ITT: low bar or high bar?

ITT: low bar or high bar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eNZVnpp9now&index=2&list=FL2zeADW7eULn4ZYtWgbtISA
youtube.com/watch?v=rlfKofRWBsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

high bar

Front bar

I prefer the bar to be jammed up my asshole.

How do you add plates on both sides then

Are you a powerlifter? Then do low bar.
Do you just want joocy legs? Then do high bar

>that pause & depth

Fuck i will never be anywhere near this good.

Also

>not doing front squat, king of squats
>Also helps you increase powerclean 1rm

It just feels way better, need to do a little less weight to stay upright but it's lit. I feel my core engage much more.

Gaben got real swole the last I've seen him

High bar

Really it’s whatever squat is comfy and allows you to put weight on the bar

High bar, this low and fast as well
youtube.com/watch?v=eNZVnpp9now&index=2&list=FL2zeADW7eULn4ZYtWgbtISA

personally i find somewhere in between most comfortable, should i stick with that?

I did SS at the beginning and so I started with lowbar, but literally can't do any weight with highbar now. It hurts my vertebrae and just feels awkward, as if I may collapse backwards at any moment. I've spent a lot of effort doing it with good form too, so I don't know what else to try. For that reason, I only do lowbar

>harry squatter and the half natty glutes

If you have a better feeling with high bar, do high bar.

If you have a better feeling with low bar, do low bar.

>is it really that simple?
Yes.

I've been lifting for 9 months and I only realize now that I squat with unnecessary depth.
all this time I've been doing atg high bar, no wonder my numbers are so shit (113kg for 6 last session, seems like everyone is supposed to squat that within 3 months)
scared of switching to parallel lowbar because I'd have to deload and find my form.

i had a similar issue, thing is i seem to only be able to squat atg or half squat, like anything in between in just impossible for me

Lowbar hurts my frail elbows.

Doesnt matter

Why are you guys wanting to reduce depth? Are you competing? Or just trying to find a way to feel good about poverty squat?

Clarence has insane ankle+hip mobility. I try to copy his form but because of this I can't match it perfectly.

I started low bar.

RIP my elbows.

Now I do high bar.

Alright you cunts, can't find a single decent explanation so I'm gonna ask you. Why don't you do zerchers?
>use elbow sleeves
>zercher work sets are like 90% of my back squat work sets
>feels better, is easier to get right, trains upper back, helps deadlift and on top of that it looks cool
why don't you just buy fat gripz and elbow sleeves and start doing it? what am I missing here? a lot of serious lifters do them and never go injured, it's no more dangerous than a back squat. fucking westside recommends it. i've seen chad wesley smith saying it's perfectly okay to use as a main.
Not even going to get into the whole functional meme but it literally mimics how you'd carry a heavy stone, a person, or a grill you're fucking.

How do you guys hurt elbows in low bar? I squatted up to 165kg high bar then switched to low bar and now squatting 190 and only time I got discomfort was high bar with my hips and my wrists.

yeah, just wanna squat more. lowbar is supposed to be 110% of highbar, and the threshold seems to be much higher. lowbar can go up to 1000lbs, I don't know what the pause atg highbar wr is but probably not even close.

I don't think it's a good idea to put that much weight on your elbows.

Low-test, lanklet faggot with flat feet reporting.

I've heard low bar is better if you have long femurs, as your knees stay over your feet more than high bar.
Is this true or just bro science?

I also have an issue with keeping the weight dispersed across my whole foot.
I'll end up starting to lean forward, putting more weight on the inside balls of my feet.
I think I fell for the flat soles/converse as lifting shoes meme.
What do?

There is shitloads of powerlifting record holders that do highbar.
Do it and see i'm my ROM did not change however I felt much stronger with low bar i'd recommend it.

it's honestly not that big a deal. hands are facing each other and not up so the weight is not on the tendon. fat gripz and sleeves will prevent literally any pain. I mean there have to be shear forces but I don't feel like anything's wrong and I've never actually heard of anyone getting hurt with zercher lifting.

Try out highbar and lowbar for a couple of sessions. Video tape yourself rather than judging by muh feels. And decide which one feels more comfy for you.

As for the weight in middle of foot, you need to learn it so the best way is every rep before you squat go on your toes slightly then on your heel this should tell you where your mid foot is.

Lastly, buy some Oly lifting shoes, they're much easier than flats imo.

high bar pause atg

Well if you have no issues and you're making gains (not sub 3pl8 squat) then I have no issues with it, I tried it once with a friend who had back issues and only did them and it was fairly comfy but then again it was only lmao2pl8 so not sure how comfy it is with working sets.

oh and also with slow descent: youtube.com/watch?v=rlfKofRWBsw

Limb length. You want your back to take the full weight of the bar. If you push your hands into the bar (which may happen if you have long arms, like I do), rather than resting them on it, some of that weight will transfer from your hands, down your forearms, into your elbows. It fucked me up good, to the point where I could barely use my right arm to hold my kid. Look up squatter elbow some time. Ripp's forum is full of people complaining of this problem, because it's common for many low bar squatters and SS teaches low bar.

I'd prefer to do low bar because I can more easily achieve a vertical bar path with it on the way back out of the hole, but it's not worth sacrificing my arm for. So, rather than be doctrinaire about it, I switched to something slightly less mechanically advantageous, but much more comfortable.

I'm 70% legs and 50% femurs, so highbar already looks lowbar for me.

Might as well lowbar and play to my strength then.

they are the comfiest. you can just go low as fuck and pause at the bottom without any discomfort. If anything, I find back squats much more stressful.
Also you can just go all out since worst case scenario, you drop the bar, whereas ugly things can happen when you back squat. Belt squats are goat for that same reason, literally 0 risk of an accident.

High bar. Movement feels more natural to me and I don't care about numbers as long as I'm getting a good workout and progressing well.

No difference in muscle activation. Unless you're competing in powerlifting or weightlifting you should do whatever is most comfortable.

this.
and everyone should add front squats to their workouts