every time I go outside
Brb, never gonna drink or do drugs again, not even once
Brb, gonna get a full 9 hours of sleep every night for the rest of my life
Brb, gonna eat nothing but chicken, rice, fish, and veggies for the rest of my life. God forbid I have a cookie or go out with my gf for ice cream!

No ones telling you how to live your life. OP asked if drinking was bad and it is. I never said not to do it. I myself drink once in a while and smoke weed sometimes.

what the fuck, TEN TIMES?

What is even the point of this thread, of course drinking is bad. Everyone knows that

I disagree with that other poster who implied it can be bad in extreme moderation like in OP's example. I honestly think two drinks every so often is so relatively innocuous compared to actual drinking or drug use, that the health drawbacks that come with it are practically nonexistent.

The entire species? I thought feather indians didnt have alcohol

red wine is only alright because of the antioxidant content, and since they're correlation studies, it's very likely that the wine they're drinking is the only major source of antioxidants they're getting as the average person does not eat much fruits and vegetables at all

so knowing this fact, it has nothing to do with the alcohol content at all but the antioxidant content, which you can get by just eating fruits and vegetables

there really isn't any good reason to drink alcohol healthwise at all

Ive avoided soy for years

how could this happen to me

Reading comprehension

you listened to the memes instead of doing any research rip

the only studies that show soy causing any feminizing effect are studies on people that ate like 20+ servings a day and drank soy milk like it was water so as long as you eat like 2-3 servings occasionally it should not have any negative effects

>extreme moderation
>2 drinks

Without specifying otherwise, we have to assume he means 2 drinks a day. That's not all that moderate.

i meant 2 a week

Actually the study was done in the context of the French high satfat diet and their healthy hearts in spite of this,
But the amount needed for the benefits to outweigh the drawbacks is like half a glass 3/4 times a week which nobody drinks like

yeah hops has a specific type of phytoestrogen called 8-Prenylnaringenin and 10 times is actually a conservative number, it can be as high as 100x

Just FUCK my shit up