Veeky Forums memes you fell for

Veeky Forums memes you fell for

>Low rep OHP is all you need for big shoulders
>Overtraining
>Mcdoubles
>Compounds are enough for abs
>Natty lifting

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10210327/McDouble-is-cheapest-and-most-nutritious-food-in-human-history.html
strongerbyscience.com/athlete-protein-intake/
webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/overtraining-topic-overview
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>high fat diet

>you need a rest day

>McDoubles

I'm not pro fast food, but c'mon

telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10210327/McDouble-is-cheapest-and-most-nutritious-food-in-human-history.html

Just ditch the bun.

>Carbs make you fat; muh insulin
>Bro split (one bodypart per day, just like IFBB pros)
>1g of protein per lb of bodyweight
>Creatine loading
>Taking creatine with fruit juice
>Meme supplements, which is almost all of them, but especially complete bullshit like VPX Plasma Expander
>Thinking test boosters will do anything.

How can people drink a whole fucking gallon of that? I can barely drink one mug before wanting to puke my eyes out.

>1g of protein per lb of bodyweight
Who the hell told you that?

start with 1L/day for a week, up to 2L/day in the next week, etc.

isn't zach quite handsome nowadays?

It's 1g protein/KILOGRAM bodyweight moron

Why mix metric and imperial? Does that make sense to you

Who hurt you

We do whatever the fuck we want you dumb europoor dweeb

Literally everyone. Read a bodybuilding magazine published sometime in the last 50 years. It's all a scam to sell protein powder, of course.

You actually need even less than 1g/kg. And I'm not a moron, newfag. I obviously don't buy into the high protein meme now. But when I started out, II was a fucking dyel teenager who fell for the (((Weider))) scam, just like millions of other people around the world.

>most nutritious because it's cheap calories

this guy does realise that too many calories is literally the leading health problem in the developed world right?

You can tell by your post you look like shit

there are a ton of studies showing results up to about 1g per pound, I mean its closer to like 0.8 per lean pound but you don't hurt yourself going a little over. So long as you aren't going nuts trying to eat 200g per day or eating 30% of your total calories as protein.

What should I do after a few months on SL ? The goal is to look good.

I actually eat 200g of proteins per day

I heard everywhere, and in the sticky, that you need 2,2g per kilogram of bodyweight. Do you have links to prove it's false ?

add accessory/aesthetic lifts?
continue lp until you finish the program and move on

You can't finish SL, or do you mean until I finish the first 12 weeks ?

you finish when you can't increase the weight every workout anymore

What next, then ? What are good bodybuilding routines if I have done, let's say 3 or 4 months of SL ?

The sticky gives 1 routine but I don't think I'd like doing it

It's 1g per lb of LEAN body mass

>lifting to improve heterosexual sexual opportunities

>keto
>1g of protons per pound of bw
>laundry list of isolations

>women give a shit what you look like
>you need to lift weight to build muscle
>you need to avoid machines
>eating meat

This

t. work for gay people and they compliment my physique but ive never gotten a compliment from a grill about muscle

>Brosplit sucks it's just a meme
> PPL

What's the alternative for bro-splits? Been doing that since forever

not everyone is a porker with no self control user

Hit each muscle group 2 times per week.

How much protein do you need?

They taught me this in my nutrition courses

>year of our Lord 2017
>not taking advice from randos above your education
Fucking nurt I bet you can read as wel.

Focusing on compound lifts

lean muscle is not bodyweight. its about 100lbs for most humans. so 100g of proteins.

Light lifter detected

when did isley mae it into videogame

I only press 105lb for 5 reps, however, I always do dropsets in increments of 10 or 5 after my initial sets until I am unable to press the bar. I usually end up doing like 12 or 15 sets. Is this gonna make my shoulders blow up? Tell me yes.

It's 1g protein/kg of DESIRED INCREASE in LEAN MUSCLE MASS

>105lb
>blow up

Yea yea I'm not pretending to be big. It's gonna work, though, right? 1.75 times a week, pressing until I can't lift the bar, then some press machine, and lmao10lb db lateral raises until failure for a few sets is gonna do something.

Seconded. It triggers me that people talk about 1g/lb bring a meme but don't offer any alternative answer

The sticky says body weight, so I'm sticking to that. If you can cite a specific study about your claim though, I would appreciate that.

strongerbyscience.com/athlete-protein-intake/

Read this and look at the studies referenced. You don't need THAT much protein, but animal protein is more anabolic than plant protein because of the better amino acid structure and once you.get beyond a certain point the difference becomes less noticable.

Imagine just how long it would take for someone who can ohp 3pl8 to work down to not being able to do the bar, not even stopping to take off 10lb at a time. Do fuckin 4 sets of 12 like a normal god damn person, you fuckin moron.

Nah. When I can lift more I'll just stop at more weight than just the bar. I enjoy doing a gorillion sets of OHP.
I bet I'll look better in three months than the starting strength cucks.

>meme programs
>supplements actually being nothing more than snake oil.
Now I'm just sticking to fundamentals and eating well, seeing much more progress than ever before.

>DNP
Don't do it guys. It's miserable.

you just need 1 g ever. had 1 g of protein? you set

Why not 3?

you can do 3/5 but make sure you rest between sets

>Overtraining

overtraining is real.
webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/overtraining-topic-overview

Yeah but Veeky Forums acts like if you do an extra set your will over train and make no gains

I’d say move on to 5/3/1 but add your own accessories.

>strength = size

This has to be the biggest one to date ever spread on Veeky Forums

You don't but the older I get and stronger I get the closer to 1g/lbs I get. But hey if it works for you and you can move good weight (above1/2/3 4 for reps)
or look aesthetic (good mass with 16inch bis + abs ) then go crazy.
Do note that even 400g protein did not have any side effects.

>105 shoulder press

you realize thats not even intermediate level?
someone who presses 155 for 3x5 will look infinitely better than you with your stupid insane dropset shit

Webby don't you do Hepburn method it looks like right up your alley.

Webby wtf auto correct I meant why

will the extra set make a difference or will it hinder your progress? i guess the point try to make is stick to the program. a novice doesn't need much to make progress. milk the simple programs for everything they've got

i can't believe there are still people this retarded.

so a guy benching 185 for 6 can be the same size as a guy benching 225 for 8?

kindly stfu. you have no idea what you're talking about.

if you get stronger, you get bigger. fact.

>Overtraining
this is the biggest mem, it's called stress management

>if you get stronger, you get bigger. fact.

How do powerlifters gain strength and remain in the same weight class?

>Overtraining
But it is real dumbass

Peaking, and the fact that your not gonna gain that much muscle. 225-315 lbs might be the difference of 2 lbs muscle, which could easily be in the same weight class, especially if you lose some fat.

how is too much calories even real hahaha nigga just exercise like nigga just do cardio haha

>if you get stronger, you get bigger. fact

Fuck off

its called peaking, which they use special programming for to get their 1RMs in. they also cut water weight. this is common knowledge.

LOL how about you fuck off. if you don't get bigger by getting stronger please tell me how you do get bigger? keep in mind we are talking about naturals here.

go on, tell me how you get bigger as a natural lifter without getting stronger.

Yea, but someone who presses 155 for 3x5 and then does dropsets afterwards will look better than that guy.

Volume you fucking DYEL.

LOL.

Pro tip: guess what happens when you've gained strength and gone from a 185x5 bench to a 225x5 bench? You've done MORE VOLUME. LOL

Guess what happens when you go from 5x5 to 5x8 with the same weight? You've increased your strength to gain those extra reps and through that increased your volume.

Same way doing a 3x8 with 315 barbell rows is more volume than a 3x8 with 225.

More strength = more weight on the bar = more volume

You're the DYEL here bud.

Its 1g per lb of lean mass you fucking retard

>1g per kg

Worst fucking meme

See how much muscle you gain taking in sub 100g of protein as a 6'3 93kg male

But thats not what we are discussing you muslim piece of shit.

We discuss that training for strength is different than training for muscle mass.

1-5 reps are best for strength training and they are shit for bodybuilding aka mass gaining.

In all seriousness, Starting Strength is the best book on FORM, and everyone should read it.

StrongLifts has the best app (pay the $10), and every beginner should use it.

After looking at both, I created this program:

Sun, Tue, Thu - A/B

A

Squat 5x5 -> 3x5
Press 5x5 -> 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chin-up grip Pulldown 2x10

B

Squat 5x5 -> 3x5
Bench 5x5 -> 3x5
Row 5x5 -> 3x5

Starting Weights

Squat/Press/Bench - 45 lbs
Deadlift/Row/Pulldown - 65 lbs

Increments

Squat 2.5 lbs
Everything else 5 lbs

5x5 -> 3x5 = Start with 5 sets and move to 3 sets when the StrongLifts app says you need to do warm up sets.

Run the program for about 4 months. By that time, your lifts will begin to stall, and you will need intermediate programming.

>women give a shit about what you look like
t-they don't? obviously disregarding the obese case

Show us.

Huh? I thought that someone at 175lbs with 20% bodyfat would have 150lbs-ish LBM?

1g per 1 lb for imperial retards
1g per 1 kilo for metric masterrace

>1-5 reps are best for strength training and they are shit for bodybuilding aka mass gaining.

LOL, no.

True strength training (power/Olympic lifting) ends up focusing on 1-3 rep worksets.

5 rep sets is just general purpose training. Also, 5x5 (25 reps) is actually more volume than the body building 3x8 (24 reps).

Even if you upped it to 3x10, you will still probably do less volume than 5x5 due to the weight difference.

dyel baud

Not him but I'm guessing you have to account for the weight of guts, skeleton, brains etc.

The sticky is old and was written by a skinnyfat lanklet.

Total mass is lean + fat everywhere.

>The sticky is old and was written by a skinnyfat lanklet.
Meanwhile sports institutes world wide recommend 0.8-1g/lb and some twink on fit says otherwise interdasting.

.8-1g per lean bodymass.
Anyone who says any different is talking about people who are on heavy amounts of gear and do ridiculous workouts.

How is that not what we were discussing?
Don't try to move the goalposts. I said getting stronger will get you bigger and you told me to fuck off

> 1-5 reps are shit for bodybuilding aka mass gaining

You have the mindset of a simpleton. You don't understand what training volume is. It's been debunked numerous times about the "hypertrophy rep range". You get hypertrophy off of any rep range as long as volume is sufficient. The only difference is lifting with a percentage closer to your 1rm (aka low reps) produce a better strength benefit than reps in the higher range. That doesn't mean they're not good for "mass gain". Hell, 5x5 (low reps) is more volume than 3x8 (high reps) and therefore better for hypertrophy.

You're probably one of those morons that browses bodybuilding.com and thinks 3x5 will turn you into a fat powerlifter and 3x8 will turn you into jeff seid.

user...
We have scientific proof that 5x5 is sub optimal when it comes to mass gains.
Not only that, but a bodybuilding type workout can provide up to 90% of the same strength gains.

All you'll get from 5x5 is fat injured and only a bit stronger then a general weight lifter who wants to look good at the beach and while banging his gf.
PS the work capactiy he gets from a bodybuilding/mass building type workout ensures that he'll decimate that pussy.

woah

I was cutting @ 210 with a protein shake & got stronger on my cut. Since then I learned protein powder is a scam so -40 grams

I weighed 170 so...1g/lb

its not hard just accept you're only gonna eat chicken, greek yogurt, and calculated amounts of steak

I got more attention from girls after I lost weight.I thought girls didn't like me cuz I was too skinny.

>We have scientific proof that 5x5 is sub optimal
>He says based on a 20 people study with no mention of methodology or type of excercise nor control of diet or macros
How do I know you're a teen dyel?

> We have scientific proof that 5x5 is sub optimal when it comes to mass gains.
Not only that, but a bodybuilding type workout can provide up to 90% of the same strength gains.

Point to the scientific study that shows this, oh yeah there isn't one. Total volume is what gives you mass gains. You can use any rep range to get that volume - more easily with 5x5 than 3x8.
Rep range doesn't matter for hypertrophy as long as volume is sufficient.

> All you'll get from 5x5 is fat injured and only a bit stronger then a general weight lifter who wants to look good at the beach and while banging his gf.

Good Lord... I almost feel like this is bait. I've never realized still how far gone some of you people are with your broscience.
No, 3x5 or 5x5 will not make you fat and injured. Its simply a different way of training, it's a rep scheme and its a great way to build up strength quick. More strength, more muscle.
You're literally retarded if you believe 5x5 makes you fat and 3x8 makes you look good. How good you look is a function of leanness.

> PS the work capactiy he gets from a bodybuilding/mass building type workout ensures that he'll decimate that

No ones arguing against those type of workouts or high volume workouts. The original argument was that strength doesn't equal size. It does. If that individual doing that bodybuilding type workout were to increase the amount of weight or reps he's doing in whatever exercises, he's gained strength. And therefore he's gain size. Extremely basic concept.