Best exercises for 100 m sprint ?

best exercises for 100 m sprint ?

Genetics x F

yeah i know genetics is for the olympics, but if it was genetics only , these negros wouldnt have worked out a day on his life wich is not true, almost anyone can get better at 100 m sprint if workouts

besides sprinting, wich is obvious, does someone know any other exersice helped on your 100 m sprint time ?

trap bar dl, weighted step ups, glute ham raises, back extensions, bb hip thrusts, split squats... all you need for lower body as a sprinter

hill sprints
run more
stadium sprints
hip thrusts
power cleans
trap bar dl
lunges
no really, just run more
plus all sorts of form drills, cant be assed find em online

i agee with everything but weighted step ups and hip thrusts looks very memetic to me

whats the purpose of these two ?

and for upperbody, how strong you need to be ?
give me some elite stats

whats the purpose of having a strong core for sprinting ? i understand a strong back may help in the arm swing, but a core, why ?

Box Squats.

Absolute GOAT exercise for increasing sprint time. Watch/read some of what Louie Simmons advocates for getting a better sprint time. He's trained elite level athletes with these things, and has improved their time without ever having sprinted once.

100m sprints

weighted step ups for the explosiveness of both hip flexors and glutes, hip thrust for glute activation.... basically once you get fast enough, quad and calf strength is a non-issue and the hip flexors and posterior chain become the main things you need to improve to get faster. Upper-body varies pretty widely depending on how big of a person you are naturally, I'd say at least 185 bench, but sprinting depends so much more on your lower body it's hard to say exactly. Just make sure you get like 2 push and 2 pull exercises for upper body

what about jump heavy squats ?

ohhh

and how important is hamstring strenght ?

also whats the principal glute function on sprinting ? i never fell them sore after sprinting

IMO Box Squats are better, mainly because it breaks up the eccentric and concentric chain, and trains explosive power from rest.

go run interval sprints until your core gives out and report back.
Feels like your shoulders are trying to fall through your pelvis. Also proper sprint form has you almost pulling your hips forward with your abs, doing this correctly alone will take a tenth+ off of a 40

pretty important, especially when you're firing out of the block to start
combo with hip flexors for leg drive upwards... an issue you might be having is not bringing your leg upwards enough like pic related when sprinting. Imagine leg being perpindicular to your body. You could try it right now by running in place. a big issue with beginning sprinters is that your legs aren't coming up high enough towards your chest to create the power you want.

oh thanks i didnt know it,

btw being flexible is important right ? some days ago, due heavy jumps and sprinting i got piriformis syndrome syntoms

pulling and bicep strenght, is important as chest and shoulder strenght ?

flexibility is pretty important, and yeah pulling strength is just as important as pushing strength... you just need to make sure your upper body doesn't have any imbalances

to be honest, i have a pretty strong upper body, and a nice sprinting time without training, thats why i want to focus on sprinting to see how further i can go, just to test, you know

but its like i injured myself some day ago and im like, fuck again, everytime i want to try something new i get injured for going hard

Your core is essential in almost every exercise you do. It's almost funding scary. I had a core injury due to a bad case of accidental stabitus, and literally everything hurt; walking, sitting, breathing, lifting things with your arms, your core supports EVERYTHING you do

100m sprint

best answer in this thread

You need core made of steel
It will be your limiting factor