Will heavy snatch pulls and clean pulls build muscle?

Will heavy snatch pulls and clean pulls build muscle?
Video related.
youtu.be/1WuSiyM-knI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lny5dF4z228
youtube.com/watch?v=OiJ4yXPWuq8
youtube.com/watch?v=j7M2wXrqrI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah

Harry Potter got really buff!

yes.

Yes generally they're done for sets of three

I'm dumb, is the exercise in the video harder or easier than Deadlifts? As in, can you lift more weight in this way?

No.

He's on roids and lifts vastly more than most roiders ever will. He is borderline world class.

His vids show oly, you don't know what he does off camera. Average oly chaps normally look like crap.

Have a nice day and eat my ass.

Of course they'll build muscle. Even if the weight of a deadlift is heavier, they're done fast so the amount of effort is still high. Same reason why a paused squat or deadlift @ 60% of your 1rm will build muscle.

allows for much less weight to be used as it's more about bar acceleration as needed for cleans/snatches. E.g. clarry squatter will do these with ~110% of his cleans (around 230 kg or so at most for singles) while he can deadlift 340 kg. Clean pulls are less taxing on the CNS too due to the lighter load, but the muscle activation is still there

also this:

Absolute shit.

t. rippetoe-drone who has no idea about muscle building.

>you don't know what he does off camera
He logs every workout publicly, do you seriously believe he lies about doing curls and calve-raises in order to deceive his fans?

Thanks for the informative post.

some technik:
>panda snatch pull
youtube.com/watch?v=Lny5dF4z228
>snatch pull
youtube.com/watch?v=OiJ4yXPWuq8
>clean pull
youtube.com/watch?v=j7M2wXrqrI8

>thinking speed work is useful for full body mass building
You are new and you should honestly read more bud

power work is
liftan 7 years and 225 lean so who knows :^) keep doing your basic ss-low volume program

what is it with chineses and training topless

on steroids maybe, otherwise no

Yeah, no-one actually does their speed work with 60%. Especially not if they're in more of a hypertrophy phase.

Post time stamped body

olifting and training topless go hand in hand.

>will lifting heavy weights build muscle

This board gives me a fucking headache.

Yeah but not quickly enough to be used as an actual mass builder

The bottom line is high volume builds muscle. Snatch pulls or any olympic lifts are rarely done with high volume, and doing so is dangerous, so therefore it is not an efficient muscle builder.

>As in, can you life more weight in this way
Are you being serious? The answer is obviously no, you can't lift more this way than a deadlift. This lift is primarily explosive power and momentum based.

>Lifting weights doesn't do anything if it's done fast

Force = mass * acceleration
>duh increasing speed has no effect on force produced

It does significantly less in terms of hypertrophy when compared to slow movements like a deadlift

How is this debatable?

What even is time under tension

>a lift that requires maximal muscle recruitment and explosiveness wont build muscle
>t. never felt the trap doms after snatches

>training for a lift and 1rm should look exactly th same
What is debatable is the fucking point of your comment.

>doing above 3 reps on the olympic lifts
>ever

>What even is time under tension
Mostly broscience. Seems like you're the one who needs to read a book.

Alan Thrall disagrees with you. I wonder if you total is even half of his, or if you are even over 200.

doubtful.

Broscience only in the sense of it mattering per set. For overall volume it kind of does, which is a big limiting factor of most 'quick' movements (and also of the way most people do deadlifts).

>citing Alan Thrall's pitiful lifts for his BW and time lifting as evidence for anythihg

>citing Alan Thrall
lmfao dyel

You know he squats like 600 for paused reps. Deadlifts 770 with no belt and benches 440. He does ALOT more than oly lifting and if you watch his vids he said he few months ago he was doing a 5 day bench program with minimal oly lifting. He is also on steroids and has been training from child.

Now, will you like like clearance0 by oly lifting solely? No, idc that you can clean and jerk 1 plate that wont build size like he has. Apparently everyone but a frw are brainlets and assume that "my 95 pound clean is a fast movement so im doing more work than a heavy squat or deadlift ever provide xd" either get a coach and get started. or just do general strength training for muscle building.

type-2 fibers have the most mass potential though

>will lifting weights build muscle

back to school kiddo

Harry squatter

Snatch grip diddlys and power cleans are great mass builders. Snatch and CJ tho, not so much since you lower the weight enough to get it over your head. Your legs obviously will be under less pressure, and you are using too much momentum for the overhead part for it to be a mass builder better than The Press.

Olympic lifters often look great. Creates that fast twitch muscle look and requires great flexibility too

They will build muscle, they are likely not going to build muscle comparative to other heavier weight movements. Unless you manage to get them up pretty heavy.

You could honestly do cleans, push press, and snatch grip pulls and get the most out of it

kinda agree with snatch and CJ, as progression depends on so many variables and especially snatches are probably the most technique-heavy exercise there is, requiring years of technique to master.
On the other hand, I think all the oly pulling accessories use big enough weights and focus on just accelerating the weight from the floor up to your chest, I'd say they can be counted along with other power movements as capable of mad gainz potential (power cleans, snatch/clean pull, push press).
I also think that the push press should be done along with the press (and much less focus on CJ due to technical aspects) if you want to get bigger in the process. I think the reason Klokov has such an outstanding physique (while taking the same amount of roids as other professionals of course) is because he does a shitton of push pressing. Pendlay argued that the push press has a great carryover to both press and bench press, and I can see that the push press alone can give you decent chest activation.

Mike Israetel, Chad Wesley Smith and James Hoffman disagree with him. I'm sure Juggernaut has produced at least one athlete with a better wilks and total than Thrall.

>the way most people do deadlifts
Obviously not heavy enough. Snatch pulls will absolutely build the fuck out of the upper back, it's well known by everyone ever. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees.

when did sam hyde get this jacked?

This is a stupid exercise UNLESS you're really trying to overload.

I do standard power cleans 2x a week and get so much benefit from the actual catch and stand up, I couldn't imagine just shrugging the weight. Seems like a waste of energy for most people.

Why not just put all the 45s on and shrug?

It gets you used to pulling heavier weights. The point is to eventually clean or snatch it.

>citing Alan thrall as an authority on weightlifting

Holy fucking lmao

>satan trips
also, isn't he kind of weak and didn't he fall for the SS meme recently?

not the same user but that is literally Isaac Newton's second law of motion.