Too fucking bad you still have to work out

do calisthenics then

the only people who go to the gym are 70 IQ muscle head meatballs

Do both

Then watch people fight about it over the internet

Tell us op, why you dont want to go?

So, whos getting the game?
Diana best girl

Consult your bag log. If the log says you are destined to swing on the monkey bars at the beach, you may go, but if the log says stay, you better fuckin stay put.

Dont give up, skeleton!

Weak willed faggot, do you want me to come over and rip your throat out? Get big.

and thats why you have to go

Same OP. 8 months into weight training and I'm starting to get bored of the repetition. I think I'll just go back to cycling.

I want a good looking body and that method is very slow.

I dread it every time because I don't like it in itself. I feel like it takes up a block of time that could have been spent better elsewhere, where my quality of life may be improved with less effort. The only thing keeping me going is a glimmer of hope that I may actually have the body I want, and the crushing guilt if I don't go. If I felt confident in the body I had now, I'm not sure if I would do anything at all other than sports. I'm not ugly by any means and I have other reasons to do it than looking good, but it's so much effort (Including dieting) for such minimal change.

My choice is between body+mental strain or the burden of endless guilt. I am sick of life in that regard for making me choose between the two without being able to have better options. I envy anyone who actually enjoys lifting and dieting.

Holy shit you're never going to make it, you're a massive fucking bitch ya know that!

slow? do HIIT and focus on speed + explosive movements and you will make gains very fast retard

people who weight lift look disproportionately ugly and their strength is basically worthless outside of lifting boxes

I'm a bitch for not enjoying something and having a dilemma about it? It's easy to do if it doesn't make your day worse.

How fast is fast? I just want a body like pic related but I'm a lanklet so I have some way to go. I've done strength training for 6 months, made little to no appearance gains but I recently switched to hypertrophy. I like it better but I still hate it. If I had to keep strength training I would have quit completely.

How long would to get pic related?

Gym is literally the only thing I enjoy because it's the only thing in life I see progression in.

sauce?

Nobody cares you stupid fat weeb. You weren't gonna make it anyways

>I'm a bitch for not enjoying something and having a dilemma about it?

Pretty much. No pain, no gain bruv. You know artists put in 1000s of hours of pure shit and failure and then at the end they hit a sweet spot. Do you think they're having 'fun' all that time? Most people who lift have frustrating periods but they get over it because they know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

>I want a good looking body and that method is very slow.
Rome wasn't built in a day

Just lift the fucking weights

>lift for years before finding out the side effects and negatives to using gear were fucking propaganda and are hardly there
>wasted all that time being natty when you can get fucking huge and nothing else changes other than wanting to jerk off more
I was so fucking stupid. If you are not at least pinning test you are wasting your time, it's a fucking god ""drug"".

I'm aware, but most artists aren't grinding their fucking teeth in frustration while painting. It's not always going to be a smooth ride but I hate lifting. Artists don't hate drawing. They don't just buckle down and one day hope to be a famous artist when they hate the process. It's just not going to work.

I feel enough pain. I just get more stressed and aggressive from going to or being at the gym. I don't get the stress release out of it like most of you do, and I never get the urge to go there on my rest days.

That much pain for that little gain is retarded unless one actually likes to lift. I'm wondering if someone can learn to like it, or why other anons enjoy it.

try to switch things up.

Go from body building from to strenght training or vice versa.

Take a little break, but be sure to go again at some point.

I don't know why I'm even urging you to go, maybe because in hindsight I regret not starting gym at something like 15-16 in stead of 24.

why dont you do strength and hypertophy at the same time u faggot

start lifting heavy 5 rep max for 3 sets
then you do 2 sets of 12-15 reps until your muscles burn like 1000000 times sun

(dont forget to rest minimum 1 day or you will vaporize your muscles)

use roids then like said

>but most artists aren't grinding their fucking teeth in frustration while painting

Yes they are, they just know to keep it cool when people are watching

>but most artists aren't grinding their fucking teeth in frustration while painting.
They are dude. My sister and 3 of my friends are "artists". One of them starting grinding traditional art (drawing on pads with paper/pen) and shit for 9 months before even touching a computer tablet.
>Artists don't hate drawing.
You are out of your mind, lifting and art are the exact same type of grind. I have body dysmorphia and it's one of the most comparable grinds. Why do you think so many great works come from writers/painters locking themselves away to grind on their craft?
>That much pain for that little gain is retarded unless one actually likes to lift
Get on gear.

maybe try a sport user. im thinking of taking up bjj

>tfw lifting and aritst
>tfw don't look like artist with my body type

Lifting and doing art compliments each other really well, both by learning the human form and by taking out stress

>tfw always wanted to do kendo or kenjutsu but literally no gyms in my state
I'm going to start judo instead.
They are very entwined because of the pursuit of beauty.

Weak-willed faggot. Maybe stop obsessing over cartoon girls and you'll start enjoying life.

>Maybe stop obsessing over cartoon girls
Do not do this. 3dpd only leads to regret, lift for 2d.

Most people on here only enjoy lifting because their lives are shit. Their physique may be the only thing they have going for them. Lifting just fills the void of emptiness and self loathing.

>Lifting just fills the void of emptiness and self loathing.

Only thing that this feeling is present on absolutely everybody.

Your whole post is the classical pathetic justifications on why you don't lift and why you are better than anybody who does.

In my experience lifting is not in any way even remotely fun or fulfilling for like the first 1,5 years, but after that you start developing and urge. The feeling of knowing you can move more weight around than the average adult is all that is needed to keep you going. Keeps you curious as to how far you can go with this shit.

Makes ya stand out, makes your know you can push your body to new areas

No, they do not feel like shit THE ENTIRE TIME THEY DO ART. They get frustrations and roadbumps but they DO NOT HATE DRAWING. I'm trying to make this as clear as possible

I do HEMA. I enjoy it a lot but it won't get me aesthetics. My only goal for lifting is to be decently strong for my size and for aesthetics to get women easier. That's all I want.

Fuck off faggot. There are millions of productive things you could be doing, but you don't. It's not about will, but efficiency.

>No, they do not feel like shit THE ENTIRE TIME THEY DO ART. They get frustrations and roadbumps but they DO NOT HATE DRAWING. I'm trying to make this as clear as possible

Holy shit, I think I know how artists feel brah..

You have so many excuses, just lift the fucking weights if you want to look good, or don't and continue to look like shit.

Speaking just for myself, that's pretty much how creative work feels.

No-one enjoys the actual process. The results, sure. The planning and daydreaming to set up what you're going to do? some people. But the actual creation is blood, sweat, tears and crippling insecurity. To paraphrase a lot of artists - no-one does this because they want to, they do it because not doing it hurts worse.

> feel like it takes up a block of time that could have been spent better elsewhere

Try with smaller workouts. My 4 day brosplit takes me around 1 hour and a half to do it, including shower and transportation. I mean it's really nothing

> it takes up a block of time that could have been spent better elsewhere

like what? Watching mongolian cartoons or masturbating? Stop fucking kidding yourself, the very fact that you have set foot in the gym already puts you above a lot of other people.

this

only if you have a family you have to take care of or a business to keep afloat for taking care of the said family you could spend your time better

or if you have something other that you are crazy passionate about and want to devote your life to it, but if it's just that you would rather sit on your ass and read wikipedia or play vidya, you are really only wasting your time

No, you clearly don't you dumb cunt. Art does not diminish the quality of their life. They do it long term because it brings satisfaction when they do it.

Like other real projects you stupid nigger

Come on, we all know the Ryuko ripoff is best grill

Lol don't get mad because everyone here isn't sucking your cock and cosigning your pathetic excuses.

>Art does not diminish the quality of their life.
neither does lifting, look up what lifting does to your body when done correctly, the chemicals it releases in the body

>They do it long term because it brings satisfaction when they do it.
So do people who lift

>No, you clearly don't you dumb cunt.
I do because I'm an artist, Also I lift. I already do two things better than you and I'm not even crying like you.

>real projects
>shitposting on Veeky Forums

>Like [fucking nothing] you stupid nigger

wow, really made a lot of examples here m8

>actually thinking that taking care of your own body is a waste of time
>calling other people stupid niggers

really gets the noggin joggin

>THE ENTIRE TIME THEY DO ART. They get frustrations and roadbumps but they DO NOT HATE DRAWING.
Alright you have no clue what you're talking about. The only people that do what you're saying are incredibly (0.001%) naturally talented or have ego too big for their skill level.

What's your routine? Most people lose motivation cuz they do these 5-6 day splits with retarded programming.

You really only need 2 days, volume and intensity. Your recovery goes through the roof and you don't have to eat as much food

You're probably not cut out for it then. I used to feel that way towards writing when I thought I HAD to do it as a career. Now that I've relaxed and decided to pursue a more realistic career path my writing and creativity have improved and I'm having fun again.

I think it's pretty clear OP is a huge bitch, and will never make it. I've dealt with people like him. You can take a horse to water but you can't turn it drink.

>Take a break
>Try powerlifting
>Try gear
Pick any of these

If you're gonna quit you just do it. You don't have to come here and ask permission. Not everyone needs to lift.

If you do want motivation, then you are approaching it in the most pitiful and whiny way you possibly could. Maybe it's that personality trait that's holding you back from feeling like a man when you pick up heavy things

>neither does lifting, look up what lifting does to your body when done correctly, the chemicals it releases in the body

You fucking dumb nigger. If you hate it it will diminish your quality of life because the rewards are not worth the efforts. It's not about the action itself. You're one dumb cunt.

I've done quite a bit of art in the past but if you're just going to boast as a random user it's safe to say you're just trying to bait me.

I do other things than this obviously. Don't be dumb.

There are a near infinite amount of other productive things you can do. Do you need me to write every single one out for you, you dumb autist? Also, quote where I said that lifting was not a productive activity.

Lmao you are delusional my man. Talk to any serious artist and none of them will say that they hate it. I guarantee that EVERY single lifter you speak to in the gym that has good gains will tell you that they enjoy lifting in both the results and the process itself, even with its occasional frustration. Get real.

I never came here for motivation. Just different perspectives on how people enjoy lifting to see if I can see it in a different light. I've been consciously adjusting my attitude towards lifting but no matter how I slice it, it is shit. I'm not asking for permission to quit.

THIS LIFE AINT FOR EVERYONE BUDDY

> You're one dumb cunt.
>You fucking dumb nigger.
>waaaaaaaaah

Fuck hell he's so fucking mad, imagine if he put this anger into lifting.

>I've done quite a bit of art in the past
yeah doodling in your school book doesn't count

How embarrassing, I love when people like you make threads, they all come and cry and then vanish into a life of regret

I've got some advice for you but I doubt it'll land. Relax, take it easy because if you don't, I'm wondering if we can borrow your brain, we're building an idiot and we need one

sounds like you're just a loser m8

You claim to like lifting and art on an anonymous imageboard, and then doubt others do the same. Dumb cunt, kill yourself.

>Can't even counter one of my points.

Into the trash you go

Enjoying lifting isn't complex. I don't diet or follow a strict program. I'm also not huge, but I have made enough progress in the last year that my friends comment on it.

My enjoyment comes from mastering things I couldn't do before and getting my heart pumping. When I miss a day that I should have gone to the gym I physically feel that I'm missing something important, and I want to move my body. It didn't used to be like this, but overtime I've gotten used to the good feelings from exercise. I also like that when I'm done and I put in good effort I'm worn out and HUNGRY, so I can eat a nice big meal. I don't mess around with shakes, I just eat food that I like (I like the right types of food though).

When I grab the bar and try to lift some amount of weight and I'm shaky or I have shit form or I just can't do much it feels frustrating. But that's the low that makes the high worth it. When I finally nail something that's been frustrating me, it's amazing. A good-feeling PR on my bench and a compliment from a friend could make my whole day.
There were years previous to this one when I lifted and didn't make much progress. I didn't have good sleep habits and I was depressed and stressed out most of the time. Those parts of my life are better now, and today I can look in the mirror and see that progress I've made. It isn't super fast, but it's enough to get me excited about my next steps and harder workouts.

You can into this thread admitting you're a loser, everyone called you a loser, you didn't like it, now you're trying to be the 'alpha' or winner of this thread. This is top level patheticness.

You will [not] succeed..

I didn't admit that I was a loser, but that I have a dilemma. Can you read properly? When anons are being dumb I'm going to call them out on it, that's all. If they can't actually read (Like you), then their words are useless.

Thank you, I'll definitely give that some thought.

>but that I have a dilemma

Yeah the dilemma is you're a loser, the quicker you accept that, the quicker you'll grow. We've all been there.

People getting this buttmad over all of this.

Just fucking chill.

You either lift or you don't, if you quit, we feel regretful letting you go, because if you do, you'll never achieve the ideal the rest of us are striving for.

We actually have a chance of achieving something great and whenever someone starts talking about quitting, we will counter those points just like we have countered them within our own heads many times.

It's nothing personal and you yourself are asking for it by coming here and putting it on the table.

Honestly though. OP is a and a sad pathetic one at that...

Btw you can get pros that I get from lifting if you just ran or swam a couple times a week and just worked purposefully on some other challenging project.

You need to think about why you really want to lift, cause if you're telling yourself you absolutely must do it/must look a certain way so that you can get/be worthy of X, you're gonna be miserable. I wanna get big, but I don't have to. I'm happy with the way I look now too. And I'm not lifting to get a girl.

>Animefag is a whiny bitch
Colour me surprised. And inb4 hurdur do you know where you are? You can watch anime without being a fag about it like this poster, stay away from the popular basic bitch shows this is what it does to your mind.

Makes sense. Thank you.

I fall into that line of very rigid thinking that I have to be x in order to achieve y. That feeling of always falling short if I haven't reached that goal may be one of the core reasons I hate lifting, because it's a slow process and it's not my desire to lift in order for its own sake, but as a means to something else. Maybe I should just cut to the chase of what I want to go for and then return to lifting. If that was the case I could probably enjoy it way more since I don't feel like things are so out of reach. If I satisfy some other areas of life, I may get that old hunger of lifting back.

Thank you.

I don't watch anime much, I just like the character and felt like posting her.

lmaoing @ ur life

What a fucking faggot

>Missing the point entirely

I'm not regretful. In fact, I want more and more people to quit because of how much of us. OP already knows that the drive to lift as well as to progress in anything else is internal. The only real reason I'm pissed at this faggot fucking thread is because he thinks we'll offer him externally what comes from internally. It's like no you stupid bitch, this is what women do.

>... because of how much *better that makes the rest of* us.

>I want more and more people to quit because
you are a selfish naive bitch

>I'm pissed because he thinks
good job making yourself angry using an assumption

>It's like no you stupid bitch, this is what women do.
This is your battle right here. You have some macho complex and the thought of you quitting makes you feel like a bitch inside.

What the fuck OP, you cant just randomly insult people back when they point out that you are a weak willed faggot, especially when you asked for it.

If you are this sensitive, you might want to consider leaving this place forever, and joining tumblr instead.

>b-but im not a loser, its just a dillema

Do you really believe your own lies? Cause they are weak as fuck.

Fucking Golden thread, I love how OP uses 'faggot, nigger and cunt' as his only insults. Tells you everything you need to know.

What battle? You're looking for an adversary, I only stated the obvious. You ignored the basic point of my arguement. The drive to progress in anything is internal. So if you don't like lifting and prefer to whine about having to do it, quit. That'll make the people who don't quit look that much better.

I'm not op you faggot and I'm here to tell op not to quit. I just deconstructed your post, because you are a naive faggot and you come at me with your same old classical american reasoning.

looks like my little witch academia.

Don't you feel good after exerting yourself physically? For me, life has taken on a different hue. I feel more vital and aware since I started exercising strenuously regularly.
Don't think of it as just for the body. You are developing your own capacity to deal with physical discomfort, which will transfer to your ability to deal with mental discomfort that you must push through to do serious mental work. Every action in your day is an opportunity to train the volitional muscles which impel you to go onward when you want to quit.

Do you think bitching at your computer and fishing for (you)s is a more productive use of your time?

How exactly is setting aside time to DO what you need to do to get the body you want a waste of time? Why do you keep making excuses?

Ditch the little girl cartoons and then we'll talk.

Speaking as an autistic artfag, I'm grinding my teeth while I work. Because I know I can make something beautiful but my retarded hands can't keep up with the shit spewing out of my head.

I still keep fucking drawing, faggot, because I know I will get better and stronger and soon will be able to surpass the greats if I persevere and stay honest with myself.

OP deserves everything that is coming to him, and will die alone and sad and ugly.

No one will mourn you, OP. Your (you)s are temporary. Your faggotry is infinite.

You ask for help and get defensive when offered criticism. You will not survive the winter and you will not reach your goals because you don't actually want them. You aren't willing to suffer for your ideals, and as such are less than a man. You are a fucking worm.

Shit thread desu. Good day to you sir.

>I feel like it takes up a block of time that could have been spent better elsewhere, where my quality of life may be improved with less effort.
Like what, retard?

itt: bunch of kiddos who started lifting two months ago

it's normal OP, lifting can be boring some times, specially when you get stuck on your progress, just focus on the health benefits or quit and use your time for something else, chances are that you will give yourself time to miss it and eventually go back to it

t. OP

fuck off you weak willed shit stain

t. triggered baby's firsts steps into lifting buttmad faggot

try not to kill yourself the first time you decide to skip a workout kiddo

>skipping workouts
go away weakling

Do it for Akko

>Veeky Forums berates a robot
nice, fucking hate the faggots on that board

As a musician rather than an illustrator I'm actually spending a whole lot more time on theory than I am actual music
Even though I've been playing for years every time I record something I almost ALWAYS have the scales and chords I need laid out for me to stare at when writing
I'm sure people assume I memorize that shit

>I could be putting effort in better things than health and fitness
If you can't take an hour out of your day to improve your body then you will never be able to finish any of your "projects".

THEN FUCK OFF AND DIE ALREADY

Do you think he knows? That's just an empty excuse for him to feel better about his own completely useless soft retard faggot self.
In fact this is the default mindset in western culture nowadays: everything is the world's fault and the world owes me everything I want. This irresponsible extrospective post-modernistic view of life will be the undoing of the once-great western civilization. This shit only used to be popular with the third wave feminists and the like but just in a short few years the entire fucking population is jumping on it. Know why? Because it's easy, and literally everyone including the media tells modern western children that it's ok to do the easy things since you'll receive the same recognition. Why would anyone want to pursue greatness when sitting on your ass all day to complain about your life on the internet while doing absolutely nothing to improve it would get the same pat on the back? There is no more value to perseverance and conscientiousness in the modern western society, it's full of nothing but mentally deficient retarded children who look like adults.
It's a cancer started by the no child left behind coddling bullshit during the post-baby boom era. Your men are literally whiny spineless women who wouldn't take responsibility for themselves. The west is gloriously fucked sideways from Sunday and any of you can do is keep whining on the internet. Fucking pathetic.

>my little witch academia
Stop mixing up your fucking titles

Hey OP, I hear about moments of tested resolve like this and it's the people that can navigate those waters and continue their dedication that will rise to the top of whatever inquiry they're in (lifting, college, marriage, business ownership, and one time with a guitarist).

I hope you keep that in mind. I predict that you'll come across that feeling no matter what you're doing when you want to be good at it.

Even though I would suggest you try a martial art and see how you like it in comparison.

First I thought this would be a thread about what we don't like about our gyms in particular and not some existential ramblings.

I already saved up a pic about wasps, because my "home gym" as I call my garden shack has 2 wasp nets and they keep bugging me when they can't find their exit again. As long as no one of the fucking cuts stings me, they are allowed to exist since it is winter soon anyway.
I'm still posting this because the rest of the thread doesn't seem to be too high in quality.

>Your (you)s are temporary.
>Making it

Pick only the 1st one. You're never gonna make it.

Find the type of training that suits your "I don't like to spend a lot of time in the gym" mindset, because if you lose your motivation it's pointless to workout.

there are a lot of ways to train. Find the one that keeps you motivated.

this is why i lift in my home
i have a bench for bench press, barbells and dumbels and 70kg of weights

uh with noob gains you can definitely get that within half a year or less, it just depends on how hard you train and what type of calisthenics you're doing

just stop fucking whining and quit. stop shitting up a Mongolian leg press forum with shit that you need to figure out yourself. stop posting

>Just different perspectives on how people enjoy lifting to see if I can see it in a different light
i use it to release anger. that and combat sports. I have a lot of pent up rage that I can express through physical exertion. that, and I just like picking heavy things up. I like feeling tired after a workout. I like coming to the gym after work and spitting out every last bit of energy I have in my workout, going home, cooking myself a meal, and sleeping. I like using rest days to do stuff that calm me down (camping, archery) that don't require as much energy, knowing that I worked my ass off form the "reward" that I partake in on my rest days. I cant tell you exactly why I like lifting, just that I feel like looking better is just a nice side effect of lifting, and doesnt out weigh what it does for me in the short term.