Veeky Forumsbro reply with causes and remedies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2I4CrDlL3o
breakingmuscle.com/coaches/andrew-lock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

-Lower back pain

cause : OHP, probably didn't flex my abs enough

remedies: stopped OHP, pain went away

i was playing with my nieces when i first felt it last sunday,tried to deadlift on monday since it was back day, failed. seating hurts. what do i do? have back day tommorow

Have been going through monumental back paines and incarnations of pinched nerves due to new manufacturing job. Ultimately I need to strength train core and back and activate gluteals but stretching out lats has proven to be the most successful in as far as pain managements.

Grab on to any bar or wall edge in front of you, bend over and pop the hip out from the side that needs stretching. Getting all of the lower back and up the side of lats is glorious. Tight muscles are no good and is what pulls on skeletoal structure. Chiropracters won't mention this.

I fucked up my form on the last rep of lat pulldowns and immediately hurt something in the center of the back of my neck. I assume it’s some sort of strain, any tips for fast recovery?

warm water massages
since is at the back get someone sensual to do it...i probably ask my mom

this is a though one, hang in there

tendonitis

Cause: I went too heavy on lat raise, shrugs, deadlift.

Remedies: rest 3-6 weeks, Warmup and cool down next time, stretch and go light on new exercises.

Knee pain: temporary fix for me is doing leg curls.
Lowerback pain: temporary fix for me is doing hyperextension. Weird shoulder feeling when doing dips.

abs are critical to lifting any wight above the waist level, i learned that the hard way.

everyone should train their abs atleast twice a week preferably after leg workout

Get a dog

There is a part of my calf that swells up and starts hurting about a half mile into my run. Then my ankle stops working, after about .8 miles. I just go home after that. The swelling hasn’t gone away, it’s a lump about the size of a quarter two inches above my ankle.

>Knee pain
i used to get them
the problem was squats done in horrible form.
wide legs, knees widening at low point that stuff

post pic

>trap doms.jpg

knee pain tore my ACL while snowboarding

more info...
genrally you should avoid shrugs till you feel better

1) feels like it needs to be popped, or a muscle knot
2)pain in rotator cuff, tightness in muscle
3) inside of hip feels like it needs to be popped

>tore my ACL
i sorry to hear that, injuries are common but dont let it be a reason for quit the gym, us it as an excuse to work on you arms and chest. be safe bro

i can relate on number 1, i often stretch and i help the with the uncomfortable feeling i get after sitting for a long time. how you come by those injuties

>Just fuck me up senpai

I've started rehab to strengthen the muscles aroudf the knee, but it hurts just to squat the fucking bar.

the worst after ohp

for the shoulders stay away from benches, ohp and use light weights on skull crushers. this things tend to get worse if don't take time to recover. use it as an excuse to work more on your legs.
also how did you hurt your groin area

i feel you bro take it easy, keep you chin up
on a brighter note chickes tend to digg big guys with injuries and maybe you can get laid.

1) discomfort there since I was 13
2) lifting boxes of hardwood on my shoulders for a living
3) when I started lifting a few years ago, stupidly squatting with a smith machine

I twisted my back weirdly when taking a plate off the bar, now my lower back is in pain. I've been resting for the last 2 days and it is getting better, but is still sore af. Any tips for a quick recovery?

this

I started Stronglifts 5x5 3 months ago. Following the sticky, I'm cutting until my bodyfat is low enough to start putting on mass. I've been able to keep increasing in strength, with the occasional stall here and there. However I think I've hit a bit of a stumbling block with squats.

When I first approached 2 plate (100kg), I started getting a sharp pain in my groin/upper thigh (hip flexor) on one side. I had to stop squatting for several weeks because the pain got too much. To ease myself into it after a few weeks of no squats, I started to low bar squat instead, and started from 80kg. I thought whatever it was before had now healed. However, as I've nearing 2 plate again the exact some pain is back.

I've tried more gradual warm ups, stretches and foam rolls but nothing seems to make a difference. Is my massive calorie deficit (eating 2000 with a 3000 TDEE) making my body unable to recover quick enough between workouts, eventually putting too much stress on hip flexor? My form seems to be fine. Anyone else experienced this pain from squats?

I have sciatica in both legs. It sucks but I've gotten used to it and still deadlift.

I know you guys might think I have a herniated disc but that's impossible.

it aches me that im short

Been lifting for about 6 months now.

>the first 4 months different injuries all of the place
>currently have nothing anymore

Feels strong, man.

Anyone here recover from SI joint pain? Squatted fine for years without it, then just started developing it.

You only need to do are 20 legs swings per leg, and other 20 lateral swings. I had that pain too. You need to do a proper mobility warm up, something that makes your rom articulation go bigger gradualy. I didnt believe when I see it, but after doing I never got pain in my hip flexors again. . Try it, it would save your flexors.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2I4CrDlL3o

How to prevent pain in neck from lateral raises?

lunges will solve all your groin aches

Thanks fellas. I will try this.

Not op, but thnxxx

do i become pic related?

>picture of pain locations added
pain is mildly irritating, inflammation comes and go and ongoing until it hit a high note.

im in the same boat been doing upper body since I tore my ACL cant even do squats with the bar

After a few hours of walking around i start to feel a sort of dull sting in my upper left trap near the spine and i don't know why.

>lower back pain
Herniated discs
>upper back pain
Degenerated discs
>knee pain while running
I don't know

I'm only 19. Don't join the muhreens

I think I tore my hamstring sprinting, its tight and gets sore really easily, and stays sore for a long time, and since I've had to stop sprinting because of a grinding in my knee on the same leg

chest and lower back pain

cause: saturated fat and cholesterol

remedies: go vegan and never use cooking oil

I'm only 27 bruhs. Why am I falling apart?

Ironically my lower back has been feeling better since I started keto, kys gains goblin

;_;

upper part of left calf

I think I got it from less-than-desirable squat form. Paranoid i'm gonna fuck my knees years from now

Been doing lower body stretches and lacrosse ball rolling in the mean time and really hammering down squat form

Any tips?

not a PT or anything, but pain in that area is a wildcard, be careful. after a lot of research it seems that pain in that area could be so many things.

anyway, make sure to stretch your flexies and that you are using your glutes properly in squats, especially if you are doing low bar.

poor glute activation + low bar squats literally killed that area on my right side. this happend in very late april (and I honest to god thought I fucking snapped something) and finally after seeing a PT for a month or two and a lot of rest (almost 4-5 months later) I have started squatting again.

I have this tightness right above my butt, it's not really my lower back but moreso right behind where my back and butt meet, and I think it's my piriformis. It started acting up like a month ago only when I was sitting in the car for longer periods of time (car has shitty seats), but now it's tight almost all the time.

no pain running down my leg so it's not sciatica or a pinched nerve or whatever. i'm able to massage it with a lacrosse ball and that helps a little but I'm getting scared of doing that because sometimes I'll feel my foot tingle and freakout because I think i'm hitting the nerve with the lacrosse ball and i dont want to fuck anything up

any tips?

wish i had a qt trap dom

kidney failure

You very likely have a herniated disc. Get an MRI scan from doctor. If it is then this guy is ur man. Read his articles breakingmuscle.com/coaches/andrew-lock

>also how did you hurt your groin area
it happend when i did a handstand realy dumb, not even bad form from ohp, when i use my black roll it gets better

Quite a while ago like maybe a year or two, when I first got into lifting - right shoulder kind of locked with pressure, hasn't felt the same since.

Feels like it's weak when I bench press, grinds/crunches when I move it, and as weird as it sounds I am always 'aware' of it.. Don't know how to describe it other than when you get aware of your breathing and you have to think about it, I am like hyper aware of my right shoulder, constantly feel the need to re-adjust it.

>You very likely have a herniated disc.

holy shit that's the scariest thing i've ever had anyone say to me on this board

why do you think that

i cant help with the first two, but for the knee pain while running, i recommend you try running in non pavement tracks studies have show knee inflammation is commonly caused by running in hard surfaces

for you hips the workout shown in pic may help. but i will need more info for the rest bodyparts

i prescribe semi fit girl, recommend having coitus with her frequently until you feel better.

i have been having the same problem, it may not be your squat form, for me it was lack of sufficient stretching pre-workout especially the calfs

strengthen your shoulders bro

Doing what? I BB OHP and DB OHP every week, don't know what else to do..

Front Shoulder Raise
Lateral Shoulder Raises
Dumbbell Bent-Over Lateral Raise
are key for optimized shoulder gains...add them to your ohp sessions

hip flexor pain while squatting, feels like its being stretched/pulled, and no stretching will help

>high bar
>only left hip flexor

its stopping me from squatting high weight

>>knee pain while running
Stop running on heels faggot, run in your toes. Only reason you have calves is to absorb shock when running

Right shoulder joint paint when doing lateral raises.

did ohp today

Right here for the past 8 months or something. I'm not sure what happened because I didn't feel it until the next morning getting out of bed. It hurt a decent amount that morning, then faded away into like a 1/10 level pain that hasn't gone away yet. I mostly feel it when sitting for too long. I rarely feel it when lifting, though sometimes I can tell something is "off" but it doesn't hinder me, except that maybe I'm scared to hurt whatever it is.

Could have been OHP, deadlifts, or squats. Maybe even bench.

Reoccurring stinging pain in that red area and some soreness in the blue area. Sometimes I'll get someone to massage the red area and it kind of dissipates into my shoulder and then slowly into my arm (in a relieving way).

I have also had this before, to the point it was debilitating. It went away but sometimes comes back "lightly". I have no idea what caused it, so lemme know senpai.

HUNGRY ALL THE FUCKINT TIME AND ALL I EAT ARE FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND MEAT

Relax bud, I tore my ACL and 3 tears with my meniscus. It’s been 7 months post OP and though it feels weird, I’m back to deadlifts and squat with no problem.

you need carbs buddy

I eat a fuckton of fruit which is the most filling carb there is. Eating more carbs will just make me gain weight

fuck boys i was OHPing today and after 2nd set felt a twinge in the left side of my neck. kept going but it got worse after 3rd set so stopped and switched to lighter shit and lateral raises etc. can't twist my head too far and can't bend it back without stiffness and a lot of pain. right where my new hits my torso on the left side. what do?

google says i can keep lifting s long as its not above my head.

Been doing boxing-style workouts the last few weeks, (heavy bag, jump rope, speed bag) and my fucking calves and knuckles are absolutely fucked. I went for a run today to try to give my knuckles a break and my shins felt like they were going to snap. Had no idea these exercises could be so strenuous

Sounds like a stinger, keep your neck moving and take advil/tylenol. Massage it and your body will heal itself.

I got my ankle snapped in bjj class. I can put weight on it and move it, but it definitley looks bigger than my other ankle, ti's been 5 days.

brown rice has just enough carbs to feel you at the same keep the weight low

i think i have found the problem for that stinging pain in mid-back
i went and talked to my cousin who is a gym owner and a licensed whatucallit, and he asked me to do deadlifts, standing OHP and bent-over rows. he conclude my OHP was being done in a bad form causing unnecesary pressure on my mid-back.
honestly i have been ohping almost 4 times a week
he advised me to take a break from ohp until its gone and improve my abs and my form.
i hope this helps.

Levar scapulae probably. I used to tweak it all the time doing OHP.

extreme inner elbow pain when extending arm, happens after lifting

similar pain on the front top area of my foot/ankles

also tfw no gf

Hey can you elaborate on that? Fat bro here and I want to do cardio like that but I don't know where to start.

I have some kind of pain in the sacral area of my back. It feels almost like bad gas and it's hard to actually pinpoint where it is. I haven't been lifting heavy recently so I have no idea what it could be.

yeah sounds like it cheers. you reckon would right be right eep lifting while it recovers? lower the weights and stick to legs and pulling below the shoulders?

oops meant to reply to

This fixed it, ignore my post here

It's really simple compared to weightlifting. I just do 3 minute rounds wailing on the heavy bag (always shooting for 12 rounds but 3 rounds can be exhausting if you don't pace yourself) I usually get up to like 6 or 7; jumping rope in-between rounds, and switching to the speed bag every now and then. I'm usually sweating so much towards the end that when I jump rope sweat is literally spraying off my forehead.

>The patella tendon to tibia attachment
Foam rolling it and stretching quads is starting to help after about 2 months.
Other suggestions?

>Wrists
Had Tendinosis in one wrist plus an acute injury. It still flares up though, and both wrists sometimes get pains. I'm guessing from over-use doing manual-type work, using mouse/keyboard for too long, playing piano and working out. And probs fapping so I'm cutting back on that.
Trigger point massage around the forearm and stretching wrists helps.
Other suggestions?

>Mid-upper back pain
Had a few muscle strains, working on mobility and posture here plus extra core work and it's been fine since. Sometimes get a bit of pain/tightness in muscles next to spine or rear of shoulders but pretty sure that just comes from posture still being a bit off with head forward and/or sitting too long.

-lower back herniated disc:
start to do rack pulls from below the knee, just above mid shin. switch to low bar squats and start light. Eliminate things like pendlay rows and bent over rows, switch out for kroc rows.

Herniated disc for 3 years, pain is practically gone after i did the above.

-Knee pain while running:
stop running, switch for cycling or swimming. running also contributes to herniated discs. If running is a necessity, run on grass or surfaces with some 'give' and do sprinting instead of long distance, Best scenario is to run on the beach, where the sand is not submersed in water or completely dry.

Good advice. Thanks mate. I appreciate it a lot

skip back day for awhile, avoid excessive extension. let your body heal since its a muscular issue

np, ignore deadlift purists and just do what makes your body stronger

Yeah i wanna know how to relieve number 1

Pain at my left scapula whenever I BB bench press. I have no pain when using DBs.