How to train top portion of OHP?

I have trouble pushing through the top half of the OHP. The bottom is easy but the top half I have to grind through.

How do I train it?
I was thinking of overhead pressing with a pause in the middle or even better, half repping so I mostly train my triceps but is this dangerous?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0VNqwFAx1EA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pin press

Pin presses brah

youtu.be/0VNqwFAx1EA

pin press or push press and hold it at the top

then your technique is probably off

you should never miss a ohp rep that makes it past your head

I'm the exact opposite. Ill never fail a lockout. I always fail off the chest or at the chin

PUSH MOTHERFUCKING PRESS

Slow eccentric if you wanna be a fag
Alternatively just go heavier

for lockout: pin press and push press
for bottom part: press starts
overall good accessory: z press

That means you're push pressing off the bottom. Stop doing that.

Unless you want to train push press, in which case just do clean + jerk

Thanks for the advice!

How so?
I:
Squeeze ass
Breathe in with belly and then flex it
Hold the bar slightly outside shoulder width
Don't use legs at the begining

I promise I'm not, I think I just have weak triceps. I even recorded myself and my legs stay straight.

learn to press faster and train the triceps

how to get a gf like this, lads?

Same gurl?

be black

Tricep extension, dips. The last part is mostly tricep doing the work

you really suck at that

be a world ruling race i.e aryan

Weird, I have the exact opposite problem. Lower part is hardest for me.

Are you pushing your head "through the window"?

The idea is that if you get your head forward asap, you get your shoulders directly under the bar, eliminating the moment arm caused by keeping the bar forward of your shoulders, increasing mechanical advantage and reducing the torque needed to rotate the shoulder.

The above user is right, you should never fail a rep that passes your head if you are using proper technique. The portion of the lift where the bar is in front of your face requires the greatest amount of torque at the shoulder.

that would be the jews though

jews are aryan ashkenazi jews are north european obviously

just because you live in israel doesnt mean that youre any less northern european genetically speaking

i could rephrase and say that north europeans rule the world if that helps you

this

Stop cuckposting.

I do this. I externally rotate my shoulders gradually while also going under the bar.

Today I tried maxing 50kg (I know lmao) and failed at the height where the bar was at my forehead level.

>jews are aryan
Now I`ve heard everything

Great advice. Only thing I would add is do more overhead work, not all of it needs to be very heavy, but I like to hit it 3x a week.

Your shoulders should not rotate externally much at all.

You should think about keeping your elbows pointed forward until you're nearly locked out.

How wide is your grip? Mine is barely wider than my shoulder width... Like my index knuckle is basically in line with the outer edge of my shoulder in a y-z plane.

GIV MILKY NOW

So who is this fluid druid?

My width is exactly the same as yours(relative to yourself). There is no more than a couple centimeters of space between my thumb and edge of my delt.

Assuming that someone has correct form but weak triceps, how would their failed rep look?
At what point would they stick?

>it's impossible to miss half the ROM
fascinating, how much do you press?

It doesn't, where are you getting this information? It just means he has weaker triceps.

post press

Pin press, Lying tricep extensions and Dips.

do floor bench press to work your lockout

My press is stalling and I was wondering if I could have some advice to help with it. I have the ultimate long term goal of reaching a 1xBW press (currently 83kg@188cm). My current press PR is 60x7

My routine for it currently is based of 5/3/1 with joker sets and AMAP on the heaviest set, then volume on another day (3x8-10)

Monday - Heavy day ( work up to 1x5+ or 1x3+ or 1x1+)

Wednesday - Volume day (3x8-10)

Friday - Push press and incline DB press.

I also do lat raises 2x week, bench with a similar routine (light on Mondays and heavy on Wednesdays) and plenty of back work, and band pull aparts for rear delts.

I was thinking of instead moving to something like 5x10 on Fridays and just smash out even more volume, as opposed to relatively low volume push pressing? Does anyone have any other tips on how to press more?

same brah, i started just doing lighter and starting the bar as low as i could

>83 kg at 6'1-6'2
Nigga what are you doing? Stop being a pussy and put on weight.

Replace the push press with some pin pressing or dips, I don't get everyone's love with push press maybe i'm too efficient at it but push press uses my whole body and does very little for my pressing power.

Yeah I am going up in weight, a pretty solide 1kg+ every 3 weeks most of the time.

I felt the same about push pressing, just didn't feel like it was doing much for me. What sort of height should the pins be at?

>What sort of height should the pins be at?
Depends on where you fail your 1rm or where the grinding happens you can video tape yourself to see. Essentially identify the sticking point and place the bar there and work with 85-95% of your rm for 4 sets of 3.

doesn't look anything like her