Recommend me lifting shoes

So which ones do you use, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

skinners.cc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

These work well unless your fucking ankles hate you. In that case you will either have to put in the time and stretch that shit out or you can take out a loan for some typical lifting shoes

Using high-top to lift is fucking retarded. They are designed to prevent ankle injuries by reducing the range of motion that is exactly the opposite of what you need to lift.

You need a flat, solid sole and not "soft" if you have flexibility in the ankle. If not, get weight lifting with a wedged sole.

Yeah it's kind of a powerlifting thing considering most powerlifters low bar squat which doesn't require as much ankle dorsiflexion as highbar or front squat.

In the case of olympic weightlifting you probably wouldn't want to go with a high top, so in that situation you would be correct.

i remove my roshe run and squat with my socks

Is not "a power lifting thing". Some years ago me and my brother started lifting and I could (low bar) squad barefoot perfectly but he couldnt. He can help but rise his heels when he came down. He simply did not have the flexibilty in his ankles (and did not care to stretch them).

>Recommend me

BAREFEET MOFOS

>high-top are disinged to prevent injuries
um no. why would you think this?

Adipowers. Had them for about 2 years now and still going strong. Pay the extra money and you won't need new ones for a decade.

idiot

I've been using the Adidas powerlifts and those have been good for squatting high bar. Well really any crossfit/weightlifting shoe will work

call me a faggot but i just ordered those for my deadlifting purposes

i love deadlifting barefoot, but in socks it doesnt work on floor i have in home gym

skinners.cc/

>Adipowers. Had them for about 2 years now and still going strong. Pay the extra money and you won't need new ones for a decade.

wow that's amazing. Do you think non adipower shoes would be in a worse shape after 2 years ? Dude you're using them 3 times a week to fucking squat, any weightlifting shoe will last you a decade

Adidas Powerlift 3s are pretty good. Got them for like 50 bucks on black friday.

Great shoes

I have 3 pairs of shoes.

It started 2 years ago with my adipowers, which I still have and use to squat highbar and front squat.

Then I signed up for a meet and needed flats because I couldn't deadlift in just socks.

Eventually I decided the heel on my adipowers was too high for lowbar squatting, and I didn't like the lack of support from my flats when squatting, so now I lowbar squat in powerlift 3's.

If you just want to lift for fun and you're not an autistic powerlifter like me, adipowers/romaleos/legacy lifters are all you'll ever need.

What's a good shoe for long legs and a short torso?

Ayy

>Reebok brand crossfit pussy slippers

no thanks

Wait, how do I know if I don't have flexibility in the ankle or if I have it ?

can you perform a deep, high bar squat with your bare feet? If so then congratulations.

You think squatting is all people do in weightlifting shoes?

Do you rise your heels when squating? If yes, you need to work on your ankles flexibility

Barefoot lifting is best lifting, can confirm.

That's how deep I go on my reps

I think my heel slightly goes off the ground but the image can't really tell if I do it too much because these shoes go up at both extremities even when I'm standing. Only my midfoot is really on the ground.

So can you tell user ? :3

Can't I just do it barefoot.
Of course I'm lifting at home so I'm not getting my cheesy feet all over the equipment

adidas power perfect ii

Has more to do with flexibility/morphology than relative limb length

Anything with a heel. romaleos for wide feet

I just bought my gf a pair of 2.0s glad to hear. I might have to pick up some for myself. They're pretty inexpensive. Up until now I've always used vans plimsolls, flat hard sole with zero ankle restriction. Canvas material allows it to stretch to the foot, very small amount of shoe overall. I'm surprised they don't get recommended over the Chuck Taylors more often.