/routine/

Pic related is the base Texas Method LP.
Is it a good idea to replace the Power Clean and GHR/Back extensions with Barbell rows?

do rack pulls(below knee) /deficit deadlifts (alternate each week) instead

just replace power cleans with rows and your good,
id personally do 3x5 instead aswell

So that you are rowing on mon and wed? No. Do some light variation of a deadlift on mon (power cleans are awesome why not do them?) and keep the GHR/back extensions on wed. Its supposed to be an easy day.

Replace the clean with pendlay rows for the same sets and reps, keep the ghr/back extensions. Don't forget your pullups too, that looks like a super format for texas method.

Where would I add the pull ups?

That program is absolutely terrible, push pull ratio is fucked beyond belief.
No vertical pull and close to no horizontal pull.

rows work completely different parts of your body. Add them if you like but do some kind of posterior work besides deadlifts

TM is good but try a Upper lower variation.
Upper Volume
Lower Volume
X
x
Upper PR
Lower PR
X

Do em on wednesday, 3 sets at a high rep range

is madcow good as a person who does 3 bjj and 2 muay thai classes a week

(I'm neither of you)
I'm planning to set it up as follows after November 10
Lower volume
X
Upper volume + lower recovery
X
Lower intensity + upper recovery
X
Upper intensity

I've done that.

The problem is that UpVol takes a toll on the LoInt workout.

The thing that works about TM is that it allows 3/4 complete days for recovery and go for those PRs.
The downside of TM is that whenever you had a shitty IntDay for whatever reason -life happens-, it feels like you threw a complete week down the drain and leaves you clueless about the next volume day load -deload? same load? increase load?-.

same from One template that worked for me for a long time was

Lo Vol
Up vol + pw pulls
x
x
Sq int + up int
DL int + aux -for weak spots based on the last two weeks deficiencies-
x

This, and it's fucking dreadful trying to unstick from it whatever you do. Ploughing ahead on volume can fuck up the next intensity day, deloading just feels like wasted time, and repeating the week has its problems too (because it's hard to work out if your IntDay stall was too little stress or too little recovery without autistically recording everything.)

Would only recommend people do TM if they literally aren't doing anything else. A single fuckup can end up setting you back a month because it's so dependent on your having complete control of your week, diet, training times, etc.

don't change the back extensions, they are meant to be light for recovery

Do power cleans till you puke faggot

>I've done that.
Exactly that way? Moving all 3 upper days 2 days after their respective lower day?
>The problem is that UpVol takes a toll on the LoInt workout.
Really? Damn, it looked good on paper.
I wanted to try it because vanilla TM doesn't work for me (it does work desu for squats, but nothing else)
I did a weird PPL TM 6 days last summer, like squats 5rm + deads 5x5/bench 5rm + OHP 5x5/rows 5rm and chinups 5x5/repeat but alternate the two first. It worked extremely well, it was the only program that got me from 140/105/170 for a single to 5rm. Everything else that Veeky Forums recommended like gzcl, c6w or 531 made me either regress or stall, so now I'm trying to come up with a TM variation that works (because it's the only training template that works for me) but doesn't take up 6 days of my time. That's why I made this template up.

>Exactly that way?

I was doing
Lo vol
x
Up vol
x
Lo int
Up int
x

wasn't doing the recovery sets at all except for some 3x3 light paused squats on the press volume day

>it looked good on paper.
with the bench there's not much problem, but the standing press takes it's toll on the lower back with kinda fuck up the squat or deadlift PR.
At least that was my personal experience. I switched that template after a couple of weeks for the 2 days xx 2 days x one.

>with the bench there's not much problem, but the standing press takes it's toll on the lower back with kinda fuck up the squat or deadlift PR.
That's reassuring, I've got a meet in 6 months so I'm only doing light OHP on recovery day, volume and intensity are full bench. Thanks man, I really hope I can get to 350 Wilks with that

How are these accessories for gzclp?

GZCL

Workout A1
T1 Squat
T2 Bench
T2 Romanian deadlift
T3 Lat Pulldown
T3 Facepulls
T3 Biceps

Workout B1
T1 OHP
T2 Deadlift
T2 Close grip Bench press
T3 Seated Row
T3 Triceps
T3 Abs & Calves

Workout A2
T1 Bench
T2 Squat
T2 Romanian deadlift
T3 Lat Pulldown
T3 Facepulls
T3 Biceps

Workout B2
T1 Deadlift
T2 OHP
T2 Close grip Bench press
T3 Seated Row
T3 Triceps
T3 Abs & Calves

ah, if bench is your staple then it's fine.

Good luck with your meeting user!

Bump

It looks really good, except this
>Workout B1
>T1 OHP
>T2 Close grip Bench press
>T3 Triceps
>Workout A2
>T1 Bench
Maybe tone down the triceps volume the day before T1 bench. Even with one day of rest, I don't think it's enough. Do more shoulders (lat raises, but no db press) biceps, back, quads, reverse hypers, calves, whatever

6 day PPL routine, with added core, neck, and forearm training

/ = superset

Push Day:
Dumbell Bench 3x5/Dumbell Seated OHP 3x5
Dips 3x8-12 (currently with assistance until strong/Incline/Decline/CloseGrip Bench Press 3x8-12(will alternate these to mix it up)
- Will do 3x25 neck curls in this set
Tricep Work 3x8-12 (Pushdowns, Skullcrushers, Extensions)/Dumbell Flys 3x20-24
- Will do reverse neck curls within circuit
- Core circuit after

Pull Day:
Pullups 3x5 (will switch up and do variations)/Rows 3x5 (single arm DB, or BB)
Pulldowns 8x12/Seated Cable Rows 8x12 (or FacePulls)
Shrugs 3x15/Curls 3x20
- Will do forearm routine at the end, with core mixed in

Legs:
Deadlift 5x5
Leg Press 3x8-12/Glute Bridges 3x12-15
-Neck Curls
Squat Machine 3x8-12/RDLs 3x8-12
-Side Neck Curls
-Core Circuit after

Push 2:
Same thing but change up exercises
Forearm Routine at end
No neck, no core

Pull 2:
Same thing but change up exercises
No neck, no core, no forearme

Legs 2:
Same as before
Mile of Cardio after

Forgot to mention, I had a bad knee, so thats why no heavy squats

Maybe you should start squatting again to fix your knee. Also learn how to squat with proper form.

Played D1 football, hurt my knee while playing. No a good idea long term to squat heavy

This is superior to Texas method were you try to add 5 lbs on all lifts the same day, while pissing about gains, because you do few sets with high weights.,This program will allow you to add 2,5 or 5 lbs per main lift each week. For like, forever.
AxBxCxx 3 days a week, as the Gods intended.

This is similar to that GZLP-shit, but actually has lighter volume days to make you grow wile resting on some days.

Every week you build a lift to a 1rm, 5 lbs heavier than previous week,
Middle section is just 5x5 for a basic compound that hits every involved muscle in the main 3 lifts, these also increase per week.

Assistance range is 10-25 reps, don't forget to do abs every day at the gym, like standing cable crushers, weighted planks.

Day1
Power - Push /OHP
Volume - Pull / Storm-Rows
Assistance - Legs / Leg-curls, Farmer walks in stairs, GHR Nordic raises, Leg-press, body weight squats.

Day 2
Power - Pull - Rack pulls / Weighted Chinups (Rack pulls hit traps, erectors, glutes and lower back hard. Chinups hit rear delt, bicep and lats hard.) Both exrecises are needed to test the power of the back. Do them same day, or switch.
Volume - Legs / Squats
Assistance - Push / Flys, Skullcrushers, front raises, side raises - Cable-stuff, Light Dumbbell presses

Day 3
Power - Legs / Deadlift
Volume - Push / Incline Benchpress, (I chose incline because the carryover to OHP) supersetted with Side lateral raises
Assistance - Pull / Facepulls, Curls, Shrugs, wrist-work, lat-pulldowns.

I recommend incline curls on Deadlift day, and preacher curls on OHP-day. If you do week 1 rack pullsm week 2 Chinups, throw in some curls and reardelts for rack pull, RDL/Stifflegged DL on chinup-day.

Haven't had a plateau yet!

Squatting heavy with correct form reduces injuries. -stronger = less prone to injury.

Day 1
Power - Legs / Deadlift
Volume - Push / Incline Benchpress, supersetted with Side lateral raises
Assistance - Pull / Facepulls, Curls, Shruggs, wrist-work,

Day 2
Power - Push /OHP
Assistance - Legs / Leg-curls, Farmer walks, GHR

Day 3
Power - Pull - Rack pulls / Chinups
Volume - Legs / Squats
Assistance - Push / Flys, Skullcrushers, front raises, side raises

>>>Fixed the order

what are some powerlifting programs with some acessories in mind for aesthetics

Monday Day 1
Power - Legs / Deadlift
Volume - Push / Incline Benchpress, supersetted with Side lateral raises
Assistance - Pull / Facepulls, Curls, Shruggs, wrist-work,

Tuesday Uphill SPRINT 8 sets of 8 second sprints

Wednessdat Day 2
Power - Push /OHP
Assistance - Legs / Leg-curls, Farmer walks, GHR

Thursday Kettle-bell swings. 5 x 1 Minute, Amrap.

Friday Day 3
Power - Pull - Rack pulls / Chinups
Volume - Legs / Squats
Assistance - Push / Flys, Skullcrushers, front raises, side raises

Saturday Rowing-machine + Pushups

Sunday - 15 mile walk.

see That guy reinvented that wheel, but made it better I say.

post body

This was a year ago.

I started my new program in may, look much better now. Wish I could take a new pic.

>3x10 deadlifts

yep, it's total dog shit

T2 means similar movement pattern. T2 squats may mean front squats or hip belt squats. T2 bench may mean dips. In a similar fashion, T2 deadlifts may mean good mornings, GHR, reverse hypers, block pulls, RDL, whatever.
Oh, by the way, post body

AxBxA

A
Back Squat 3x5
OHP 3X5
Behind the neck press 3x10
Deadlift 3x5
Pull up 3x10
Ab roller 3x8

B
Front Squat 3x5
Snatch grip deadlift 3x5
Pendlay row 3x5
Chin up 3x10
Ab roller 3x8
Dips 3x10

This good? Looking to transition into Olympic lifting eventually.

Anyone can recommend a intermediate form of pic related?

Want to work more maybe spend more time in the gym

could i get some feedback here?

also is it feasible to progress upper body compounds at 7.5lb/week instead of 5 while still a novice lifter?

Christ almighty I do not miss the Texas Method or Madcow or any of that ultra boring bullshit. Honestly only do that shit if your goal is to compete in powerlifting. If you're just a recreational lifter just straight up do Naturally Enhanced or something like a UL program. NE has become a meme program but it legit is phenomenal for getting huge and making rapid strength progression. I can post them template here if anyone wants it.

Throw it up if you're still here. I'm in the market for a new program.

bump

>deadlifts are somehow special and must be treated differently than other lifts, my precious CNS is a faberge egg and i'm a big pussy

lmao @ u

While he is seriously underestimating the work capacity of any decent lifter, he is kind of right that deadlifts (and certain other movements) tend to beat people up more than equivalent volume on, say, most squat variations. There's a reason that most coaches pull back on deadlift intensity/frequency compared to what they'll program for other competitive lifts.

>Naturally Enhanced or something like a UL program. NE has become a meme program but it legit is phenomenal for getting huge and making rapid strength progression.
Go away Alex

that's common knowledge, but also somewhat individual - squats fuck me up a lot worse recovery wise than deadlifts with an equivalent number of sets, and i'm a much better deadlifter than i am squatter

but this pussy idea that deadlifts have to be treated extra special carefully ow mine CNS one set a week only needs to die already

not him, but deadlifts do need to be treated carefully for some people.
you're right that this doesn't apply to large group of people, so you should just try and see how you respond.
generic programs are shit anyway.

Thanks

I need some feedback, I'm coming back after tearing a labrum and trying to do things right this time around. No deadlifts because of a leg length issue causing pain.

Frequency method chins and Scapular push-ups

::A::
3x5 Lowbar squat
3x5 RG Bench Press
3x5 RG T-bar row
-
3x8-12 Glute pull throughs
2x External rotations
2x Dead hangs

::B::
3x5 Lowbar squat
3x5 Press
3x8-12 Lat Pulldowns
-
3x8-12 Cable Facepulls
2x8-12 Cable Hammer curls
2x Dead Hangs

::A/B Core work::
2x
Plank
Side plank
Reverse crunch
Side plank
2x BW Glute bridge

Get a shim and DL nigger

No insurance, and no money.
Trust me, I'd love to. But having one spinal erector take the brunt of the load isn't nice. It's already kind of a pain with the Lowbar squat.

you don't need healthcare or a shim for money

just superglue some rubber to your sole

whoops, should read money for a shim* my bad

I have a leg length discrepancy too.
I used to get hip pain from deadlifts.
Got a shim (was $25 for 2) and switched to (semi) sumo, and it's much better.

this is retarded shit that would easily hit the front page of /r/all

The first paragraph is 80% true but the second is completely missing the forest for the trees. The point of a program is to help you progress, and different programs will help different lifters progress differently. Duh.

idk how he can claim in the first paragraph that "if you could find out how he's training now, you would be better suited knowing how he trained when he was at your current level" and then turn around and say the program you run doesn't matter. You can't have it both ways.

If someone wants to look like a fitness model you don't recommend madcow or TM to them and if some 6' 145lb. lanklet wants to be ready for football tryouts by the end of the summer you wouldn't recommend them a PPL routine. Programs vary in volume, intensity, rep range, and muscle group targeting, all factors which absolutely matter.

What's a good upperback exercise besides pendlay rows?

Chinup/pullup ofcourse.
Inverse rows and facepulls are nice too.
Olympic-type shrugs are nice for traps.

always been a fan of facepulls, especially if I'm running a program with lots of pushing (Ivysaur, nsuns 5/3/1 etc)

the fuck is a storm row?

I have the overhaul, it's got a couple different templates including a U/L. I'll post them if you guys want.

He's saying all that really matters is progressive overload, the route you take to get there is not important.

Which is true.

Posting anyway because why not

Anybody have a dumbell routine? My college has shit equipment and only has machines and dumbells. Thanks

bumping for feedback, please anons

You only need 1 rest day after lower body PR? You are doing squats and deads mate they are brutal.

Have you done this variation of the texas? It looks interesting how did you set it up? What exercises etc?

r8 my "aesthetics faggot with too much free time and a bit of noob gains to spare" GSLP variant

warmups for main lifts are 1x5 bar (from blocks in case of DL), 1x5 50% of working weight; "warmups" for accessories where applicable are first set = 50% of other two

Day 1:
2x5 1x5+ Overhead Press
2x5 1x5+ Neutral Grip Pulldown (too weak for noteworthy weighted chins/pullups, still do frequency bodyweight ones at home for now)
2x5 1x5+ Squat (Monday and Friday) or 1x5+ Deadlift (Wednesday)
3x8 Skull Crusher
3x12 Lat raises
3x15 Kneeling Cable Crunch
Farmers walks for time on squat days, for distance on DL days, weight yet to be assessed

Day 2:
2x5 1x5+ Bench Press
2x5 1x5+ T-Bar Row (can't Yates or Bent Over cuz injury)
2x5 1x5+ Squat (Monday and Friday) or 1x5 Deadlift (Wednesday)
3x8 Hammer Curls
3x12 Facepulls
3x15 Leg Raises or Reverse Crunch (depends on how much injury acts up)
Farmers walks for time on squat days, for distance on DL days, weight yet to be assessed

forgot: might fumble hip thrusts in there somewhere once injury is gone, but not sure how and when

I'm the poster of this GZCL Why wouldn't you want more accessories in your program?

>Texas Method LP
>LP

its DUP, not LP