Why rice?

i've been eating this shit forever and still don't really know why. why exactly is it so good for gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5707/2
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5784/2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good carbs

because you need carbs for optimal gains & rice is a cheap & easy to cook carb and it go well with everything

Carbs convert to glucose, which our body basically uses for everything (even repairing muscles, along with protein) so basically it's essential

You are weeb so kawaii. Do you eat it with chopsticks?

starchy carbs needed after a workout

it's not good for gains
it's not bad either
it's just carbs. use them wisely

cheap
easy to store
easy to cook
easy to store and carry around when cooked
it's a plain and simple source of complex carbs and should be treated as such
it's supposed to provide your body energy and that's what it gets done perfectly. nothing to write home about but literally nothing to complain either

Because carbs give you the energy to lift and make you grow big, and rice also comes with optimal fibre and protein. Don't listen to keto fatties.

Sweet potatoes man, eat them. They're amazing

totally convinced me to pay significantly more money for the same amount of carbs and to go through all the inconvences of cooking and storing sweet potatoes instead of rice

How do I make rice that doesn't take like shit without sauce?

Potatoes are a better option. Dice it and it cooks in 5 minutes

Rice cooker, and maybe try better quality rice. There are many ways to season it also.

sweet potatos are both tastier and more nutritious. There's more to a food than its carb content

sweet potatoes have antioxidants

Salt and butter

What's your favorite kind of rice?
Jasmine was my favorite until I read that it's worst than pure glucose.
From what I've gathered white basmatti is the best so it's my go to right now but I'd like to mix things up.

what kind of mental retardation makes you believe there might be a significant difference between jasmine and basmati rice?

White rice is basically sugar isn't it?
I switched to brown.

Go lookup the gi of different kind of rice.

where did you hear that?
I'm genuinely curious

>white rice is basically sugar

>This is how normies actually think

Fucking ketofags.

Not that guy and I wouldn't say it's ""basically sugar"" but it has a very high glycemic index which you can summarize as a beta dyel shooting his wad after sixty seconds of rubbing it to bbc pron

Oats are better. Get a slow cooker and steel cut. If you work out in the morning it eliminates all prep time.

Glucose =/= fructose

It's the endosperm of the grain. The chaff and everything wholesome is stripped from the rice grain leaving just this white, starchy carbohydrate of the grain. It is not unlike sugar how body processes it. It is a bowl of refined carbohydrates.

brown is better, how are people getting rice = sugar?

eat it with bacon and bacon grease

If you eat rice from any bowl other than pic related you're doing it wrong.

rice is actually terrible compared to whole grain pasta/bread or just literally any other whole grain

not only does it have arsenic but the nutrients are pale in comparison

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5707/2
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5784/2

like right here select 100g measurement for both and you will see that pasta beats rice on every single metric aside from magnesium and lysine

more iron, more fiber, just more nutrients in general, never eat rice if you want gains

Chicken stock instead of water. Srsly try it out

>rice also comes with optimal fibre and protein
no it doesn't

Thread could end here, it won't though.

Sweet potatoes cost 69-79 cents per pound where I live. Certainly more expensive than rice on a per calorie basis, but hardly expensive enough to be prohibitive. More nutritionally dense, more fibrous. Softens completely after 3-4 minutes of microwaving, which is less time than it takes to make rice. Not sure what you mean by easy to store; you literally just put it down somewhere.

I actually dont eat pasta, rice, oats, buckwheat or anything. Am I fucking myself up? I eat lots of protein(sometimes animal other times plants, sometimes both) and fats, also fruit.

I do enjoy lentils and wouldnt mind eating everyday but theyre more of a legume than grain I belieeve

>But not all white rice is the same. Long grain white rice tends to have a lower glycemic index (56) than other white varieties, such as short grain (72). Basmati rice has a glycemic index of about 58. The rice with the highest glycemic index value (90s range) is sweet or sticky rice, which is the variety usually served in Asian restaurants.

yeah but not because you're not eating grains, but because you're eating too much protein

you don't need more than 0.6-1g of protein per pound of lean body mass especially if you're not on steroids so you're basically just pissing out the excess and increasing your chance of kidney disease

cut down on the protein and eat more carbs and more unsaturated fats, if you can do this through eating whole grains then it's fine. i would cut out the fruit and swap for either more vegetables(starchy, cruciferous, or green leafy) or more grains, either way is fine because fruit is basically just sugar water with not much nutrition to back it up

Too bad an entire bowl of them is 200 calories. This is why i never gained weight when i tried to clean bulk

i used to buy those massive sweet potatoes you get in the asian supermarket that weigh over a pound, you should easily get more than 400 calories or even more if you add some oil to it

Carbs. Gluten free too if that matters to you.

Cant argue with that. Only vegans claim olive oil is bad

im actually vegan, olive oil and cooking oil in general is fine as long as you're not drowning everything you eat in it and oxidizing it at high temperatures

the slight negative effects of oil are insignificant compared to animal products anyways. like you'll cut off 1 month off of your healthy life expectancy from using oil compared to like 20-30 years from animal products

How the fuck am I supposed to know if it's .6g or 1. Or what the fuck my lean mass is.

I just eat like 180 a day and call it a wrap.

it's basically just your total weight - body fat

if you look lean you should assume around 15-20% body fat

*blocks your path*

>pour some olive oil in a pan
>chop some garlic
>put garlic in olive oil
>let heat a little
>add rice
>let it suck the flavor
>add water
>cook with slow heat until done
enjoy

You can do so many things with rice, just experiment.

Good for bloating

I routinely steel this from my roommate to put on my chicken b4 baking

lao gan ma is the shit

whats up nigga
love this shit on any chinese food
noodles,tofu,rice,chicken,eggs