How sedentary is fit?

now before you're all like, "wtf i lift stfu you stupid fag!" let me talk to you about the apple watch.

i own an apple watch and absolutely love it. idk if you know much about it, but it's most often marketed as a fitbit-type device to help people get active and better themselves physically. the main pull of the device for people looking to track their fitness stuff is the "activity" app.

the activity app was actually designed with the help of athlete consultants. and it was designed with people of all activity levels in mind, from the morbidly obese person trying to walk more to the professional athlete. and part of the conclusion apple came to in regards to the very physically fit people was that they are still too sedentary. professional athletes will work their bodies super hard for x many hours, then go home and sit around doing nothing until bedtime. which is unhealthy, and bad. it can lead to things like blood clots even in physically fit people, especially in the older population.

we see these nifty "standing desks" and things trying to combat this. it's a real problem in need of real solutions. so my question to you is: do you still sit too much? do you walk at all throughout the day, or only get your standing/moving time in during the hours set aside for exercise?

i'm very guilty of this and trying to figure out how i can stay more active throughout the day. thankfully my job (for now) requires me to be on my feet most of the time, so this helps. but when i'm at home, not exercising? i'm sitting on my butt lol.

btw disclaimer as i know people will mention it. i'm not "shilling" for the apple watch. in all honesty the apple watch is crazy bad at tracking strength training stuff. because of the work the muscles do and the "pump" from strength training, the watch is not at all accurate in measuring heart rate while lifting. so the calorie counter (which is already a rough estimate) is basically pure fiction when strength training.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck is the point of this blog post

tl;dr fuck off retard

people are always calling me a shit poster so now i'm trying to put effort into it :(

maybe there's no winning here lol.

That's because you just want to talk about yourself and your faggotry. Stop.

saged reported hidden

i was hoping to talk about how sedentary we all are and what we can do to better ourselves in that regard but whatever i guess :(

what "faggotry" am i talking about?

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

>trap
>vegan
>clearly mentally ill and socially inept

Color me fucking surprised.

Thank you based Apple overlords for finding this critical flaw in our lifestyles. Hopefully the new iDesk will keep me much more active in the future!

nice tattoo faggot and BY NICE I MEAN GAY
BY NICE I MEAN GAY
BY NICE I MEAN GAY FAGGOT
BY NICE I MEAN FUCKING GAY ASS TATTOO FAGGOT
FAGGOT HAS A GAY TATTOO
AUDREY TATOU
GAUDREY TATOU
GAUDEY TATOU
GAUDEY TATTOU
GADEY TATTOU
GAEY TATTOU
GAEY TATTOO
GAY TATTOO
THAT'S WHAT I SAY TO YOU
YOUR TATTOO IS MADE OF POO
CAN YOU, APU? CAN YOU?

i mean. it's pretty nice having a device that tries to make me healthier...

maybe it's not for everyone though.

lol wtf is this. i'm like too impressed with this to feel offended. you're weird and that's okay!

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

No, you want attention. Why else would you put on your fucking trip code, it has absofuckinglutely nothing to do with what you're blogging about. Stop.

Just wait until we can ream our asses with the new iDick! I can't wait!

Kys

everyone should have names here. it would make it so much easier to identify different posters and kinda get to know each other a little bit. as things are you sometimes get super confused when having a conversation with someone as you can't tell when it's the same person or not.

okay?

fuck off, faggot

>everyone should have names here
fuck off

I've got a standing desk at work. I quite like it

That must make it easier for you to hide under your boss's desk.