/plg/

Welcome to /plg/, the powerlifting general.

This thread is intended for becoming a better athlete on the platform, but we're accepting of other strength sports as well!

Post about PRs, training, nutrition, peaking, and anything else that leads to bigger lifts on the platform.

>acceptance of our lolfed friends edition

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BZ_CNOehQYM/?taken-by=georgeseeger
instagram.com/p/BZ90-6sB3M_/
instagram.com/p/BZPc4oGB8YJ/?taken-by=steficohen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for generals are subreddits

>athlete
Come on now

instagram.com/p/BZ_CNOehQYM/?taken-by=georgeseeger

Please subscribe to my blog

fuck westside, fuck equipped, fuck speed ""work"" and fuck eric bugenhagen

ur bum bum is not touching the bench

Good work Isley, everything but the bench looks good.

>tfw doing Texas Method for squat, sheiko for bench, and coan-phillipi for deadlift

Who else /programmixing/ here?

use the 3rd day to do OHP following bench 1x beg or int then.

>doesnt really make sense how he puts one regular and one close grip on int x2, and then 3 times regular bench on int 3x.
yeah, i would just ignore CGBP and do day1 TnG bench and day2 1ct paused bench (competition bench)

9nd for ass

>implying Isley looks good

anybody who does TM for squats here has to programmix...

Tho tendency is turning into dumping TM squats too.

You're a married man!

That's nice bum

did some deficit deadlifts this morning, felt great, especially after reworking my setup after i pulled my lower back stretching, now i'm waiting for a steak pie to cook and im about to take my second online anatomy exam

How do you feel that the girl you bone (>implying) has to put up with your disgusting fat gut slapping up and down?
Do your eyes pop out when you are orgasming like they do when deadlifting?
Gym Wilks? BW#? BF%?

I'm plopping some logs of Norman khan into the toilet right now

Plop.. Plop.. Plop

Let's see now I feel another plop coming on

This might be the largest plop for today

BRFFFT plop PLOOOOP plop PLOP

As you may have seen from the above indication, the Norman khan log split up into four pieces causing four additional plops opposed to one large toilet splashing plop

Although I feel there is at least one more pajeet hiding so let's find this Norman khan and dispose him shall we?

AHAHA GOT HIM

This is the largest

PLOP

oh my before I was interrupted this was the largest Norman khan of today thus far

Anyways I think I did a good job of deporting these stinky smelly pajeets Norman khan today

See you next time!!

Nice blog

>memeburn for bench
>russian squat program
>coan/phillipi dl

is the coan/phillipi dl program any good? I've done the magnusson ortmeyer one and it was the shit

Idk first time doing it
It's pretty hard desu

i-is she roiding
instagram.com/p/BZ90-6sB3M_/

She's probably just trying harder than you

all the speed work put me off, speed work is quackery imo

>How do you feel that the girl you bone (>implying) has to put up with your disgusting fat gut slapping up and down?
The fact that they're being degraded by it is a fucking huge turn on.

In aus there was a girl I liked, she had a mirror next to her bed and I'd prone bone her and see my gut hanging down. God it was such a turn on, imagining she hated it.

>Gym Wilks?
412 comp,
>BW#?
222lbs right now
>BF%?
Idk over 20?

she barely could pull 420 9 months ago for a single now shes doing 500 for 3 at 125lbs

shes def roiding

Must be, this was three weeks ago
instagram.com/p/BZPc4oGB8YJ/?taken-by=steficohen

Actually, how do you go from 227.5kg @10 to 225kg x3 @ 9 in three weeks? That's not possible even on gear.

You underestimate the benefits of trying hard for a long time. Especially for a female lifter, even if she was abusing anabolics, it's not going to make more than 5% difference in her deadlift.

You're just a butthurt mental dead end

Peaking?

>peaking for 3 reps @ 9
if anythnig she peaked for the 227kg single @10

I thought so too but maybe it was more of a "hey I feel good today let's do a single for instagram" kinda thing.

OH yeah

So when you read hentai you self inset as the faceless fat old man who is blackmailing the girl? Nice.

>The fact that they're being degraded by it is a fucking huge turn on.
>.. my gut hanging down. God it was such a turn on, imagining she hated it.
I could never understand degradation fetish
>>Gym Wilks?
>412 comp,
Mirin
>>BW#?
>222lbs right now
I thought you weighed much more, at least 240. Aren't you like 6'3 or something?

I regressed on my projected maxes after c6w. Some broscientists here earlier told me it was probably fatigue from TM or whatever. I'm gonna do a deload week before trying c6w again. I have a question though. C6w recommends the deload week after the program, if desired, to be run like week 1 but without the last upperbody day. Since I seemingly lost strength, would I be better off lowering the weight for the deload week? Since my week after that would be the same weight as the deload week otherwise.

When I was doing deloads for c6w (lower body only) I'd do 80% of week one's weights.

tfw glute doms

Thanks man.

>losing strength after doing c6w
u must have terrible genetics

Pounded hard last night?

That's what I said but then I had 5 posters telling me to just try harder and trying to argue against me calling myself a GDE by comparing me to Clarence. The other two who replied said it's likely fatigue. Can't really help genetics so I'll try the deload and run it again, since it was a fun program.

u have terrible genetics and u need to try harder sounds like you have not only a weak body but also a weak mind

>since it was a fun program

thats all that matters, this is a hobby, no point doing it if you hate it

My only complaint is the amount of deadlift variations. I want more regular deadlifts.

trust me, in time you will want variations just to take weight off the bar

Is it a bad idea to do something with more volume for growth like JnT if I can still make linear gains? I really like the idea of more work and rep maxes each session.

I was thinking about just running the hypertrophy phase several times.

So what's the final verdict on sheiko?

When is it appropriate to do sheiko?

Do whatever you want

first time doing trap bar deadlifts, best decision I made today

Idk if this is actual advice or not

its sound advice, everyone is different, you need to trial and error to find a balance between what works for you and what you enjoy, otherwise you can be trapped in a situation where youre making gains but hate training or youre enjoying training but getting nowhere, so do what you want to until you find the sweetspot

when youve exhausted all other lower volume programming

you can do LP and bb at the same time its not hard

why do you guys keep thinking in black and white

>when youve exhausted all other lower volume programming

Can you pls gib an in depth explanation of what is means ?

always do the minimum possible to make progress

if you stall on sheiko, youd be hard pressed to add volume

I'd argue it's better to find the middle ground there. Minimum possible means progress slows to a huge ammount. I'd do enough volume where progress is there but not so much volume where you're at your maximum adaptive volume all the time.

Ok so my lifts are kinda weak, 2pl8 squat, 1.5pl8 bench (bw) etc but LP is causing me to push too hard into a constant cycle of injury or dissatisfaction with training.

So I should just try something else if I think I will enjoy it more?

N-no just lots of diddlying.

ill rephrase, minimum amount without compromising speed of progression

the order of changes to what youre doing as progress slows could be
add volume
add calories
add weight
add volume
add calories
add weight
etc etc

How should I "work up" to the max weight on RTS? with how many sets?

>constant cycle of injury or dissatisfaction with training

YES

If daily linear gains are beyond you now then try something that varies volume and has you progressing weekly.

You're supposed to hip thrust not dead lift the guy

This is what I hated about LP programs. SL, SS, Greyskull, it doesn't matter. They all involve ramming your face into a barbell and doing the same lifts with the same rep scheme every time you go in. It's just not satisfying, and random stuff starts to hurt after a while.

Not counting literal warm up sets, it's usually two work up sets and then your top set.

if you're predicting 100x5 to be your top @9 set, you'd do 90x5 and 95x5 and use them to help adjust your top set if they're moving better or worse than they """"should"""""" be

I agree with that completely then

Stoicism killed mine gains and now I basically have to start again.

Fuck

only beginners think like this

i would kill to gain 5kg on every lift every session doesnt matter how boring it would be

>i would kill

Have you tried this yet?

Ok so I need to T3 leg curls in a gzcl program because no machines, do I replace them with Nordic curls, SLDLs or RDLs?

My T2 before it will be SGSLDL I think unless you think it's better to make the snatch grip as a finisher instead.

i would but they wouldnt allow me into occult practices

how do i build work capacity plg? SS has made my a lethargic gimp who cant function without at least 3 mins rest

take shorter rest periods, do more high rep sets

>tfw no qt wiccan gf

Rather add some upper back work and fuck doing lower body accessories.

It's a lot so idk what to add but the order is this(varying intensity);

FS,BS,SLDL,Row,Chinup,X,Calf Raise,Curl

Pretty much a lower + pull day, not sure what I should fill X with. Something without machines, dbs or bands.

Either light lunges so I have some wyd accessory, sgrdls, goodmornings or something for back idk

Quad accessory would be nice but doing this twice a week, I'm not sure if I really need it.
I should mention that I'm doing no T1 deadlifts so maybe goodmornings are a good choice?

I'm seconding high rep sets. sets of 10 on squats are miserable but they also really improved my squat form and overall leg size.

my dynamic day squats are 8x2 and deadlifts 10x1 and i take 30 seconds rest, its really helped

concentric good mornings from pins set at the height that allows you to be in the position you are as your deadlift breaks the floor

Are concentric GMs still good for a few sets of 15?

will only squatting high bar impede my deadlift progress? I used to oly lift so it feels great and I can already put up decent weight, and low bar makes my knees hurt really badly for some reason

ive always stuck between 1-5 reps, doing anything from pins generally fatigues you much quicker as breaking inertia is a lot harder but go ahead and try it theres no reason why you cant

not deadlifting will impede it more...

but on a serious note one of the best deadlifters in the uk (Delroy McQueen) squats highbar, think his squat is 350kg in sleeves and 380 pull

Training discussion is boring, I wanna blog like we've all been doing for the past 5 years.

Thanks maybe when I need a heavier cycle, for the purpose of extra light accessory on the day I stated with the squats, would you think GMs, Lunges or Abs to be most beneficial?

What seems to be the problem then? Just go ahead.

no I mean I want everyone to blog

Maybe you have to take a lead.

you first

Nice blog

some blog

>program deadlifts for volmue day too high volume
>back feels fried even with 2 days rest
>intensity day
>barely pulloff the squats i programmed
>cant even get the programmed deadlifts off the floor
ok im gonna do deficits next time instead, lighter and targets my weakness think unless someone else has a better suggesting for pull off floor strength

Sumo also really helps with floor strength.

Also I liked ur blog v nice

beneficial for what?

people need to stop just shoehorning exercises into programming and think why each exercise is in there, whats its purpose, what is it improving for you

tell me what you want from the accessory and i can recommend

its like asking me to buy you clothes without telling me your size or me knowing roughly how big you are, they probably wont fit

>but on a serious note one of the best deadlifters in the uk (Delroy McQueen)
Surely you'd say it was Eddie Hall, no? Or Tom Martin?

so i was the one who was asking about RTS generalized intermediate and got memed by layne norton into running Ph3. Im very close if not identical to the avatar for this program so Im going to run it as it is laid out on the website. I have a few questions.

>Load drop in pic related
So I work up to my initial and then drop the load by "4-6%" then work back up to RPE 9 at that weight??? Is that correct?

>"4-6%" fatigue in pic related??
whats the difference between that and the load drop? I dont quite understand this still

>I've accumulated a lot of volume from doing ph3, do i have to do a deload week if im going to completely scrap doing ph3 or can i just right into the first week of the RTS program?

>Can i add light bodybuilding accessories to this or can i get big off this program?

may bee he cud say u

Wtf that's not ph3

so in the last thread, the way I understood it was that there was a high injury rate on Momentum because of lifters changing to high frequency lifting (especially on bench) from low frequency lifting.
would it then be sensible to occasionally practice high frequency training to prime the body for that?
say like in regards to something like Smolov/Jr - prior to starting the program in full, taking a 3-4 week period and doing 3.5x/week benching at relatively low volume.
For example, with L being the high frequency lift:
W1 LLxLLxx
W2 LxLxLxx
W3 LLxLLxx
W4 LxLxLxx

and then going into the full high frequency lift program

I'm not planning on jumping on HF/shock programming like that anytime soon, I'm just curious what more experienced people think.

>tfw benched 245 for 7 at the end of nuckols 3x a week bench routine

that means my estimated max is close to 295 now, thanks /plg/ for suggesting it!!!

>Tom Martin
I don't think the best deadlifter would rip a bicep

no im transitioning from ph3 to RTS .. everyone in here last night said layne norton is a meme and ph3 is a retarded program so im trying to figure out how to do this autoregulation shit