Apples are balls of sugar. Should I drop them?

If I replaced my apple that I eat after dinner every day with two eggs. Would it help my gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0735109704007168
blogs.cornell.edu/ccesuffolkfhw/2015/07/02/are-apples-better-than-coffee/
survivediabetes.com/lowfat.html
atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/S0021-9150(12)00504-7/fulltext
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27739004
cnpp.usda.gov/sites/default/files/nutrient_content_of_the_us_food_supply/KilocaloriesandMacronutrientsPerCapitaperDay1909-2010.xls
care.diabetesjournals.org/content/25/10/1766
atvb.ahajournals.org/content/atvbaha/12/12/1371.full.pdf
healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs
healthline.com/nutrition/6-reasons-why-eggs-are-the-healthiest-food-on-the-planet#section1
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/189529
bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=egg yolk
suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/07/egg-ology-today-underappreciated-health.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/11/underestimated-vitamin-d-sources.html
diagnosisdiet.com/all-meat-diets/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

drop the apples but do not replace them with eggs, literally pointless

eat more greens instead

Will the 14 grams of added protein in my diet from the eggs help build muscle?

What is it about cholesterol you don't understand?

Google the words: cholesterol and eggs. Eggs do not raise one's cholesterol.

Apples are natural simple carbs and therefore ideal pre/during/post workout. What is the question again?

Eggs are god tier imo wish they were natural eggs and not industrial type shit

Not that guy, and I know they don't. But for a while I ate 6 a day and started getting chest pain after a week

187 mg cholesterol in 1 egg. More than 7 a week significantly increased heart disease.

Fruits are healthy

All sugar being bad is a meme.

An apple in the morning is said to perk you up more than coffee and it really does

>An apple in the morning is said to perk you up more than coffee and it really does

Cite your mom science

Well fuck.

Source: I said it. Just now, user/ :^)))

He pulled that out of his asshole.

You are an idiot and you should go back to the '50s if you want to parrot this retarded bullshit.

OP, do you know what chemical makes up 25% of your brain by mass percentage?

Do you know what chemical is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to produce testosterone?

Do you know what chemical has fuck-all to do with heart disease?

All three questions have the same answer.

As to your question, yes, two eggs daily is better for you than an apple daily.

Huh.

I'm not taking sides, I just want to get rid of the chest pain. Fuck my life.

All sugar is not bad. However, excessive sugar intake over long periods reduces insulin sensitivity (this is indisputable). Insulin resistance is diabetes.

Without knowing the rest of his diet, his question is hard to answer. If he consumes no carbohydrates other than the apple every day, he's fine. If he consumes 300g carbs + the apple, he's fucked with or without the apple.

Fucking idiot. I bet you think eating fat makes you fat too?

>if i ate more protein instead of carbs would it help gains

hmmm i wonder

Fuck science. Just eat whatever you want as long as it isn't severely destructive for your body faggot. As long as you do your cardio routine it's fine.

lol stupid fuck where do you think ingested cholesterol goes? directly into your bloodstream and if you constantly ingest cholesterol you will be damaging your arteries while never giving the time for your body to get rid of the excess

you know your body makes its own cholesterol without any need in ingesting external cholesterol just like half of the amino acids required to synthesize protein right? all ingested cholesterol is excess cholesterol stupid faggot, just look at the cholesterol levels of hunter gatherer tribes(who eat mostly plant based) and almost every single one of them have cholesterol scores totaling around 110 mg/dl and the only ones that don't are the ones that eat a shit ton of meat like the inuit and they have significantly higher cholesterol

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0735109704007168

So basically i should get most of my 3000 bulk calories from meat?

No you should get most of them from meat and fat.

So, butter and olive oil?
>inb4 nuts
I cant eat nuts anymore. Allergic

I do know that the body produces cholesterol.

What point are you trying to make here?

The link between heart disease and cholesterol has LONG been debunked.

A double-serving of bulletproof coffee has an obscene amount of fat. Substitute heavy cream for butter if you don't like the taste.

But yeah, look up some keto recipes, from there alter your macros as you see fit. Caveman Keto Chili is pretty fuckin good if you add jalapeƱo, sour cream, and cheese.

show us. provide the evidence.

Is it bad that I'm almost Dozen Eggs a Day aka /DEAD/

Not bad. Though apples are different than sugar, the sugar is in the cell walls of the plant and its release is delayed.

How the fuck do you do that without getting chest pain

what are you even talking about? those shit studies regurgitated by ketards are talking about how dietary cholesterol has no effect on serum cholesterol, not that serum cholesterol has no link to heart disease

LDL cholesterol levels are one of the greatest determinants of heart disease along with a coronary calcium scan test which show exactly how damaged your arteries are

maybe you should get one right now instead of being a deluded ketard and gambling your life on egg industry and weston a price funded correlation studies

The body also adjusts the amount it produces when dietary cholesterol is ingested.

blogs.cornell.edu/ccesuffolkfhw/2015/07/02/are-apples-better-than-coffee/

you can't prove a negative, there needs to be evidence that dietary cholesterol causes heart disease, you cant have evidence "proving it doesnt"

Journal of the AMA, Yale University, 1994.

Also this. Screenshot is from link below. See the 3rd paragraph.

survivediabetes.com/lowfat.html

yes but the amount of ingested cholesterol far exceeds the amount your body naturally produces, so even if your body completely stopped producing cholesterol(which it doesn't), it won't matter when you're ingesting 1g+ of cholesterol everyday and flooding your arteries nonstop

You don't have a goddamn clue what you're talking about. I'm not talking about dietary cholesterol /= serum cholesterol. I agree that they are directly correlated. That's not the point.

You should read up a little bit. Some actual published research, not some shit you heard on Veeky Forums.

Fucking this. I eat an apple before workout and it works better than creatine

Mostly correct. What we can say, with the data we have, is that we do not have evidence to reject the null hypothesis.

so your """actual published research""" includes linking a shitty article(which is not a study) and only details correlation studies instead of actual mechanistic data

here's an actual study that controlled for every lifestyle factor and specifically found eggs to be the cause for increased arterial plaque due to increased cholesterol

atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/S0021-9150(12)00504-7/fulltext

do actual research instead of reading garbage articles thanks

also talk about outdated research lmao

cholesterol denialists always have to use outdated research or shitty correlation studies to support their autism instead of recent relevant research

It controlled for every lifestyle factor?

Read the second sentence of the interpretation.

Holy fuck, talk about "regurgitating studies"

have you like never read a study before? the "interpretation" is basically their opinion of the results of the study, look at the actual raw data and what they found out retard. and when they said hypothesis, they were talking about the first sentence, their suggestion for people to not eat egg yolks if they have risk for CVD

I write studies, faggot.

clearly not since you have the reading comprehension of a /pol/lack with teenage angst

Good fibre, low calories, natural sugar/non processed. Great for cutting, good for digestion, can work depending on what else you're eating

Niggers are black

replace with peaches

>As to your question, yes, two eggs daily is better for you than an apple daily.

You are missing out on fiber, vitamins and other essential micronutrients.

But go ahead, eat nothing but eggs because muh gains.

What's the fucking g answer you faggot

Replace with a bag of broccoli for optimal gains

Eggs are trash

People seem to get very angry when talking about their diet. I can't believe there's tribalism in dietary habits now.

Eat whatever you like faggots. Experiment, do bloodwork, see what works for you. Or don't. But, by all means take the bass out of your voices when talking about eggs and apples.

Apples trigger my IBS. Eggs dont.

I am allergic to apples but they taste delicious. Apples make me shit my guts out.

do you honestly believe you can eat nothing but butter for a year and LOSE weight?

>directly consuming heavy amounts of cholesterol won't raise your ldl levels.

>apples are just balls of sugar

When did Veeky Forums get this fucking dumb?

people actually eat fruit? gross its like you want to rot your teeth away

>during
>break out a Golden Delicious inbetween sets

you're on Veeky Forums buddy some faggot mod is playing with redirecting between boards. I just went to /adv/ out of the fucking blue and told some faggot to get off Veeky Forums with this image

>not raising chickens
>not eating healthy fresh golden yellow eggs all day everyday

I was amazed by the simple change of color pure well fed free range chickens have compared to normal eggs

you think he eats two eggs every day and nothing else?

unless you are a skinny nu male you probably already eat enough protein. Excess protien would just convert to fat

>industrially produced eggs are ""normal"" now
How far we've fallen

What if I just take out the yolks?

you'd take out the most nutrious and beneficial part

THERES SO MUCH CONFLICTING INFO WHAT THE FUCK DO I BELIEVE

Of course you can you fucking retard. If you eat less butter than your TDEE the weight would fly off. Wouldn't be healthy though.

>Excess protien would just convert to fat
Well, it would actually convert to glucose (through gluconeogenesis), and might convert to fat from there, or get used as fuel if he's eating at maintenance.

The problem is that when you google that, you mainly get low carb blogs that assert with little or no evidence that eggs don't raise cholesterol. When they do cite something, almost 100% of the time it's some opinion article they found that was written by a paid associate of the egg industry.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27739004
>An ongoing dispute in the nutrition field is whether dietary cholesterol contributes significantly to elevated serum cholesterol and to atherosclerotic disease. Carefully controlled metabolic studies have shown that high-cholesterol intakes cause moderate increases in serum cholesterol levels. It is been difficult to verify this in population studies because of confounding factors. Nonetheless, meta-analysis of controlled studies documents a cholesterol-raising action of dietary cholesterol.

You think a quote of someone denying the diet-heart hypothesis is a debunking?

SOMEONE ANSWER REEEEEEEEEE

Most conflicts in nutrition don't come from honest disagreements in scientific findings. Most disagreements come from the conflict between scientific findings and the (food) industries that they affect. Start with the mainstream understanding of nutrition and if you hear something conflicting, especially if it's something that sounds appealing and isn't coming from an official source, take it with a grain of salt.

>gluconeogenesis
meme

>eating eggs after dinner
Ugh. Your farts must smell worse than Jourdan Rodrigue's pussy.

To the carblets in here:

We cannot survive on zero protein.
We cannot survive on zero fat.
We can survive (even thrive) on zero carbohydrates.

Do you really not think there's anything to
this?

Do you not think the massive rise in diabetes has nothing to do with the high-carb, low-fat diet meme?

Do you understand why a ketogenic diet is the best thing for someone who is diabetic or pre-diabetic?

Do you not think there is anything to the fact that a keto diet shreds fat off the body and keeps it off better than any other "meme" diet?

Jesus christ you are so fucking stupid I can't even begin to comprehend what kind of fucked pathways concepts travel through in your waterbrain before forming your incoherent "thoughts".

Nobody is advocating that he eats two eggs per day AND NOTHING ELSE you fucking RETARD

MAYBE IF YOU ATE LESS CARBS YOU WOULDN'T BE SO FUCKING RETARDED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>We cannot survive on zero protein.
>We cannot survive on zero fat.

That's not much of a point since there's practically no natural food that doesn't contain fat and protein. If all you ate was plain oatmeal, you'd get enough fat and protein for survival. The amount necessary is very low, and if you want to get into the essential intake argument, you only need certain amino acids and 2 kinds of polyunsaturated fats.
>Do you really not think there's anything to
this?
No
>Do you not think the massive rise in diabetes has nothing to do with the high-carb, low-fat diet meme?
Considering it coincided worldwide with higher fat intake and less whole carbs, no. Why would you think that?
>Do you understand why a ketogenic diet is the best thing for someone who is diabetic or pre-diabetic?
No, explain why eating a diet that isn't heart healthy is good for people who are at increased risk for heart disease.
>Do you not think there is anything to the fact that a keto diet shreds fat off the body and keeps it off better than any other "meme" diet?
No evidence for this.

do theytaste a lot better?

What do you make of the fact that eating low/zero carbs causes humans to go into ketosis, unlike every other animal that naturally eats that way? Any creature that normally eats mainly protein and fat has evolved mechanisms that keep it out of ketosis. Ketosis is not a normal state to be in, it usually happens when a creature is starving.

>eggs
>Literally pointless
I'm sure you'd prefer some fucking lentils or something right?

Look everybody a retarded post from a carblet.

>That's not much of a point because retarded bullshit
It is a point and it's an absolute truism.

>worldwide
I'm talking about the US, which started the low-fat meme in the '60s and then quickly became the fattest and most diabetic country on earth. Those ill effects have NOT happened in populations where carb intake is much lower than fat intake.

>explain why a low carb (so low GI foods) diet is better for somebody with insulin resistance
No, faggot, you can look that up for yourself.

>No evidence for this
I'm evidence for this. Literally everybody who has used keto for weight loss (and done it right) is evidence for this.

It's because of our massive brain-to-weight ratio you fucking retard.

By your standard, being able to do math is also not a normal state to be in because every other animal can't naturally do it.

k

lol legit what is wrong with your brain

I explained why it's not a point and your response was "nuh uh, it is."
>I'm talking about the US, which started the low-fat meme in the '60s and then quickly became the fattest and most diabetic country on earth.
Ah, okay. The rest of the world doesn't matter because it doesn't support your beliefs. Anyway, this "low fat meme" you're talking about never existed, even in America. The fact that diet guidelines suggested people slightly reduce their fat intake doesn't mean people actually did this. Fat consumption throughout American history has consistently risen every decade, unlike carbs.
cnpp.usda.gov/sites/default/files/nutrient_content_of_the_us_food_supply/KilocaloriesandMacronutrientsPerCapitaperDay1909-2010.xls
If that's hard to accept, keep in mind that the same guidelines that said to reduce fat intake also said to reduce sugar intake. If you don't also hold the belief that "the low-sugar meme caused everyone to be fat and diabetic" then you're just cherry-picking.
>No, faggot
Not an argument.
>I'm evidence for this
Hahahhahahahahha.

What does brain-to-weight ratio have to do with ketosis?

Ketosis is a physiological state that virtually every animal can be in, it's just not meant to happen constantly. It happens when an animal is starving or very sick. Every animal, including humans, naturally live in a non-ketogenic state. Why would you think humans are an exception?

>Health organization told people to be more active
>OBESITY STILL INCREASING

Physical activity literally making people gain weight haha , what a fucking scam , It can't be that people are totally ignoring the guideline

you must always remember that for a fat person ( a retarded person ) weight loss is some sort of godsend , something that they mostly tried to obtain for years , their lives are often pure shit and that weight loss is often their greatest accomplishment ( SAD!), since the Ketard diet ( Totally not a marketing tool ) IS their god , they defend it like christard of muslimacuck defend their GodBULL

>lower sugar
>raise carbs
lel

damn you just got fucking destroyed lmao

also really faggot? have you not heard of hunter gatherer tribes like the kitavans which follow something along the lines of 10/70/20 (protein/carb/fats) and have virtually nonexistent chronic disease?

and then compare that to the inuit who eat a shit ton of meat and very little carbs, and wow they have fucking diabetes and a high prevalence of heart disease care.diabetesjournals.org/content/25/10/1766 atvb.ahajournals.org/content/atvbaha/12/12/1371.full.pdf

saturated fat, specifically palmitate and stearic acid damage the endothelial and as a result cause diabetes, NOT carbs. carbs only aggravate the condition which ketards like you are led to assume that it causes it

do actual research ketards instead of reading mom science articles

Apparently you have heard of the kitavans, but you didn't actually read dick about it, because their saturated fat % is high, the study has never been independently confirmed, and some of the data collection methodology was dubious at best.

And this nigga is talking about "momscience" LMAO

Also, inuits have a very sedentary lifestyle. Regardless of what you eat, if you sit around like a fuck for your whole life, chances are you're going to have some health issues.

>carbs don't cause diabetes
Yes they do you stupid, stupid fucking faggot.

are you retarded dude? the main reason why their saturated fat is high is because of their coconut consumption, and if you bothered to read what i just fucking said i said that palmitate and stearic acid damage the endothelial, and coconuts mostly consist of lauric acid, not palmitate or stearic. if they were consuming meat for their saturated fat then they would have much higher protein consumption

also the inuit only recently started becoming sedentary because of technology, but they were very active hunters in the past and they still had heart disease you dumb fuck, it has nothing to do with sedentary or not when it's saturated fat and cholesterol being the trigger

Still not independently verified, so your point is moot anyway faggot boi.

And as far as the Inuit, they're subhuman anyway, I don't really give a fuck about them. I'm white.

boy i have been browsing this site for a long time, some things never change like this 'debate' or how easy it is to solve it.
post your lifts, or better yet a current body pic.
my money and experience is on carblets(lol) being a thing. go distance run some more you fucking twig.

The part where were supposed to believe it's bad isn't bullshit
Then you have another, far more serious problem than eating eggs
No Gaston
It's bullshit
Eggs
>healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs
>healthline.com/nutrition/6-reasons-why-eggs-are-the-healthiest-food-on-the-planet#section1
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
>jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/189529
>bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539
This>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=egg yolk
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/07/egg-ology-today-underappreciated-health.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/11/underestimated-vitamin-d-sources.html

Apples have a good amount of fiber in them. If you're already getting enough fiber, I'd think it's okay to drop them.

Otherwise, if your calorie counting allows for it, go ahead

>and the only ones that don't are the ones that eat a shit ton of meat like the inuit and they have significantly higher cholesterol
>diagnosisdiet.com/all-meat-diets/

>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

Lower refined sugars, which are the unhealthy carbs, while eating more fruits and whole grains, which are healthy carbs.