>bjj
this isn't karate friendo

>mom signs me up for karate
>teachers say im great
>get in a fight and none of it helps
>still hate karate to this day

White 5 months in

youtube.com/watch?v=cm3ikyMzMlA

Reads-fighting-manga rank. Nothin personnel kiddo.

Silver 4

black. was a while ago

It's actually a really common saying in BJJ

Brown

4325 MMR

eight months in mt
no belt yet

At least you didn't waste ten years on it.

>take up boxing
>stick at it for six months
>coach says I suck
>get in a fight
>wreck cunts left and right
What does this mean?

used to be brown but I was in black belt classes. quit before I got to black though

You suck at professional boxing but sucking at competitive sport still means you're better than average

Black belt. Isshinryu. Took 7 years.

Is it ever worth learning Asian martial arts if you are not living in an Asian country? I mean, isn't the sport way deluted when it goes overseas?

blue luta livre

Not even worth doing them if you live in Asia. Judo is the only Asian martial art that is close to being relevant.

Thought so. It's not like you ever use the deadly karate blows or shit like that.

White belt. 1 month in. Got my first tap last week, now I'm hooked.

Got to purple then I stopped. Taekwondo is pure faggotry unless at the 2nd degree black belt level.

Nice bro, you'll always remember your first tap.
What'd you hit it with?

my belt has a leatherman on it. Take your karate and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

>gets disarmed

Yeah same here, started a few months ago and tapped a blue belt this week, with bow and arrow. Sooo effective
This shit is really addictive, I catch myself thinking about it all day at work

>He's the type of pussy that pulls a gun when shit needs to be settled with hands.

What happens when someone hits on your probably non existent girlfriend? You going to pull your fucking .45 and shoot him?

3 stripe blue. Shit's getting lit, friendo. I got my professor with a quick straight ankle one time. I can consistently get good looks on purple belts which is cool because purple used to be so far away from what I could handle. I hope to compete at the next opportunity for the third time ever. Doing well in competition would be a really good way to get my professors thinking about giving me that purple.

I'm gonna do no gi in a few hours.

People who aren't retarded niggers don't get into casual fist fights.

Who here white belt no stripes

Master wizard

>Paired with white belt no striped for fundamentals class
>Sparring at the end of the round
>Shoulder checks me, roll to my back
>Catch him in closed guard
>Pins my wrists down
>Tries to break out while I sit there for 5 minutes
>He's exhausted before the second round

Wew lad. Why can't people pace themselves in a fundamentals class?

Because the most fundamental aspect of a fight is to never give up

It's sparring, not a fight. It's a chance to refine your movements and get better at the combat SPORT. It's like resorting directly to yelling during a debate.

Some people seem like they go into an academy just to get a quick tap on an upper belt and tell their friends "yeah, I was able to beat up a couple BJJ fags with my good ol' fashion American spirit."

If you don't enter every match with 100% effort why are you even trying

Yellow in Kajukenbo :D

To practice for competition and real confrontations. In fact, you can even get better at just rolling in the academy if you don't really like competing.

Why don't you go to failure with every set of squats?

White 9 months in, hopeing to be put to blue soon but teach dosent seem like he agrees.

I do

pfc

Then I dunno, buddy. Go ahead and keep being the people's champion.

that's a funny picture, can i save it?

No, fuck you

Used to box but master had to move and its in a different town so I just cant do it anymore
I like martial arts and want to pick a new one, muay thai is full(live in small city)
I found out about shaolin kung fu but it seems a meme

Eternal white belt. College keeps me out of town so I can only train consistently in summer.

>Karate
>(((martial arts)))
lmao just carry a bat with some rusty nails nigga

>He doesn't keep fresh nails in his back pocket to recharge his bat

Never gonna make it.

Nothing personell

>Dick Sucking Competition #593

Why am I not surprised that BJJ kids are so flamboyant?

I'd be interested in Judo if I had the time, money, and could find a legitimate place to learn. Maybe after school.

wut?

I've been boxing for about 3 months now. Still a newbie. But the other day, while going dutch with a partner, this dude hit me in the ribs so fucking hard I can still feel it 3 days later. It's ruining my workouts too. How can I recover faster?

I think I had 2 white stripes when I was 8? Can't remember.

They called me the hammer.

kyokushin.

Even if you'd never be in a fight, just for the conditioning and toughness you get from training it.

I was purple before my (now) exwife started shit and burned bridges for me.

Black belt in judo, though

jej

im going to an mma gym thats very reputable in my area, havent done any combat sports since high school wrestling and its been about 5 years. my cardio blows and my lifts are only 1/2/3/4

how fucked am i?

>buttscooting

Bjj is not martial art, its a fucking foreplay. Better learn boxing or MT.

Green in the pussiest martial art, Taekwondo.

I'm in my 7th month of White, our gym doesn't give stripes but I doubt I would have one even if they did

you suck relative to others who have been training but that means you're probably better than the average faggot on the street because you're used to fighting people above your level and you surprise yourself when you destroy frat boys.

>Showing off with your rainbow color bathrobe belts
Senpai when I fight I take my leather belt off and whip you with it

I wanna take boxing, but I'm literally blind. (Need Glasses)

I have a short figure and desu I really hate the belt system.

What should I take?

>be a nigger living innacity
>be patrolling the street one night looking for women to rape or atms to knock over
>start wondering if I should try being a valuable member of society and stop being a drain on the system
>lol naw
>see white manlet leaving a dive bar
>targetacquired.jpg
>gimme yo money cracka
>white boy sizes me up and then drops straight to his ass on the ground
>starts scooting toward me on his ass with his legs outstretched
>muttering something that sounds like "betcha can't pass my guard lol"
>this keeps going on for some time because I just keep taking a step back as this faggot scoots towards me
>"cmon bro try to get out of my spider guard"
>finally get sick of it
>pull out my glock and shoot him and leave him for dead
>as I walk away hear him say something with his dying breath
>"90 percent of all fights go to the ground..."

Glasses won't hold you back my friend boxes for several years and as long as you dont do sparring it's fine

Idk though, I kinda want to spar. No point in doing martial arts if you can't take a hit.

boxing without sparring is not boxing

I just wear contacts and they've never given me a problem sparring in muay thai and bjj

>get in a fight and none of it helps
>still hate karate to this day
That's just your fault not Karate's.
>mom signs me up
And were you a kid? Because if you were, it's doubly your fault

>it's your fault for being young

wut

Really? I lost a contact lens pretty early after starting bjj so now I don't use them. My vision without isn't that bad though, but I use expensive monthly lenses so I'd rather not lose them.

What rank is it when you don't live in a third world country shithole where shit like this is a merit?

purple, my instructors want to promote me to brown but I'm so terrible at this. I'm at 4 stripes now so It's like I feel like I'm going to get some sort of pitty promotion soon. Feels bad man, also this is an older pic from when I lived in LA like 2 years ago.

>Martial arts will help you in an actual fight

Are there really people who believe this? I fucking hope manga and anime will be illegal at some point

I´m probably looking at some pretty skilled fighters but why is everything about the picture screaming numales at comic con?

>What does this mean?
That fist to face is a simple yet efficient way to defend yourself in most situations.

Well I mean you're wearing like 10 pounds of Pajamas made to endure the wear and tear of a 200+ pound man trying to rag doll you around in for hours a day. Not a lot of people look aesthetic with their belt tied. Here's me setting up an arm drag on one of my old partners who's like 270 at 6% bf in his 40's, super nice guy.

They're white belts for a reason user, they just started and they dont even know basic things like pacing, thats why every single fresh white belt ive rolled with (and probably you too) go hard as fuck when rolling

1st degree black belt reporting in. It will help if you're able diversify and have the right body. For example, Taekwondo is pretty fancy and showy, however, if you're a Big Guy and you throw those kicks with that speed you'll do fine. Mix in some wrestling and some jujitsu and you'll have the footwork and flexibility of TKD, the power and brutalness of wrestling, and the counter and grapple skill of Aiki Jujistu. You can't just pick it up and be town terror. You have to work for years and be aggro.

Blue belt stripe if I remember correctly. Tai-kwon-do's a fucking meme style anyway

ouch.

he never mentioned that he didnt carry extra nails dumbass

gucci belt nigga I'll son you in no gi unless you can lift like me

I don't even have a white belt I bought a gi but I never use it. I train at 10th planet mostly, I've tapped plenty of people who called themselves blue and purple belts but idk who cares.

brioni croc belt. bjj stunna. vicuna gi. straight killa.
people say the garments are too fragile, yet it all survives.
because i avoid people gripping me, slippery and smooth
last week i submitted the ghost of a young rickson, and kron as well
no problem. no biggie. that was what croc belts do. alligator sub machine.
too slick.

Ya ding dong diddly simp

Red.

>Live in a pretty active martial arts community
>six gyms within 15 miles
>work schedule only allows me to train 2 to 3 hours a month
>work different drills into my regular workouts
>did 8 months of Sambo almost a decade ago
>friends with a couple instructors
>take part in open mat days when I can
>go to a couple tournaments a year just to enjoy the sport
>deep down i know im just a tumor to the community

White belt one stripe. Constantly getting molested. Getting a lot better though

hello Dwight

Black. Working on my second black belt, and will be getting it in June.