HOME GYM

Veeky Forums

I don't like any of the gyms in my immediate gyms in my new area. I have a 2 car garage I don't use and an extra $5000 to spend on a home gym. What would you recommend I get? I suck at Olympic lifts and do more military functional fitness type stuff.

I already have
Kettlebells (2 x 35lb, 2 x 45lb, 1 x 55lb, 1 x 65, 1 x 85 lb)
Rowing Machine (it is kind of shit but it works)
Slamballs (10lb, 20lb)
Ruck and Sandbags
Body Armor
Basic Boxing Equipment minus heavy bag
Great running paths around my house
A standard door pullup bar.
And a few other small things

Other urls found in this thread:

repfitness.com/equipment-packages/hg-4-equipment-package
repfitness.com/equipment-packages/hg-3-equipment-package
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a barbell
set of weights
squat / squat stand to with safeties
floor mats to for deadlifting
pullup bar
variety of bands

you can squat, bench, deadlift, do rows, presses

a pull up / dip station and a spring bar also I put heavy chains in a bag to add weight for my pull ups

Also gymnastic rings for outdoors use when its summer

Ye my poorfag gym equipments

I like it. Any place you recommend buying stuff from? Or any brands? I am thinking about an elliptical for days when my knees ache but besides that I think most of this can be under 5K

Punching bag
A proper rowing machine (concept 2)
Bench
Power cage
Olympic weightlifting set (barbell and weights)

This shouldn't cost you more than € 1500,-. Spend the rest on a black light, an epic paint job on your walls and a huge sound installation

Limited space poorfag here. No room for lots of weights etc. Is a power tower a good idea in my situation?

5000 sounds like way too much to spend. What do you actually need to do that costs so much?

>power tower
Depending on the space it might be better for you just to get a cheap pull up bar and use a bench or chair for dips. 30 bucks as opposed to 150...If you can find one on craigslist maybe.

Here's what I just bought to start my home gym
>Cheap Fuel Pureformance 7 foot cage $184
>cheap Weider hammertone 300 pound barbell set $191
>Adidas flat bench 75$

I know all the equipment is pretty shit but it's cheap and I won't be lifting heavy. Should be enough to start out. I've just been lifting dumbbells at home for a few months while losing weight (down from 300 to 215) and wanted to start something like AllPros simple beginners routine.

Nothing. I am a single military officer that just came off a year long deployment. I want a home gym. I have the space and the cash so fuck it this can be a dream gym. (I live 35 min from post so I would rather work out at home on the weekends)

Thing is, my doorways are not compatible with doorway mounted pull up bars and I can't drill into my walls seeing as I rent (otherwise I would have gotten one of those already).

It would not be bad. I did it in college. Check on craigslist for powertowers before you buy it new. Also get a belt so you can strap extra weight to yourself. (also check to see if your public park has a pullup bar. My old one in Kansas...yeah fucking Kansas. did and it was only a half mile away, so I used to run a half mile for warm up workout then run back as a cool down...consider that)

OP why you have a 2 car garage and don’t have a single car?

There are not only the ones for putting ontop of the door frame, but also the ones that press against the inside of the door frame. Are you sure those dont work as well? (scared of braking the frame?)

You could also do pullups in a sqautrack/halfrack if you put the bar holder to the highest setting and then put the bar there. You might have to go on your knees and keep your legs bent during the pullup - which is a bit akward but it works.

I actually have two cars, a shitty 2009 ford focus that I am giving to charity in the next month or so and an F150 that I park outside. I live in North Carolina so the weather isn't that bad. I currently park the truck inside but if the gym gets to big I don't mind parking a truck in my driveway. (I also have a shed in my backyard that is about a one car garage size that I keep all my powertools and woodworking stuff in)

any european based website that sells good quality stuff? dont want to get jewed by the customs so must be shipped from within europe.
I looked at rogue and they seem the best choice but dunno, I'll also pay like 400€ just in shipping of a power cage

I live in the middle of nowhere in australia, was dirt poor so i just got a bar and some weights and that's all i have, the plus side is i get to do my workouts in underwear in my yard.

Point is, just get a fucking bar and some weights and lift, you can add shit to it later

Half of the intent of this post was to have fellow Veeky Forums fags make there dream gyms. Obviously a cage and an olympic weight set is a given. But I kind of wanted people to give there dream gym

Try let let go app and offer up and like someone said earlier craigslist, you find like a whole set up for like 500.

Just seen this earlier a bench with weights, curl bar, Olympic bar, n what not for 100.

Pic related.

I'm poor and have little space, got two adjustable dumbbells that weight lmao27.5kg each, use an old ottoman and a 5" pipe that comes out of a wall.

Enough to get me to 1/2/3/4 for 5-10reps (I go to a gym once every couple of months to check my major compounds.)

Would be nice to have a rack an a bar, but even with minimal equipment or no equipment you can get decently in shape.

If poor, but not dirt poor:
>pull-up bar (any but the telescpoing kind) - 15e
>two adjustable DBs with decent weight - 75e
>adjustable bench - 100e

Bump

>error: our system thinks your post is spam
fuck you hiroshima

take a look at pic related for my reply.

given that i've been working out with this equipment for about 2 years, going on 3, all this has costed me technically around 45 a month. well worth it for the comfort of a gym that never closes.

and of course i forget the pic. hurrr

what climate do you live in? if it's cold in winter you may want to consider setting aside some of your budget to get a minimum amount of insulation installed in your garage (particularly if it's detached and or not already insulated). some stand alone room heaters would also be good. other than that, a $2k should be enough to get a proper cage with pull down setup, some olympic weights, and a cheap treadmill or something for doing hiit sprints.

buy quality barbell for starters
Rogue or something

Or one from kabukistrength store (power bar or deadlift bar)
will last you years

Nice

my gym is all I love

OP Here...This gives me an erection...

Heres a different angle
(I'm standing on the deadlifting platform)

Use some of that money and buy a damn dumbbell rack.

shit that looks great

>tfw rent an apartment with wooden floors
no home gym for me

yo how small can a space be to work as a gym? I got a shed that's 2.7x2m, so like 8.8x6.5 feet. Will this be too small? I only do barbell work and dont wanna pay the membership jew anymore

Ya only fall back is i can't do any standing overhead pressing because of the ceiling.

Ya bro I've only spent a little over 1k on my gym got most things used. All quality shit also only took me around 4months to compile. Im always looking for more shit too. 5gs is more then enough to ball out with

not that user but the only one's I've ever seen that fit inside the frame require brackets to be fitted.

He could get a dedicated pullup tower if he didn't want to get a power cage but imho the cage is so much more versatile, much better investment for homegym.

>a squat rack that has a pull up bar and a dip station all in one
>barbell
>weights
>leg press
>heavy chains for dips and pull ups
>an adjustable bench

leg press lol

>spends 5k on a home gym
>takes the photos with a potato

I had to use the front cam on my iPhone smashed the back one and I only spent maybe 1,200 tops.. Nice try weakling
dam strait I'd buy more iron then another shit phone ahhaha

>dip station

what the fuck, go back to /fat/ why the FUCK do you need to eat dip while you squat

Well, the military cares more about dips than squats...so...fuck off

>Fuel Pureformance 7 foot cage $184
>Going cheap on safety equipment
RIP in pieces user.

I got a nice bench press with leg station, squat pegs and curl pad all included. It's adjustable so I can do incline and decline presses too. Basically everything in my routine but pull ups. It was only $200. Spent another $250 on a quality bar and some cheap plates. Bought a mat and alr ready had an EZ bar so I'm all set and gyms can fuck right off.
>can watch tv, listen to whatever I want
>can be nude
>can scream, grunt and/or cry while lifting with no judgment
>never have to wait for someone to finish their phone looks or some douche trying to work in
>no travel time since it's upstairs
>walking past it gets me motivated

One of the best $500 I've spent to be quite honest with you, family.

what a cringey phaggot

this guy is larping as Eric Bugenhagen

Eric had a low ceiling before he moved to Florida

bad b8 m8

they dont need anything attached to the door - they are more stable that way though. I got something like that. I use them without - they are not that great though - often they slide a bit while screwing them tight - and then you work with a uneven bar. and you have to be careful to use the right grip or you will unscrew them and fall down.

Full rack with high/low cables - $500
300lb/600lb set with barbell $250/$600
3/4" Horse stall mats - $100
Ironmaster 75lb Adjustable DBs - $600
Decline/Incline bench with leg attachments - $400
Resistance bands $150
Safety Squat Bar $300
DIY Leg Press $100

>tfw rent an apartment with wooden floors

on the first level? go watch jujimufu's video on his old homegym in his apartment's dining room.

OP go to a crossfit place and try Olympic lifting, gymnastic rings, plyometrics

then go to a regular gym and try bodybuilding exercises

then go to a powerlifting gym and try powerlifting

whatever you like best, buy that equipment. everyone is different and until you've tried it all, you won't know what will actually work for you and what you'll enjoy - therefore keep doing for years.

as a landlord, I absolutely would not tolerate someone doing deadlifts in the dining room. juji got very lucky as a tenant and you shouldn't expect to be able to put up a rack on hardwood floors

Don't most apartments have gyms? Every one I've lived in has and nobody used it, so I always had the run of the place.

What? no
Not every apartment is in a big apartment complex. And not every big apartment complex has its own gym.

odds are your weak and a faggot

This is my garage. I have a squat stand with Pullup bar and dip attachement,an adjustable bench and a barbell with enough weights. Combined with a curl bar and dumbbellls i can do everything i need. I also have a cable pully and a cheap ellyptical.

You should buy a gym Package from Rep Fitness.

repfitness.com/equipment-packages/hg-4-equipment-package

I personally own a Rep Gladiator barbell and a Rep flat bench. They are high quality stuff (been using them for a year now).

My squat rack is a Titan T3 with safety arms, but I don't recommend doing business with Titan because their shipping department is stupid. The squat rack came with two boxes, but they sent me only the bottom boxes two times. It took about a month to get it all fixed.

Finally, you can make a cheap deadlift platform using one horsestall mat cut in half and a wide patio block to stand on.

my current setup. 5k is too much. just get some a decent set of dumbbells (not like my crappy ones), a cage/bench and some plates. pick them up and put them back down. repeat till you make it.

>tfw would want nothing more than a home gym
>americans their homegym is bigger than my livingroom

repfitness.com/equipment-packages/hg-3-equipment-package
Noob here, so with this you can deadlift, squat, and bench right?
I mean that's all you need, are those floormat things necessary? I'm planning on putting this in my concrete floored garage.

Maybe check the smaller makers like Rebel Strength? Seems pretty solid

The Concrete5 vant withstand the hits IT would tale. So unless you want Concrete5 dyst and chips All over your floor then get mats

Odd way of typing, but I get the point.
Anything else like the mats I should know before pulling the trigger on this repfitness.com/equipment-packages/hg-3-equipment-package

Have ti share this with my gf but it works. Need to get a weight tree at some point to clean it up a bit, and a curl bar so I can stop n ordering my wrists

*murdering
Fuck I'm tired

So, this is my garage. I don’t use it for anything other than storing s bunch of shit. This is the state the previous owner left it in, but since then I’ve cleared and cleaned it up a bit.

Do you think it’s possible to make a home gym work in this small space? For example when I OHP, the plates would have to go between the gaps on the ceiling.

I was thinking a power rack hugging the wall, maybe some epoxy for the floor, layers of plywood for a DL platform and all the other trimmings on the sides.
Thoughts?

I meant a dip bar station to do dips you fucking moron. I forgot to add in one word and it triggered your overweight ass into thinking about food.
> you’re a fat faggot kys

you have everything you need

Where are you at?

Was this supposed to be to a specific user or is this a spiritual message?

These plus a bench. How can you forget the bench?
Also, You could also use a dip station (parallel bars) and a weighted belt
Don't skimp on the barbell
Try to do some of these /diy/

Tigtest set-up in SEE

A rack. You can get them with dips/pull up bars.
Olympic bar
weights
Bench

There. Everything you need.

what the fuck is that under your bench senpai, you shooting test while doing your warm up reps?

mirin

Ah, I see you're a man of culture.

Think about it this way: Olympic lifters use bumper plates all the time and they still like to have platforms. Invest in something to protect your floor.

You don't need a dip station for the military. You just need a pull-up bar on a squat rack. From this, you can do dips on the bar which is both safer and more alligned with military functions like climbing over a wall or ledge.

>Noob here, so with this you can deadlift, squat, and bench right?

"You have to press too" - Mark Rippetoe

I'm not a big fan of full cages for home gyms because it forces you to take the bar out of the cage to overhead press (unless you're short).

That said, if you can't do standing overhead presses do to ceiling height, be sure to learn to power clean and press outside.

looks perfect dude

dope af

I genuinely can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic; can you clarify?

This is it in its current state.

Someone else here. For the Ohp thats fine. I have my gym in my garage which seems about teh same space as this. Just get a powerrack hugging the wall and a deadlift platform (or something similar) with a bench and maybe some dumbells. I enjoy the small space as its enough for me and it gives a nice cozy feeling.

how about

1) you clean it up
2) you put your weights in it
3) dont forget to breath and eat or else you die

Nice. Did you discover any unexpected side effects like:

>It gets really cold during winter and I can’t work out.
>The humidity in winter made my bar rust, so I had to buy a new one and keep it in the house.
>He neighbours complain every time I deadlift
>Gypsies stole my plates and sold them for scrap metal

Or some stupid shit I should look out for? Also, would you recommend buying or building a power rack?

Lol would it sound pretentious if I said this is my overflow bookshelf
Bookbag for rucking

Scratch that, that's the flathead from my toolbox
Christ I need to sleep