How do I fix acne?

How do I fix acne?

>salacylic acid isn't working
>changing my bedsheets weekly isn't working
>heard accutane will make me go bald

benzoyl peroxide?

How hard is your water?

Recently moved, again, and this place has hard water.

Went from clear skin to late teen acne. Only difference is the quality of water. Tempted to use a water softener system, but I'm a cheap bastard and I don't want to buy water softener salt.

If I stick to nothing but cold showers my skin clears up, but I'm talking cold from start to finish. Unfortunately, I didn't have to take ice cold showers at my old house to solve this problem.

However, thankfully for me, I don't really care if I have acne unless an event is coming up. I can usually clear up in 2-3 days with nothing but ice cold showers.

Fuck nasty well water. Shit even smells bad. So bad in fact I get drinking water elsewhere.

going out in the sun this summer cured my bacne

This

I've been on benzoyl peroxide, and antibiotics for months to no avail, im going accutane this week

cut dairy?

What do you anons think of this?

keto helped me with mine

>cystic acne, antibiotics haven't helped so far
>last option is accutane
>just said fuck it and started eating tons of dairy to bulk up
I'm gonna be fucking huge first and then I'll try to clear up on my cut.

How can I fix the acne scarring? mines almost completely gone now due to some dope as fuck anitbiotics but its scarring and ims cared fit hold me

I've tried these with some success
>vitamin b5 (6-10g a day)
>benzoyl peroxide 5% on the spots themselves
>sudocreme on red marks left behind
also drink lots of water and eat clean

this or sunbeds help body acne
same

Help guys

My doctor said I have inflammatory acne with no cysts and nodules. Gave me antibiotics and meme creams.

Will it work ?

I have pretty clean diet
>chicken and rice for lunch and dinner, oatmeal for breakfast wash my face, moisturizing my face every day
>Still have acne

Dermatologist it is

i took accutane in the late 90's ,but i regret it now!

look into Azeleic acid. i have a few tubes ..it's expensive as shit ,but works very well. do you have insurance?

Why do you regret it ?

Did you go bald ?

Baldness is common in my family, I've been on 2 medium dose courses and I'm still got a full mop at 26. Very thankful

Had really bad cystic acne for almost all of my teens and early 20's. I was using OTC salacyclic acid and benzoyl peroxide stuff but it didn't help and it took the "glow" out of my skin.

Finally went to a dermatologist six months ago. They put me on an OTC face wash 2x/day and Tazorac face cream before bed.

I look pretty clear now, so I guess the Tazorac did its job. My advice is to just visit a dermatologist if you can at all afford it.

Fuck mate, changing your bedsheets weekly, if not biweekly, is something you should be doing anyway.

What helped me a great deal is changing my pillow's sheet every day. Other people tend to put a fresh towel over their pillow every day instead.

Just pull the trigger and get on accutane.

I fucking wish I started taking it instead of antibiotics and other crap that made it worse. Just fucking do it if you don't want to end up with scars and PIE or PIH. Accutane sides are severely overhyped.

After reaching your cumulative dosage (120-150mg/kg bodyweight) there's a good chance you won't have persistent acne ever again.
Don't make the same mistake as I did.

Quit wanking

cut fatty salty foods
drink water
stop washing face with products/using products
>call outta work for 1 week
>stop using salycylic
>switch to plain soap like ivory soap (not something like irish spring which robs you of natural oils) and wash upon rising and when sleeping
>skin is gonna get greasy before it clears up
>let your skin be greasy and if it bothers you, just wash your face ever now and again with just water
>do not rub your face with a towel, you'll scrape the natural oil off
>just pat it dry
>eventually, you level off
>less oil is being secreted

chemicals and washes send signals that the skin is raw and needs protective oil. just let the natural oil be there, have a good diet, and possibly smoke marijuana. marijuana is amazing for skin.

>i have used tazorac, salycylic, and etc. my sister did accutane. don't fuck with that garbage.

Try Lysergic acid diethylamide

Give me stats acne at what age, what parts of the body, type of acne and I'll help you out.

Antibiotics (doxycycline/minocycline) are only temporary fixes your acne will come back if it wasn't just a "phase" determine whether its PIH or actual acne scarring. reddit/skincareaddiction check it out.

name the creams please, antibiotics as I said before is temporary relief not a permanent solution.

Face
Cystic I suppose. I see those white tips on those red blemishes

No studies have been made to show a correlation

What's the verdict on ivory soap brands. Do any work? At first glance I thought it was on part with Irish Spring as I couldn't make heads or tails of the damn ingredients. Also should you lather your whole body up or just take care of the odor? Thanks.

>Accutane
>AHA/BHA peels
>Retinol & Retinoids
>Birth Control
>Water/Shower filters

Don't spend anymore money OP, going full-Keto has totally eradicated my acne. My diet consists of meat, vegetables, berries, butter, double cream, cheese and water. I've never been in better shape.

Cardio. You need to sweat more.

I thought soap was bad for the face

Man put a little money into your water. Salt lasts awhile and isn't that expensive. Plus you could benefit from some filters. My grandma has well water that's nasty as fuck, but once it runs through the whole house filter and the fridge filter it tastes fine

All you damn meme'rs just go to leddit r/skincareaddiction and drop $50 dollars on what they recommend for a basic routine, your skin will be soft as fuck and your acne will go down if not disappear altogether. You will at least need a good cleanser, chemical exfoliate, and moisturizer. Also strongly consider buying a facial sunscreen.

Changing your pillowcase/drinking lots of water doesn't do shit it's just what people with genetically perfect skin (and often terrible diet and skincare routines) tell to people who have hormonal acne and bad skin genetics.

get the doc
internet advice on acne is worthelss

I started GOMAD a while ago and got acne on my shoulders

Worked for me desu, still have my hair tho

>tfw didn't use accutane when my acne started at 14 instead only used creams
>tfw scared for life
JUST

Depends on type of acne you have and skin type.. dry, oily, combination.

post pic

Went to a dermatologist on a particularly bad week before I went back to uni. That faggot told me I was "an acne emergency," and that I needed to go on accutane. Thing is, I called bullshit on that because I've had really good weeks, and it gets better while at uni so I'm sure it's mostly something at home. However, I still get face redness, whiteheads along my lower chin, and stuff on my temples. After a few days of taking cold showers (which I do anyways daily) and moisturizing, my face forward up besides those areas. Since I no longer trust that dermatologist, what else is there to do? I already use benzoyl in the mornings. Any more and it'll make it worse from irritation. Mostly just the redness is what annoys me.

CLEANSE WITH LOWER PH CLEANSER
APPLY PH CLARIFYING TONER
AHA
BHA
WAIT 20 MINUTES
ANY OTHER HYDRATING LAYERS
THEN MOISTURISER

For people in the US, an example.
>Cerave hydrating cleanser (dry skin) or Cerave foaming cleanse (oily skin)
This cleanser is already at the right ph so you don’t need a toner
>Stridex Salicylic acid pads
It’s in the red box. Just wipe pad over your face, gently.
>wait 20 minutes
>The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid serum
This is a hydrating layer, you can have as many as you want depending on what benefits you are looking for. I like hyaluronic acid simply for extra moisture.
>Cerave PM moisturizer

Then repeat every morning and evening. Check the ph of your products. Stop touching your face. Drink lots of water.

Before doing any of this shit, run up to walmart or wherever the fuck, and buy "epsom salt". Take 2 or 3 epsom salt baths a week.

>I can't take baths
Okay, then fill up a bottle of body wash about 1/3 with epsom salt and the rest with bodywash. Use that. Wet yourself, turn off the shower, and scrub yourself. The water being off lets the wash sit and soak on your slin without it getting washed off. This will make your skin better I promise.

>>heard accutane will make me go bald
I dunno man, was taking accutane for 6 months, my face initially was a wreck and now it's clear as day. Hear is the same, but I've grade A hair genes from grandpa who started balding in his 70s

Maybe try it anyway, you massive faggot. We're not the ones with shitty skin coming on a fucking anime board for skincare advice.

Yeah, I'm sure you've asked from dumber advice like "How do I get a 6 pack guys?"

>accutane
So how long do you usually take this? Does it come back after you stop?

Remove sugar from diet (Carbohydrates are sugar). There ya go problem solved wasn't hard at all.

Anyone telling you you need to have a strict facial cleansing regimen and change sheets daily etc etc is a dipshit retard

DESU lad you just have to grow up. I tried all kinds of things I read online and saw a dermatologist and had prescriptions for acne treatments, and nothing ever worked. Eventually it just went away on its own when I was 19-20.

120*(weight in kg) in mg is iirc the average dose. My maximum daily dose was 60mg @ 70kg, so I think it was about 6-8 months. Doc didn't allow me to stay in the sun for too long, always with sunscreen, and I had to wait for winter to come because the summer was a bad time.

forgot to mention that I was gradually upping the dose, starting from 10-20mg to make sure I don't suffer any serious side effects. Most common is dry lips, just use balm.

>120*(weight in kg) in mg is iirc the average dose
>60mg @ 70kg
Am I just terrible at math or is this not right

Black castor oil maybe?

total average dose. edited the comment before posting and fucked it up. so I took 8400mg in total, with max dose 60mg/day

That's just under 5 months though

I started from 10mg for like 2 months, 30mg for another 2 months and 60 for the rest, or something like that. I wrote that I upped the dose slowly but I deleted that before posting for some reason. Goddamn brainlag my man.

This did it for me

I've been to 2 dermatologists and they say the side effect are too dangerous or something. Currently on minocin but if I stop taking it it comes back. Maybe I should go to another one.

Cystic acne sufferer here. Recently discovered a miracle for shrinking cysts in just a couple days at most.
>buy BC Powder (flavorless)
It's aspirin and caffeine
>make a paste using a very small amount of warm water and said powder
Really, just a few drops per pack
>shower, wash face
Moisturize
>apply paste to cyst
Let it dry for 20 mins
>wipe off with damp, warm towel
>moisturize

Most importantly, never ever squeeze or apply pressure to a cyst. You have to have self control and it will go away. Also, make sure you exercise daily, avoid processed foods, don't touch face, use a non-oil moisturizer, and sleep 8 hours a day.
I had a cyst on my neck on Monday that would ordinarily have taken probably 14+ days to go away. Doing this routine 2x a day it's already gone.

Even if this doesn't completely fix acne the other benefits coming from it make it worth it. All good tips.

What do you mean by wash face? With soap, exfoliate, what?

I dont come here often im just gunna go out on a meme limb and say the most important 2 factors are stress and genetics, goodnight :)

I hear benzoyl is good but don't fuck around with this shit because you might get alot of acne scars afterwards.

just get on accutane. had really bad cystic acne at 22 and hopped on that shit and I never break out now. it definitely permanently fucked up my stomach but my skin is god mode now so who cares.

This stuff worked wonders for me. 10% Benzyl Peroxide.

Also diet change does wonders for skin. I'm eatting super clean and I've never had clearer skin.

Just get accutane I'm doing it and I have no side effects and it killed all my acne which used to be pretty bad, at least try it to see if it works

With antibiotics taking the right dose for the right amount of time is REALLY IMPORTANT u can't just stop when the acne stops showing up.

How did it fuck your stomach up

-Homemade kombucha two cups a day
-Cut dairy and heavy sugars
-Eat a spinach carrot banana and strawberry smoothie every morning (tons of antiox)
-Drink coffee pre workout (more antiox)
-Eat cleaner overall
-Stop using products (hardest one but most important imo)

Enjoy the best skin you can possibly have

Wash your face often
Get tea tree oil, and apply it on the big ones with a q tip before bed and after waking up

Accutane is miracle drug combined with lifting, i went from a faggot to a non faggot

>25 years old
>have acne since I was 13
>all over face, back, chest, sometimes even arms and stomach
>tried everything

>seen three different dermatologists
>tried various ointments, various medication
>nothing worked
>cleaned my face everyday, changed pillow case, tried changing my diet
>tried benzoyl peroxide
>didn't work
>finally got prescribed accutane
>took it for a year
>side effect fucking sucked
>but it worked
>finally had clean skin
>for about half a year
>acne came back in full force
>currently taking another round of accutane, 5 months in
>still have acne

Stopped eating dairy. Shit will make you break out like mad if you have the genes for it.
There's thousand of people who have stopped with dairy and their acne have cleared up, including myself.

just be yourself bro